Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Scott Lycett out for disciplinary reasons after game last week. What happened?

Word on the Soi is that he went a bit hard on the wee wee

following last Saturday's debacle and missed a Sunday

morning team meeting.

• Like 1

morning team meeting.

Silly boy...took him long enough to get back into the team....if Sinclair hadn't of left, who knows...he migh have been playing for Sydney.

morning team meeting.

Silly boy...took him long enough to get back into the team....if Sinclair hadn't of left, who knows...he migh have been playing for Sydney.

Yep, just what we need after losing Nic Nat as well.

• Like 1

Didn't see it like that at all Mr Bookman....North played the man and hard they got the results early, Hawks a little rattled but not so much that they ever fell to far behind.

Hawks Played football in the second half while North continued to play the man...a strategic miss calculation by North, if North put that effort into the football they would have won, Hawks know how to win, and with 3 cups under there arm they know there going to be head hunted most weeks, bad kicking for goal is bad football always was and always will be.

The tall dark one absolutely awful fist half but is a star in the making 3rd quarter actually started to get near the ball but that last quarter the pie seller could have won it all on his own, man he's got speed and strength for 7ft tall, they do take a little while to mature but gees North has something to look forward to, though they better start recruiting quickly to capitalise on a guy like that.

• Like 2

Oh dear Bradfacepalm.gif

Embarrassed' North Melbourne apologises for claims of umpire bias

NORTH Melbourne has unreservedly apologised for coach Brad Scott's statement that Lindsay Thomas was umpired differently to other players because he was a "ducker".

Scott's comments on Friday night prompted the AFL to review all umpire audio from North Melbourne's nine-point loss to Hawthorn at Etihad Stadium.

The Kangaroos were also asked to provide the AFL with further detail about Scott's allegations

After the investigation was completed on Saturday morning, North Melbourne released a statement backtracking on the club's stance.

"The North Melbourne Football Club wishes to withdraw statements made in last night's post match media conference regarding the umpiring," the statement read.

"After discussions with its players and the AFL, it has been established conversations between players and staff in-game, were misconstrued at the time and consequently, relayed incorrectly post-game.

"We understand and accept these alleged comments did not come from any umpire.

"The club is embarrassed by, and accepts full responsibility for, the situation that has unfolded and unreservedly apologises to the umpires for any distress it may have caused them.

"The club accepts its players are not umpired differently and the umpires do not have "pre-conceived ideas" going into games."

• Like 2

Oh dear Bradfacepalm.gif

Embarrassed' North Melbourne apologises for claims of umpire bias

NORTH Melbourne has unreservedly apologised for coach Brad Scott's statement that Lindsay Thomas was umpired differently to other players because he was a "ducker".

Scott's comments on Friday night prompted the AFL to review all umpire audio from North Melbourne's nine-point loss to Hawthorn at Etihad Stadium.

The Kangaroos were also asked to provide the AFL with further detail about Scott's allegations

After the investigation was completed on Saturday morning, North Melbourne released a statement backtracking on the club's stance.

"The North Melbourne Football Club wishes to withdraw statements made in last night's post match media conference regarding the umpiring," the statement read.

"After discussions with its players and the AFL, it has been established conversations between players and staff in-game, were misconstrued at the time and consequently, relayed incorrectly post-game.

"We understand and accept these alleged comments did not come from any umpire.

"The club is embarrassed by, and accepts full responsibility for, the situation that has unfolded and unreservedly apologises to the umpires for any distress it may have caused them.

"The club accepts its players are not umpired differently and the umpires do not have "pre-conceived ideas" going into games."

Umpires are human and they DEF have pre conceived ideas about players. Barry Hall is just one example of a player who was constantly not given penalties...due in part to his expressed opinions of the umpires on the field to their faces...

As for duckers and players that do it...

It is my opinion the Umpires should have a pre concieved idea about players like this....they have brought it on themsleves, why shouldn't they be treated differently? Basically those players are cheating the system...

