Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

10 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Looks like Chooks might get his wish.

Seven concussions must be getting to a tipping point where he won't play on.

Gotta feel for the young fella.

Paddy's diagnosis changed to seventh KO

A SEVENTH concussion since 2014 will sideline luckless St Kilda forward Paddy McCartin for Sunday's clash against

Fremantle, after he was originally diagnosed with whiplash.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-11/paddys-diagnosis-changed-to-seventh-ko

It might not look cool to  the girls wearing a helmet when your playing footy Angus Brayshaw is playing better than ever since he adopted wearing one ....

• Like 2

Emperor McGuire bit upset at early rumours swirling about his boy Darcy Moore looking to make the move to the Swans next year. Claiming the Swans will need 15 1st Round Draft Picks to have him.

Turn it up Ed, Moore's off contract, you'll get that in compo picks from the AFL...

He'd be a nice accompaniment to our forward line and would give a bit of pace and accuracy, if I was Dean Towers I'd be worried... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

You're a builder aren't you Alex?    Hard as a marshmallow.

When the plumbing gets tough,  the plumbers get going.

e30846a516b9cecd0e70d40d9789e4bf--plumbing-humor-plumbing-funny.jpg

Yes i am and retired from it just casual chippie work these days....Only work going on in Melbourne today is indoors  rain has only stoped briefly a few times now the  wind has picked up its a terrible day outside its 4.38pm people will be leaving work id hate to be relying on the freeways to go home tonight... 

I was thinking the AFL should switch the game to the Eddie Dome, commonly known as Eithad once Telstra dome think it was even optus something once...make a lot of sense the footy wont be good to watch tonight and its rather stupid to have a stadium that can close its roof not being used in what would be one of the worst days of weather i have ever seen in Melbourne.

Plumbers are way over paid they think they deserve the best rates, never known a tidy plumber yet.....they have a habit of getting to a job finding a spot which is often in front of a a door then spreading there gear around making it a mine field to walk through....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

Great win for the Swans. I wish they could play better at the SCG.

Man of the match is Ben Ronke. Third AFL game  had  10 tackles  and kicked 7 goals.  Great game young man.

Yep, Shonky Ronke got you over the line.

Enjoy it mate.

Woooo 15 min in first quarter in fantasy......Chooks plays his DONALD TRUMP card Captain Mitchel out for 116 woooooooooooopie doooooooo Delightful take a nice lead 327 to 221...its all down hill from here officer....

Rip is Ripping into Numnuts....and Fj is already second to the ball....why on earth do you have Merret as your captain? I ditched him 4 weeks ago, to long in the Phillipines I think for you young man...

There are very few premium midfeilders worth there asking price at this stage of the season, 700,000 plus for someone averaging around high 90's is B***s***t...

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Thoughts on Parker’s bump on Impy? 

My initial thought, both players eyes only for the ball, Parker goes in side on, Impy goes in head on. Parker makes inevitable contact with Impy’s head, which I think is unavoidable and unintentional. Kangaroo Court of Social Media baying for Parker to serve life without the possibility of parole! 

Similar but not exactly like the Lindsay Thomas hit on Scott Selwood, at first glance, but given that Impy came back on will likely save Parker from a week on the pine. I’m also of the opinion that given Ryan Burton had no case to answer a few weeks ago, will also likely play into Parker’s case going the same way.

Personally, I think he'll get a week.

Careless, medium impact and high.

They will slow it down to the nth degree and say even though Parker only had 0.5 seconds

to react, he should've foreseen the possibility that Impey, (who is smaller) might get injured.

Parker should've taken into account Impey's, weight, height and footy IQ before impact.

The Swans will appeal this and then Michael Christian will go onto every radio station in Australia saying

"it was the easiest decision they've (MRO) had to make all year".

Swans will lose the appeal and penalty will be increased to a month.

• Confused 1

The problem is to many teams and to many Dumb footballers.

If you want to be in the contest with your body Open you deserve to be carted off.

And don't worry if you protect yourself first and the coach says you went half hearted,your more value to be in the contest after and the one after that.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Personally, I think he'll get a week.

Careless, medium impact and high.

They will slow it down to the nth degree and say even though Parker only had 0.5 seconds

to react, he should've foreseen the possibility that Impey, (who is smaller) might get injured.

Parker should've taken into account Impey's, weight, height and footy IQ before impact.

