Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Phew, just viewed the first quarter of the Port/Sydney game.

I'm exhausted just from watching it!

What a grind it was.

Syd a couple of goals up.

Great game..Sydney up 46-26 but anyone's game

how about ST Kilda against Gold coast?? Leading by 47 points at half time

<deleted>! I will be 1/5 correct after tonight blink.png

• Like 2

GC down to the St's by 28 points.

That's losses to SK and Melbourne in the first 2 weeks.

Games I'm sure they would've pencilled in.

The decision to appoint Rocket Eade isn't looking that good

at the minute.

• Like 2

Nice work by Sydney tonight fella's, well done.

Now let's all spare a thought for Mr Smith and hope he makes it

out of Adelaide oval alivetongue.png

He will be ok. They'll never tear him apart. The Power have been torn apart. Was a nice idea, but it's backfired. Haha!

• Like 2

He will be ok. They'll never tear him apart. The Power have been torn apart. Was a nice idea, but it's backfired. Haha!

Top effort from Sydney. The backline performed way above my expectations. looks like Rampe might fill the Malceski role.

Butterfingers Reid looks much better in defense than he does up front.

Heeney had a good night, as did Kennedy and mcveigh ..well, everyone really.

That was the lowest score Port has kicked under Hinkley, and the biggest margin loss for over a year.

GS must have enjoyed the atmosphere...esp. After 3Q time tongue.png

I hope some of my tips win tomorrow..I'm handing over to Chimpy for next week

• Like 1

My tipping is terrible this week, 3 from 5 and should have stuck with my heart and gone with the saints.

Saints in the eight so may take a moment to enjoy it whilst I can.

I am 2 from 6. So another moment to enjoy tongue.png

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Fyfe is looking very Brownlow like this year

Fyfe ticks all of the boxes.

Kicks goals, takes hangers and keeps on running.

Freo looked very good today.

From what I've seen so far, hawthorn, Syd and Freo look to

be have a bit of a gap between the next best.

There's a long way to go though.

• Like 1

This week we had 2 tipsters who picked 6/9. They are myself and Carnegie Joe. This weeks winner is Carnegie Joe who had the better margin. Well done Joe.

Nice work fella's.

Rip is on fire picking the most in the first 2 rounds.

Would be nice if Carnegie Joe made an appearance here, even to bragwink.png

This week we had 2 tipsters who picked 6/9. They are myself and Carnegie Joe. This weeks winner is Carnegie Joe who had the better margin. Well done Joe.

Nice work fella's.

Rip is on fire picking the most in the first 2 rounds.

Would be nice if Carnegie Joe made an appearance here, even to bragwink.png

I think he is busy in the news forum between holidays

• Like 1

Nice to see the Roos bounce back with Waite kicking seven.biggrin.png

Well done to Grannys apples who beat me in the fantasythumbsup.gif came down to the last quarter of the last game.

Well done to Carnegie Joe in the tipping,i might have to try the radom select tips the way i'm going.facepalm.gif

Was Waite worth the waittongue.png

I bet that was a dagger through the heart of Blues fans.......pity thatbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Top effort from Sydney. The backline performed way above my expectations. looks like Rampe might fill the Malceski role.

That was the lowest score Port has kicked under Hinkley, and the biggest margin loss for over a year.

Well chaps, I can safely say, that the move to the Adelaide Oval has somewhat gentrified the Port supporters. That being said, the club could insert a copy of the rule book into their membership packs. <deleted> me. Never heard such <deleted>.

There was a surprisingly vocal Sydney contingent and not just the mob behind the goals.

I should have taken a mouth guard with me, having to bite my tongue so often was quite painful.

The new Adelaide Oval is pretty flash, the atmosphere is beaten up a bit though and it's <deleted> exxy for a pint $A9! Thankfully no West End wink.png

Isaac Heeney's going to be a gun if he keeps this up, another Parker or Hanerbury...