• Like 1

Thoughts on the North V Hawks game anyone?

North was the better team for me for 70% of the game... Poor kicking by North and accurate kicking by the Hawks the main difference. You can add another 3 or 4 shots at goal from North that didn't even register a point score.

The hard physical in your face pressure and rankling of the Hawks players had them rattled like I haven't seen for a long while

Brad Scott alleges the Umpires spoke on field about not paying head high frees to Thomas because he is a ducker... they'd have to carry that through to the Geelong game and Selwood wouldn't they?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/north-melbourne-v-hawthorn-brad-scott-questions-afl-umpires-integrity-after-loss-20160617-gpm5d7.html

North have had to apologise for Scott's incorrect accusation against the umpires. It was one of his own players who made the remarks, not an umpire.

North had a sizable advantage in frees on the night and at one stage in the 2nd, were leading the tally 17-4. Yet they were still critical of the umps. They seem to be becoming more Collingwood like with the unjustified whinging.

Didn't see it like that at all Mr Bookman....North played the man and hard they got the results early, Hawks a little rattled but not so much that they ever fell to far behind.

Hawks Played football in the second half while North continued to play the man...a strategic miss calculation by North, if North put that effort into the football they would have won, Hawks know how to win, and with 3 cups under there arm they know there going to be head hunted most weeks, bad kicking for goal is bad football always was and always will be.

The tall dark one absolutely awful fist half but is a star in the making 3rd quarter actually started to get near the ball but that last quarter the pie seller could have won it all on his own, man he's got speed and strength for 7ft tall, they do take a little while to mature but gees North has something to look forward to, though they better start recruiting quickly to capitalise on a guy like that.

The Hawks were more than a little rattled...they were completely shell shocked. At that stage North should have been between 5-8 goals further up.

What the Hawks do soooo well, is they stick to their systems and their training drills in stressful and pressure moments. Their superior footskills come to the fore at those times and as long as they stick to their plan they can force a result if the opposition miss their chances...as North did

Majak Daw must have got a right reaming at half time...he came out a different player and was close to influencing the outcome. If only he had grabbed just 2 of the half dozen marking opportunities near goal he had...

Would have been good to see North being that intensity to the Geelong game

if Sydney beat Melbourne tomorrow, we will have 4 teams on 40 points on the top of the ladder

• Like 1

Ohh!! The poor little miss-understood umpires have said that they are very upset to be criticised for having alleged pre-conceived ideas.

Harden up ya white maggots

Now the roo's have gone into grovel mode, Sickening..

I think I will give an extra effort BOOO when the umpires walk onto Subiaco for the Dockers v Port game this arvo..

Edited by joboss

Interesting game in Brisbane at half time.

Lions leading comfortably in just about all statistics except goals. It seems Kennedy and the Frenchman have actually decided to play footy on a road trip. They've got three goals each.

Brisbane just hit the post from a set shot.

The kicker, his team, and everyone on the ground, and watching world wide, knew it hit the post except the guy whose only job it is to stand underneath and make the call. He decided it was a goal. Didn't even blush when it was overturned. Idiot!

I have a thing about goal umpires and their wrong decisions. They cheated me out of a number of goals when I was a player and there were no reviews then. Balls that clearly went straight through the middle were called points and field umpires didn't overturn their calls. They never seemed to get it wrong the other way around.

I had to front the WAFL Tribunal when a goal umpire reported me for punching my opponent twice. Even the Claremont pansy I hit stated it was only one punch. The goal dick made up the second one! When testifying I asked if he had seen the other guy kicking me and stomping on my foot before I hit him, and why wasn't he reported. Didn't get an answer.

The easiest job on the footy field and the fools get it wrong far too often!

End of rant.

• Like 2

Just checked the stats in the game in Brisbane.

Lions have 100 more possessions, but are down by eight and a half goals.

Something very wrong with their forward setup!

Maybe Lepiesch (sp) needs to go?

difficult to see him there another year... but that's not what they are saying

Brisbane just hit the post from a set shot.