The Swans will appeal this and then Michael Christian will go onto every radio station in Australia saying

"it was the easiest decision they've (MRO) had to make all year".

Swans will lose the appeal and penalty will be increased to a month.

The only one who should a months penalty is Christian

• Haha 1

It's the law makers.

At training you don't pick the ball up front on,you pick it up side on to protect yourself.

Good players with awareness will bump the player off the ball to win it.

Novice players with no awareness try to win the ball via free kick by leaving themselves open.

It makes you realise just how good a guy like Diesel Williams was to be in the firing line week in week out

and have such a long career.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, Will27 said:

Looks like Chooks might get his wish.

Seven concussions must be getting to a tipping point where he won't play on.

Gotta feel for the young fella.

Paddy's diagnosis changed to seventh KO

A SEVENTH concussion since 2014 will sideline luckless St Kilda forward Paddy McCartin for Sunday's clash against

Fremantle, after he was originally diagnosed with whiplash.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-11/paddys-diagnosis-changed-to-seventh-ko

Actually the saints play the Dockers tonight, Saturday not Sunday. McCartin no loss.

16 hours ago, joboss said:

Dockers v Saints..

Dockers are playing half hearted

Last week was a piss poor effort.

Hope they are awake and come to play tonight.

Not going as my Sister is taking the step grandchildren.  Two boys 9 and 11.

Didn’t you love going to the footy when you were a boy.

Go Eagles!!

Great......back to your freeloading ways......

3/4 @ Fantasy ......

Delightful will delightfully take the points today over 100 up and 4 more missiles to launch against 3 pop guns, will continue to have the wood over Chooka's saints....Captain Mitchell's poor game was almost the difference, Chooks song for this round is "Country Road Take Me Home" think its in West Virginia....

Fj 214 down with only 1 ace up is short sleeve shirt, Sade's "Love is the Gun" springs to mind, "I know the end before the story's been told its not that complicated but your gonna meed a bullet proof soul.....it hit my like a slow bullet".....Yes Fj it will hit you like a slow bullet as the agony is drawn right out until the end.

And for Rip its "Up up and Away" 4th Dimension wow thats old and the old commercial was with TAA...wow im showing my age...Dusted down my music hard drive to make a new playlist recently thats why these songs are in my mind...I would like it known right now I do very much hate country music the odd song is bearable...we use to have a country music channel here in Melbourne a long time ago and always though it was perfect if you needed to torture someone, just tie them up and turn on the telly 24hrs non stop country music...

And Joboss's Eagles have a very much needed season reprieve by not playing this year...

• Like 1

Not sure how it works but could Chooks as commisioner hand Numbnuts over to Joboss if health allows.

Since everyone will make the finals and lots of time to sort the team out.

Mind you Numbnuts budget might be a bit thin. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Great......back to your freeloading ways......

Freeloading…

Hospital stays and ongoing care …free

Disability pension… free

Seniors card….  Free transport +

Health Care card …   Alll meds at $5.40 a script.

I would say that I am officially a….. BLUDGER!

Thank you Australia.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, joboss said:

Freeloading…

Hospital stays and ongoing care …free

Disability pension… free

Seniors card….  Free transport +

Health Care card …   Alll meds at $5.40 a script.

I would say that I am officially a….. BLUDGER!

Thank you Australia.

Yep it sounds like it...

Are you intrested in taking over Numnuts? im sure Chook wouldn't mind since your a lousy Fantasy player anyway...

• Like 2

Courageous effort by the Roos against the Tigers.

If we can tidy up a few fatigue errors it will be a good year.

I'm most happiest that i'm still in the Gauntlet after 4 rounds,deepest i've ever gone.:smile:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Courageous effort by the Roos against the Tigers.

If we can tidy up a few fatigue errors it will be a good year.

I'm most happiest that i'm still in the Gauntlet after 4 rounds,deepest i've ever gone.:smile:

Yep, just lacked a bit of polish near the end.

The 2 shots Benny Brown missed in the last 5 minutes were crucial.

Hopefully we'll get some revenge for you next week:smile:

• Like 2

Well guys, that's it for another round.

Quite a few upsets this week.

Ozzydom and Radar501 both picked 6 with Ozzydom

closest to the margin with 4.

Well done fella's.

Grant Smith holds onto his lead although it's been reduced to 3.

Ripstanley has jumped into 2nd spot and Farmerjo into 3rd.

• Like 1