Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Gee, Sydney with Tom Mitchell and Goodes, have a lot of coin playing Magoo's.

Goodes to play reserves

ADAM GOODES has told Sydney Swans coach John Longmire he'd rather play in the reserves than be sub for another week.

"I suggested he was going to be sub this week when we had a discussion about it, and he said 'well I might be better off playing

reserves to make sure I can play good quality game time,'" Longmire told reporters at the SCG on Thursday morning.

While Longmire said selection would be finalised after training, he confirmed Goodes would line up in the NEAFL.

• Like 1

Gee, Sydney with Tom Mitchell and Goodes, have a lot of coin playing Magoo's.

Goodes to play reserves

ADAM GOODES has told Sydney Swans coach John Longmire he'd rather play in the reserves than be sub for another week.

"I suggested he was going to be sub this week when we had a discussion about it, and he said 'well I might be better off playing

reserves to make sure I can play good quality game time,'" Longmire told reporters at the SCG on Thursday morning.

While Longmire said selection would be finalised after training, he confirmed Goodes would line up in the NEAFL.

Goodes is not an ideal Sub IMO. You want a sub with speed and Goodes has lost that extra speed needed. I'd like to see the AFL developing the SUB rule to allow a choice of 2 or 3 players, depending on the player injured or subbed or game situation.

Tommy Mitchell...hard to see him getting back into the first team without some key injuries to other players. Can happen of course. Heeney slotting straight into the side has not helped his chances either.

• Like 1

When you sign in to fantasy,go to leagues and click on that and thailand mob will come up.

Thanks, now how often and when can we change players?

Ummm by the way second last not second.

And a weather report from Samui.....rain and rain and more rain

You can trade 2 players per week. I just delisted ablett
  • Like 1

Well gangsters

Another round upon us and I guess the game of the round is North versus Port at Etihad.

A crucial game for both teams as North have Geelong at Skilled the following week and

Port have the hawks at home. Which North Melbourne will turn up? As I'm not sure, I'll

be sticking with my routine of picking against them....Port for me.

Can the WB upset the hawks? Not with hawthorn coming off a loss one would think.

Can Brissie beat Richmond at the Gabba? Brissie have been woeful but I'm still not sold

on Richmond. Could see an upset here.

Could the unthinkable happen and Saint Kilda win back to back?

Collingwood possibly without Pendelbury.

Will BookMan continue his love/hate relationship with North or will Chimpy finally take charge?

This and more answers will be provided by Sunday evening.

Good luck fella's.

Chimpy is very upset with me for not listening to him last week but I have to stick with my own tips for one more week.

I'll be picking Port. Can't see North maintaining defensive pressure like Freo and Sydney did. Could be a running free for all shootout at goal. In that case north do have a lot of options...oh, decisions!

What about West Coast V Freo ?

The other one is GWS v Sydney. Could be an upset on the cards there

Well gangsters

Another round upon us and I guess the game of the round is North versus Port at Etihad.

A crucial game for both teams as North have Geelong at Skilled the following week and

Port have the hawks at home. Which North Melbourne will turn up? As I'm not sure, I'll

be sticking with my routine of picking against them....Port for me.

Can the WB upset the hawks? Not with hawthorn coming off a loss one would think.

Can Brissie beat Richmond at the Gabba? Brissie have been woeful but I'm still not sold

on Richmond. Could see an upset here.

Could the unthinkable happen and Saint Kilda win back to back?

Collingwood possibly without Pendelbury.

Will BookMan continue his love/hate relationship with North or will Chimpy finally take charge?

This and more answers will be provided by Sunday evening.

Good luck fella's.

Chimpy is very upset with me for not listening to him last week but I have to stick with my own tips for one more week.

I'll be picking Port. Can't see North maintaining defensive pressure like Freo and Sydney did. Could be a running free for all shootout at goal. In that case north do have a lot of options...oh, decisions!

What about West Coast V Freo ?

The other one is GWS v Sydney. Could be an upset on the cards there

Not a chance in hell I'm afraid BookMan.

Sydney might be a bit flat/tired after last week, but it would be a brave man to tip against the Swans at the minute.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=849364675131035&set=a.348557635211744.78005.100001725306373&type=1&theater

Nathan Buckley as a mosquito.
About to infect Saint Kilda Football Club with Chikungunya.
Chikungunya is preventable, but not treatable.

Nathan Buckley won the Brownlow medal in 2003 sharing the win with fellow greats Adam Goodes and Mark Ricciuto and played in Collingwood’s 2002 & 2003 Grand Final Teams, winning the Norm Smith medal in the 2002 game despite being on the losing side.

This week we had 2 tipsters who picked 6/9. They are myself and Carnegie Joe. This weeks winner is Carnegie Joe who had the better margin. Well done Joe.

Nice work fella's.

Rip is on fire picking the most in the first 2 rounds.

Would be nice if Carnegie Joe made an appearance here, even to bragwink.png

I think he is busy in the news forum between holidays

I think it is a permanent holiday

Interesting 24 hours in footy...

Brian Lake arrested for driving whilst suspended...

Goodesy dumped to the seconds because he doesn't want to be the sub, Shawry's feeling uncomfortable that the great man is playing in reserves and he isn't. Another Ryan O'Keefe scenario on our hands?