A much improved team from last week and a strong 4 quarter effort.

Though Port were stiff with a few calls going against them, that 50 given to Westoff, would've made AlexRRR blush...

Mr Smith

A question if I may.

On TV before the game, one of the media guys, Richo I think said "it's the loudest crowd/venue" he's

ever heard.

What's your take on it?

Well done to Grannys apples who beat me in the fantasythumbsup.gif came down to the last quarter of the last game.

Well done to Carnegie Joe in the tipping,i might have to try the radom select tips the way i'm going.facepalm.gif

I bet that was a dagger through the heart of Blues fans.......pity thatbiggrin.png

I thought malthouse had a policy at carlton of moving on any player who might be able to kick goals

• Like 2

Well chaps, I can safely say, that the move to the Adelaide Oval has somewhat gentrified the Port supporters. That being said, the club could insert a copy of the rule book into their membership packs. <deleted> me. Never heard such <deleted>.

There was a surprisingly vocal Sydney contingent and not just the mob behind the goals.

I should have taken a mouth guard with me, having to bite my tongue so often was quite painful.

The new Adelaide Oval is pretty flash, the atmosphere is beaten up a bit though and it's <deleted> exxy for a pint $A9! Thankfully no West End wink.png

Isaac Heeney's going to be a gun if he keeps this up, another Parker or Hanerbury...

A much improved team from last week and a strong 4 quarter effort.

Though Port were stiff with a few calls going against them, that 50 given to Westoff, would've made AlexRRR blush...

Mr Smith

A question if I may.

On TV before the game, one of the media guys, Richo I think said "it's the loudest crowd/venue" he's

ever heard.

What's your take on it?

At the very beginning, before the bounce, they were pretty loud but I wouldn't say the loudest I've seen heard. Maybe the fireworks scared Richo a bit..

I've heard rugby crowds louder and AFL crowds at the MCG & SCG that were louder.

• Like 1

I thought malthouse had a policy at carlton of moving on any player who might be able to kick goals

That's a bit harsh BookMan. I mean apart from getting rid of Waite, Eddie Betts and Jeff Garlett,

there haven't been that many othersbiggrin.png

I also bet they're also ruing getting rid of Sam Jacobs.

Mick "Carlton has a list capable of challenging for a premiership" Malthouse on a million

plus a year must be laughing.

• Like 1

That's a bit harsh BookMan. I mean apart from getting rid of Waite, Eddie Betts and Jeff Garlett,

there haven't been that many othersbiggrin.png

I also bet they're also ruing getting rid of Sam Jacobs.

Mick "Carlton has a list capable of challenging for a premiership" Malthouse on a million

plus a year must be laughing.

He hasn't built up too much in his time there.

• Like 1

What an enigma Nth Melbourne is but having said that, looks like Brisbane hasn't got much to show us this year.

Changed my tip to Brisbane half an hour before the game. smileys-sad-593832.gif

Maybe start backing Brisbane in the second half of the season. That's the way they've been the last two years.

At the moment they just don't have the skills, and without Rockliff and Hanley for several more weeks they'll continue to struggle.

• Like 2

I also had a good win in the fantasy comp, defeating Alex's Dees sitting 2nd behind Rips Swans. I'll play him for that spot in round 7.
  • Like 1

The AFL’s Match Review Panel has charged Fremantle forward Hayden Ballantyne with rough conduct in Sunday’s match at Simonds Stadium.

Ballantyne attempted to bump Geelong's Harry Taylor during the fourth quarter, but made contact with the defender’s head.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Geelong Cats Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with medium impact to the head.

The offence was classified as a two-match sanction. The player has an applicable bad record, which INCREASES the penalty to a three-match sanction. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a two-match sanction.

If he accepts with an early plea, the 27-year-old will miss the round 3 Carlton Draught Derby against West Coast and the round 4 Len Hall Tribute game against Sydney.

• Like 1