Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Sheeet

Going into the year, I thought WC would finish between 8th to 10th.

Will now reassess to anywhere between 10th and 14th.

Last year I thought we had one of the best groups of big guys in the league.

With Glass and Cox retiring and having lost our F&B winner Mackenzie pre-season,

I thought the stocks were looking a bit thin. Then losing our full back Mitch Brown

for the year hurts. Add to that Jack Darling being out injured really has decimated the

big man stocks.

Still, thought it was a decent game to watch yesterday and accurate kicking allowed us to

be close for most of the game. Still, WC's problem is the same as last year, no pace.

I just hope we can get over Malthouses mob next Friday night. It's my grand finalbiggrin.png

The Bulldogs win was even more impressive considering some players they lost at the end of last year:

Shaun Higgins

Adam Cooney

Ryan Griffen

its upside down bit like your team....

where do you watch AFL in CM?

chooka is partial to the karaoke place near Chian mai gate on the moat

Bit expensive apparently.

I've also heard he likes to watch his boys at the Shamrock Pub.

post-69328-0-89931400-1428290048_thumb.j

post-69328-0-29778700-1428290642_thumb.j

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Sheeet

Going into the year, I thought WC would finish between 8th to 10th.

Will now reassess to anywhere between 10th and 14th.

Last year I thought we had one of the best groups of big guys in the league.

With Glass and Cox retiring and having lost our F&B winner Mackenzie pre-season,

I thought the stocks were looking a bit thin. Then losing our full back Mitch Brown

for the year hurts. Add to that Jack Darling being out injured really has decimated the

big man stocks.

Still, thought it was a decent game to watch yesterday and accurate kicking allowed us to

be close for most of the game. Still, WC's problem is the same as last year, no pace.

I just hope we can get over Malthouses mob next Friday night. It's my grand finalbiggrin.png

The Bulldogs win was even more impressive considering some players they lost at the end of last year:

Shaun Higgins

Adam Cooney

Ryan Griffen

Yep, they have some good youngsters going around.

None more impressive than Bontempelli I think.

Does anybody else think that hawthorn, Syd, Port and Freo will be top

4 and there will be quite a gap between the rest?

Or am I writing Geelong and North off a bit early?

I wouldn't write off Adelaide either after yesterday...needs a few more weeks.

My tip is Hawthorn will be even stronger than last year

I wouldn't write off Adelaide either after yesterday...needs a few more weeks.

My tip is Hawthorn will be even stronger than last year

Ade looked impressive and will be real hard to beat at home but

I'm not sure they're top 4.

Will be interesting to see how Geelong go against the hawks today

with Mitch Clark down their now with Tom hawkins.

I have a feeling Geelong will not have the leg speed having lost

Varco and Christianson.

• Like 1

Of the games I have watched so far this round, I have seen quite a few shots on goal hit the goal post.

Last nights Dockers V Power game I saw two. Also seen two players hit the posts too.

Haven't seen this though:

Round 2, 1949.

Anderson (full forward) had a chance to score Hawthorn's first goal half-way through the second quarter, but his shot hit the post.
Altogether he had three shots for goal and all hit the post.

• Like 1

Shaun Higgins

Adam Cooney

Ryan Griffen

Yep, they have some good youngsters going around.

None more impressive than Bontempelli I think.

I forgot about Brian lake..

Some serious talent that has left them in the last 2 years

ummmmmm im in CM from the 17th for a week...but im not into Karaoke anyway i fly out the following sat morning so wouldnt matter if somewhere they stream a game live.

Yes your writing off the Cats to early even if there getting done today, i see the Cats around where the Hawks were at the time Mathewes and co were just about finnished, a few so so years then bang they took it off before the core group retired...

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season.........The Dees and Dogs won there premership last weekend , Tigers should be in the top 5 Blues bottom 5 and Malty out of a job end of the season.

Yes your writing off the Cats to early even if there getting done today, i see the Cats around where the Hawks were at the time Mathewes and co were just about finnished, a few so so years then bang they took it off before the core group retired...

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season.........The Dees and Dogs won there premership last weekend , Tigers should be in the top 5 Blues bottom 5 and Malty out of a job end of the season.

I just don't think the Cats will make top 4, but they will be dangerous.

Tigers top 5........I don't think they will even make the 8.

• Like 1

Difficult call after round 1.

Hawthorn looked very very good for round 1. They have so many options to kick goals, strong midfield, good defence. cohesive team structure. Other teams are going to be hoping they have injuries to key players come finals time.

Freo. Sandilands and Pav are getting on in years and both will have to be carefully managed this year and injury free come finals. They still need to kick more goals

Sydney will have to mightily improve to be a top 4 contender...I have my concerns about their defence. Shaw and teddy are on in years. However, they have pace coming out with Rohan and Jetta. One strength Sydney has is a bucketload of players who can kick goals.

Tom Mitchell will be hoping he makes the starting list this year. Next year could be worse for him when he gets traded to Carlton. Heeney looks like a gun.

Port Adelaide AND Adelaide..both in contention based on round one

Geelong. They look better up front with Hawkins and Mitch Clark. Certainly better for Hawkins. Top 6?

• Like 1

I just don't think the Cats will make top 4, but they will be dangerous.

Tigers top 5........I don't think they will even make the 8.

I reckon they can make 7-8-9-10.

ummmmmm im in CM from the 17th for a week...but im not into Karaoke anyway i fly out the following sat morning so wouldnt matter if somewhere they stream a game live.
The new star bar at the night bazaar, good old army mate of 30 years owns it.

Must say having watched Hawthorn do an absolute number on Geelong today it's easy to say that the Hawks are a shoe in for a hattrick this year..

That being said, Geelong were playing a vet offensive defence today and didn't really look to defend too much...

I can see the Adelaide (faithful) getting up and about early, Christ knows, I put up with a fair amount of it the last couple of days - enjoy it while it lasts is my theme - but Hawthorn will be hard to beat.

The top 4 is a bit hard to pick given it's only round 1, but Geelong will be gunning for that 3rd & 4th spot along with Fremantle, Geelong & Port... I think Hawthorn is the team to beat and Sydney will slot in at #2..

Well done Rip.thumbsup.gif

I'm over the moon to be just a couple behind.Was looking like a train smash in round 1 at one stage.

Chooka,you scared of heights being that high up the ladder.laugh.png

Bring on the fantasy this week,good to have a week before it starts to iron out a few players.

• Like 2

Dees in 4th place,lets just cancel the rest of the home and away games and get straight into the finalsclap2.gif

Chance of the top 8 this year?

yep will be down to the Dees and Saints for that final spot.