I will say, having watched Goodesy at 1/4 time and 3/4 time (last week) he was itching for a kick (he was running around and having a kick with Nick Davis) so I think the desire is there for him to play, just don't think he's got the leg speed to keep up.

• Like 2

Well have tipped the saints for tonight, who is joining me?

19% of tipsters are supporting the Saints according to the AFL tipping site.

I am doing my supporter duty by tipping the Weagles to down the Dockers by 8 points.

• Like 1

I am doing my supporter duty by tipping the Weagles to down the Dockers by 8 points.

No way, Dockers by 5 goals tongue.png

• Like 2

Paddy Mc Cartin, suppose to be a number 1 draft pick, what a useless piece of crap he is. You have guys like Newness, Leone and Sinclair who were taken well down the order have developed into better players than bloody paddy. Dump the useless piece of excrement

Edited by chooka

Paddy Mc Cartin, suppose to be a number 1 draft pick, what a useless piece of crap he is. You have guys like Newness, Leone and Sinclair who were taken well down the order have developed into better players than bloody paddy. Dump the useless piece of excrement

Paddy who?

• Like 1

Paddy who?

That's what the history books will probably say. He may have been big and stood out with the kids last year but he is not cut out for the elite level. He was soiling his pants and needed his mum last night, dropped everything and was just in the way of his team mates. The media is going to tear him apart as one of these number one picks who never made it.
  • Like 1

No way, Dockers by 5 goals tongue.png

This one will bring back a few memories with players from the past and presesnt involved including Modra.Watch it to the end ,great stuff.

http://freman.tl/1IRblKL

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

Paddy who?

That's what the history books will probably say. He may have been big and stood out with the kids last year but he is not cut out for the elite level. He was soiling his pants and needed his mum last night, dropped everything and was just in the way of his team mates. The media is going to tear him apart as one of these number one picks who never made it.

Eaaaasy there chooka.

The young lad was only told an hour before the game that he was playing as Riewoldt pulled out.

Not the best way of preparing and he did looked overawed. Still only 18 and most big guys tend to

mature quite late.

Big Johnno Brown didn't get a stat in his debut and he turned out ok.

As an aside, first time I'm starting to have doubts about our coach Adam Simpson.

Picking Patrick McGinnity, Sam Butler and Josh hill instead of the new guys is worrying me.

Those guys, especially McGinnity are taking us nowhere and a few of them should've been

delisted IMO.

Paddy who?

Eaaaasy there chooka.

The young lad was only told an hour before the game that he was playing as Riewoldt pulled out.

Not the best way of preparing and he did looked overawed. Still only 18 and most big guys tend to

mature quite late.

Big Johnno Brown didn't get a stat in his debut and he turned out ok.

As an aside, first time I'm starting to have doubts about our coach Adam Simpson.

Picking Patrick McGinnity, Sam Butler and Josh hill instead of the new guys is worrying me.

Those guys, especially McGinnity are taking us nowhere and a few of them should've been

delisted IMO.

jack lonie is also only 18 and was taken at pick 47 in last year's draft. He has played 3 games this year ranking amongst in the best on ground each week. He has been described as a ready made player in the mould of a young Lenny Hayes and one who slipped through to the saints. Mc Cartin is probably 5 or 6 years away from being an average player if he makes it. Sports media this morning were tearing Mc Cartin to shreads saying he was a dressed up, over rated prospect and not cut out for AFL. He could be a reasonable VFL player but no real chance of making a mark at elite level. Edited by chooka

Chooka,jack lonie is also only 18 and was taken at pick 47 in last year's draft. He has played 3 games this year ranking amongst in the best on ground each week. He has been described as a ready made player in the mould of a young Lenny Hayes and one who slipped through to the saints. Mc Cartin is probably 5 or 6 years away from being an average player if he makes it. Sports media this morning were tearing Mc whistling.gif to shreads saying he was a dressed up, over rated prospect and not cut out for AFL. He could be a reasonable VFL player but no real chance of making a mark at elite level.

Only time will prove the media and yourself right or wrong.

Is this the same Jack Lonie who got 2 kicks last nighttongue.png

Chooka, you're comparing apples with oranges here mate.

Lonie is 174 cm who is a small foward who might be able

to go through the midfield. Paddy is 194 cm who is being

groomed as a key forward.

I would be disappointed and surprised if the media got stuck

into an 18 year old making his debut. I don't think he's even

played AFL as yet.

Like Ron19 said, only time will tell but I really think you need

to cut the kid some slack.

C'mon chooka, calm down mate, as khun Will27 said he was only given the call up an hour before the game. You'd be hard pressed to find any #1 draft pick that could do that in their first game.

In other news... Spiderman's just scored goal of the year! Swans up by 35 at half time...

Mummy's been reported... again... for engaging in ruff conduct, gave Laidler a Liverpool kiss and gave away a 50 to Spiderman...

Heeney's having a huge day out, 3 goals to halftime and a couple of assists... Looking really good this kid... Anyone who picked him up in their Dream Team will be laughing!

• Like 2

Not likely....never would have and I just saw the score, never thought it would be close either. Except for the bow wow wows just about all clubs are playing to expectations....hummmmmmm

Paddy who?

Another Watts?

I mean do anyone expect some kid to walk into a hmmmm down the ladder club and just be a superstar?