Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

I hear there is a little town in Victoria in the grip of a long running drought, 51 years. whistling.gif

At least they got 12 cups to show for 150 years and the full forward of the century that should have been in the west , ummm some purple team i know of still looking for there first ....post-186435-0-44016900-1449616890_thumb.

• Like 2

Creed. It has been mentioned here once or twice. if you like boxing movies its well worth a view. One of Stallone's best performances. Very good ring scenes.

You doing tv and movie reviews now bookie?

Oops!

That makes about ten times i have posted a movie review in an AFL thread tongue.png

• Like 2

Not into Stallone, was over him after the first Rocky show then everyone started talking like an ex boxer mafia type.

That Tv show i download the first series, haven't seen it yet rather dry but i might get into it, my brother who put me onto it tells me the second series is out as well...

I just downloaded The Man from Uncle and Mission Impossible latest/5 for the TGF....you know they like them fast and furious with little to no talking....

Which reminds me of when i was living there previous TGF asked if we could go to the movies after work one friday so i met up with her at MBK .....well you can imaging the range of movies on show there...i let her choose as it looks like i would be sleeping though it, she choose Battleship, bit like her personality, to noisey to sleep through not much talking either....she liked it and i learned something that day about what Thais like.

I hear there is a little town in Victoria in the grip of a long running drought, 51 years. whistling.gif

At least they got 12 cups to show for 150 years and the full forward of the century that should have been in the west , ummm some purple team i know of still looking for there first ....attachicon.gifbae3af77b302cfc9c70195822fd3b8fe.jpg

Last time I checked, this was the AFL forum.

I can't recall Melbourne winning an AFL premiershipwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Welcome to our cosy little subforum.

Hope you stick around.

We also have a prestigious tipping comp every yearsmile.png

Cynical Sailor,2 former winners are Farmerjo and myself.

I forget who won this year.

While we're on the tipping, we also have a separate tipping comp

for the finals which is even more prestigious.

Apparently, there's only been one winner.

Was it Alex?

I've heard the winner is better looking.

• Like 1

At least they got 12 cups to show for 150 years and the full forward of the century that should have been in the west , ummm some purple team i know of still looking for there first ....attachicon.gifbae3af77b302cfc9c70195822fd3b8fe.jpg

WILL your nit picking...afl vfl vfa thats where they all came from....and to think i stuck up for you yesterday man...

Who's this new guy? the wood supporter, not chooks reincarnated?

• Like 1

Victim's account will shape Richmond Tigers star Dustin Martin's punishment

Richmond's perceived failure to read the room on the day Dustin Martin's violent threat to a woman became public has emerged as one of many complexities in the troubled world in which the explosive young footballer has been known to live.

The woman, a Channel Seven producer who does not want to be named, was interviewed late on Tuesday by the Tigers' integrity officer Steve Wyatt, in a meeting held in conjunction with AFL investigators.

It will be her version of events that holds the key to Martin's ultimate penalty.

Martin will not escape punishment but the strong view of the club, backed by the AFL, is that whether the woman felt in physical danger or was the victim of an obnoxious and verbally vicious drunk will shape the severity of his punishment.

Neither alternative is palatable, but if she felt at risk of physical harm this should be a matter for the police, and Martin should be charged.

If not, the Tigers face a difficult call on how best to penalise their problem child, who they insist has not previously shown signs of violence and who the club has managed to steer through some difficult times with notable success.In an ideal world Richmond would come down heavily on Martin this week, issuing a long-term suspension of four to six weeks, similar to what Geelong and its leadership group inflicted in 2007 upon Steve Johnson.

In the same year Stevie J emerged with a Norm Smith Medal around his neck.

But this is not an ideal world. In fact, Martin's world is far from ideal, and for the Tigers he remains a week-to-week proposition. Or in the case of summer seasons past, at times a day-to-day proposition.