The kicker, his team, and everyone on the ground, and watching world wide, knew it hit the post except the guy whose only job it is to stand underneath and make the call. He decided it was a goal. Didn't even blush when it was overturned. Idiot!

I have a thing about goal umpires and their wrong decisions. They cheated me out of a number of goals when I was a player and there were no reviews then. Balls that clearly went straight through the middle were called points and field umpires didn't overturn their calls. They never seemed to get it wrong the other way around.

I had to front the WAFL Tribunal when a goal umpire reported me for punching my opponent twice. Even the Claremont pansy I hit stated it was only one punch. The goal dick made up the second one! When testifying I asked if he had seen the other guy kicking me and stomping on my foot before I hit him, and why wasn't he reported. Didn't get an answer.

The easiest job on the footy field and the fools get it wrong far too often!

End of rant.

I wouldn't have wanted to play against you mr.....thank god I'm on the other side of the country..

• Like 1

difficult to see him there another year... but that's not what they are saying

Id be very surprised if Brisbane didn't have some thing up there sleeves, the current basket case of the AFL, Mathews 4 time winning coach and a million flags with Hawthorn wouldn't be sitting around watching that crap without putting things into place for a reawakening, stage 1 was keeping players this year which they have stage 2 will be to attract new players which will happen next year, new coach? maybe but he hasn't go t much now....and Mathews certainly would be mentoring the kid....

North are looking as shaky as my tipping.

I doubt they will beat Adelaide away next week and can see them dropping to 6th or 7th by years end.

I think along with WC, they're the 2 weakest teams in the 8.

Dangerfield has just transformed Geelong from being good to very good.

Would have to be premiership favourites at this point in time.

Will be interesting to see how Sydney cope without Tippett who I thought was the best ruckman in

the game before he was injured. Stll think they're top 2.

Adelaide are a real smokey I reckon. Playing great footy and have a good run home.

What's the general feeling on punishment (if any) on Brad Scott?

I reckon $15 000 to $20 000.

Lions are just over possessing the ball.

Haven't got the cattle/skill to play that style of game.

Redden really disappointing again and Jetta thinks tackle is something you go fishing with.

• Like 2

Redden really disappointing again and Jetta thinks tackle is something you go fishing with.

I don't use my tackle for fishing. whistling.gif

• Like 1

I don't use my tackle for fishing. whistling.gif

Bet ya that it stills smells like fish

• Like 2

North are looking as shaky as my tipping.

I doubt they will beat Adelaide away next week and can see them dropping to 6th or 7th by years end.

I think along with WC, they're the 2 weakest teams in the 8.

Dangerfield has just transformed Geelong from being good to very good.

Would have to be premiership favourites at this point in time.

Will be interesting to see how Sydney cope without Tippett who I thought was the best ruckman in

the game before he was injured. Stll think they're top 2.

Adelaide are a real smokey I reckon. Playing great footy and have a good run home.

What's the general feeling on punishment (if any) on Brad Scott?

I reckon $15 000 to $20 000.

I reckon it will be a big fine for Brad and North.... Maybe $20k. Bringing the game into disrepute and slandering the Umpires good name

Can't see North winning this year...They havea few problems, but i have said it before, their ageing bodies/injuries at seasons end will be the biggest

Adelaide, Sydney, Geelong, and Bulldogs are my 4 to watch out for.

Jetta is def suffering some off field issues..mental health of some type. He was hardly trying at times...very poor efforts

Very wet day in Sydney. Swans kicked 6 goals in the last quarter for a 51 point win. They also made 155 tackles for the game. This is a new record for most tackles in a game. Swans now 2nd on the ladder.

Rain rain and more rain for that game. This game and the Gold Coast game havent helped Sydney's percentage too much. What could have been...what could have been.

It was not a bad game to watch considering the conditions. I am not sold on Aliir Aliir yet, but only 2 games in and impossible to say how he will adjust to the Seniors.

Bye comes at a good time for Sydney. Reid and Papley should be fit after the Bye, so a couple more options.