The entanglements of Martin's lifestyle, upbringing, emotional wellbeing and sometimes dreadful social habits have always combined to see Richmond steer away from punishment.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/victims-account-will-shape-richmond-tigers-star-dustin-martins-punishment-20151208-glipay.html#ixzz3tmToGZxR
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

WILL your nit picking...afl vfl vfa thats where they all came from....and to think i stuck up for you yesterday man...

Who's this new guy? the wood supporter, not chooks reincarnated?

Chooks would never come back as a Collingwood supporter.

Last time he came back as a Doggies fantongue.png

• Like 2

"Caroline Wilson The Age bulldog and journalist"

Don't you mean " Bulldike"

Wish she would switch her attention to the soccer or NRL and disappear from any AFL shows.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

I wonder if ASADA will be visiting Dusty any time soon for a 'random' sample...

Welcome to our cosy little subforum.

Hope you stick around.

We also have a prestigious tipping comp every yearsmile.png

Count me in. I hope you accept one-eyed Collingwood supporters. [emoji12]

Sorry matesmile.png

Q. Two Collingwood supporters jump off a cliff. Who wins?

A. Society.

Q. What do you call a female collngwood supporter in a white tracksuit?

A. The bride.

Q. If you are driving and you see a Collingwood supporter on a bike, why should you try not to hit him?

A. It might be your bike.

Q. What does a Collingwood supporter use as protection during sex?

A. Bus shelter.

And

You know you're a Collingwood supporter when:

1. A Halloween pumpkin has more teeth than your wife does.

2. You let your twelve-year-old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.

3. You've been married three times and still have the same in-laws.

4. Jack Daniel's makes your list of "most admired people."

5. You wonder how service stations keep their restrooms so clean.

6. Someone in your family once died right after saying: "Hey, watch this."

7. You think Dom Perignon is a Mafia leader.

8. A ceiling fan once ruined your wife's hairdo.

9. You think the last words of Advance Australia Fair are: "Carn the Maggies ."

10. You lit a match in the bathroom and your house exploded, right off its wheels.

11. The market value of your car goes up and down, depending on how much petrol is in it.

12. You have to go outside to get something from the fridge.

13. One of your kids was born on a pool table.

14. You can't get married to your sweetheart because there's a law against it.

15. You think "loaded dishwasher" means your wife is drunk.

16. Your toilet paper has page numbers on it.

17. Your front verandah collapses and kills more than five dogs.

hahaha i like number 11......post-186435-0-12468400-1449640969_thumb.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifcc.jpg

Ron's an old mate of mine, we get on like a house on fire, he's music tastes can be a bit dated but my old cobber mate is a good sport and appreciates when i put up something more modern.

You're too kind. I have to admit most of my favoured music comes from as the title of thread say's 50s,60s and 70s because that is the era I grew up in.

I like many styles of music and many artists but not everything by all, also like some from all era's. I did ask if the title could be changed to include other

era's but never got an answer.If there is anything that I dislike would have to say that is this rap crap shit which I know I'm an old ancient fart but for christs

sake can you call that music.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

attachicon.gifcc.jpg

Ron's an old mate of mine, we get on like a house on fire, he's music tastes can be a bit dated but my old cobber mate is a good sport and appreciates when i put up something more modern.

You're too kind. I have to admit most of my favoured music comes from as the title of thread say's 50s,60s and 70s because that is the era I grew up in.

I like many styles of music and many artists but not everything by all, also like some from all era's. I did ask if the title could be changed to include other

era's but never got an answer.If there is anything that I dislike would have to say that is this rap crap shit which I know I'm an old ancient fart but for christs

sake can you call that music.

Yes ron some is good some is bad music and some people have no tastes at all did you see how ballistic the threads on touring Bon Jovie and Elton John went?

I like a lot of styles especially latin american and i like my music modern and fused like salsa/reggae reggae/hip hop etc i like some of the alternate stuff, there is the odd rap thats pretty good to, the ones that don't try and shock you or anti establishment and i don't mind some dean and frank as well as 60's and 70's.

And didn't pia look great last night?

• Like 1