As expected Gawn and Melbourne dominated the Hitouts 66-29, but clearances were even at 92-93, with Sydney leading centre clearances 46-37.

That is good news for Sydney...with Tippet likely to be out for 8 weeks now... Nankervis came in full of energy,bustling, tackling, getting involved...but he aint no Tippet (at this point in time).

Buddy was great in the wet, kicking 4.2. Daw and Hogan were rarely sighted, maybe a nod to the Swans defence.

The game was almost within Melbourne's grasp late into the 3rd Q, but they couldn't take their chances.

Swans have the bye then face Bulldogs, Geelong and Hawks. We'll know where things stand for the Swans after those games.

• Like 1

BM writes "Jetta is def suffering some off field issues..mental health of some type. He was hardly trying at times...very poor efforts"

Never a good idea to take on a player returning home to his extended familys area.

Especially when he has been a star in a winning team. There is too much family pressure to continue to be a star and if not, the effort drops away to blow away in dust.

Maybe Simmo didnt know this, but the Eagles brain trust should have been aware of history.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

Five 5 Tipsters shared the honors this week with a full boot of 6/6. Joboss had the closest margin of the 5!

Joboss

Bigwazz

Chooka

RIpstanley

Radar501

AlexRRR and Myself are still out front on 84 points, with Ron19 snaapping at our heels on 83. We then have 5 tipsters on 82 points.

Its a tight race with 10 Tipsters able to go the front of the pack with a 9/9 on any given full week...Tipsters at 77 and below might need to start considering some left field selections

I dropped to 12th but climbing back up over the last 2 weeks
  • Like 2

Eddie has put his foot in it again. James Brayshaw of North Melbourne hasn't done himself any favours either. I'm not a fan of either one of them.

That's a problem with club heads being part of the media like these two and Kochie. When things go bad from something they say in their media roles, it reflects badly on the club and their brand.

Gillon Mclachlan has come out and 'slammed; them, but 'ol Gil is about as genuine as Tofu Ham.

The three of these clowns should get together in a press conference and see who can wear the most expensive suit and have the most meaningless sound bite.

Basically, Eddie thought it would be a good idea to talk about drowning Journalist Caroline Wilson during a Big Freeze discussion. While it was obviously a poor attempt at humour, it comes across as bullying to most people, and choosing one of the few female journalists who cover AFL, and who wasn't part of the discussion.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/we-cant-let-the-misogynist-banter-of-eddie-mcguire-slip-past-20160619-gpmmyk.html

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-19/afl-slams-eddie-mcguire-james-brayshaw-and-danny-frawley-for-joking-about-drowning-columnist-caroline-wilson

"THE AFL has slammed Triple M radio trio Eddie McGuire, James Brayshaw and Danny Frawley for joking about 'drowning' journalist Caroline Wilson, saying the jibe was "clearly inappropriate".

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan told all three on Sunday night that the language used could be seen to encourage violence against women and would not be tolerated.

All Australian selector Frawley apologised on Sunday night for his role in the discussion. Collingwood president McGuire and his North Melbourne counterpart Brayshaw are expected to address their comments publicly on Monday.

Ahead of the Big Freeze at the 'G fundraiser at the MCG on Queen's Birthday, McGuire began an on-air discussion, involving Brayshaw and Frawley, that raised the prospect of paying $50,000 to see Wilson held under water while others jumped into the pool to "bomb" her.

Before McGuire slid into the pool of icy water as part of the event, which raised more than $4 million for motor neurone disease research, he said: "I reckon we should start the campaign for a one-person slide next year - Caroline Wilson.

"And I'll put in 10 grand straight away, make it 20. And if she stays under, 50. What do you reckon guys?"

Brayshaw agreed, as did Frawley, who said: "I'll actually jump in and make sure she doesn't — I'll hold her under, Ed."

McLachlan said in a statement on Sunday night that he had only become aware of the discussion that day, and moved quickly to speak to the trio."

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1