Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Word on the Soi is that Hogan's manager has arrived in Perth to speak to Jesse.

Apparently his dad is in ill health and he's going to tell Melbourne this week he wants to come home.

Word is he will nominate Freo which is a bit cheeky if true.

Watch this space.

I have been saying Freo all year for Hogan...

Hogan (still contracted to Melb)
McCarthy (still contracted to GWS)

harley Bennell

3 mentally fragile but sometimes classy players...all of who can kick goals.

Shame that Freo will be losing half of the remainder of their players including Fyfe...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The week off/bye is always a had one to evaluate I reckon.

Usually if the side without the break loses, they say they were exhausted and if they win they say, we needed to keep playing for our momentum.

And same for the side with the break. If win, it freshened us up and if lose, we lost all momentum.

Now this has some interesting permutations..

if Sydney and Doggies both make the GF , you would have 2 teams of equal tiredness.

Same for a GWS v Geelong final... 2 teams with the break.

I just feel that both Sydney and the Doggies right now, would prefer the momentum they have

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

I have been saying Freo all year for Hogan...

Hogan (still contracted to Melb)
McCarthy (still contracted to GWS)

harley Bennell

3 mentally fragile but sometimes classy players...all of who can kick goals.

Shame that Freo will be losing half of the remainder of their players including Fyfe...

Hogan?

To quote Mr Loaf

Edited by Will27

59 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Now this has some interesting permutations..

if Sydney and Doggies both make the GF , you would have 2 teams of equal tiredness.

Same for a GWS v Geelong final... 2 teams with the break.

I just feel that both Sydney and the Doggies right now, would prefer the momentum they have

Yes, but if you beat GWS in the first final, you would be feeling fresh and still have Rohan and McVie available.

I think the break definitely helps if you have to travel interstate.

It helped the Bulldogs not having to travel to Perth twice in 1 week, that's for sure.

I think Sydney are better placed to beat the WB due to your awesome midfield.

I reckon GWS can get you on the outside if they can break even with your midfield.

Guess you have to get there first.

Chris Judge tiene un punto.....top 4 clubs shouldn't be able to take free agents with out at least a trade being done, Swans and Hawks have been able to top up there lists with exceptional in the Swans case and very good in the Hawks case....

Hogan...bla bla bla if he goes he goes its a pretty piss poor excuse dad is sick...Professional footballer fooie....you know pop is just a 4 hr plane ride away... its not like were still in the  horse and buggy era...

And on that note i think the AFL should actually do something to protect clubs from loosing young players they dont want to loose...its fine when a Dangerfield does his time at the Crows then packs up and goes home, the exodus out of Brisbane and to a lesser extent Suns and Gaints is merdia, I'm pretty sure the Dee's wouldn't want to loose him but it wont be the end of the world and as long as who ever coughed up a round 1 draft pick and possible player the game will go on....Scott Thompson of the Crows was i think a round one pick for us he stayed 2 years tops then was traded for no one back home....i was seething was obvious he was a class player....dont know where i heard it but it was mentioned a return was possible....unless Goodwin has something to do with it ex playing mates and all he can stay there...

Ho and one last thing on Hogan.....Sam Weideman would fill the spot beautiful at least he has got good body language and a decent looking run up kicking for goal...

And of lesser importance the Dee's VFL side pulled apart last years grand final winner where my mate plays, I'm sure he didn't see that coming.....Casey play the Scrays in the GF next sunday.

Hawk Breust with 3 premierships tucked under his arm and 271 goals from 140 games is being put up as trade bait to lure Jaeger O'Meara from the Suns.

And you BOOKMAN were trying to piss me off early in the season over Hogan so blah blah blah to you too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Chris Judge tiene un punto.....top 4 clubs shouldn't be able to take free agents with out at least a trade being done, Swans and Hawks have been able to top up there lists with exceptional in the Swans case and very good in the Hawks case....

Hogan...bla bla bla if he goes he goes its a pretty piss poor excuse dad is sick...Professional footballer fooie....you know pop is just a 4 hr plane ride away... its not like were still in the  horse and buggy era...

And on that note i think the AFL should actually do something to protect clubs from loosing young players they dont want to loose...its fine when a Dangerfield does his time at the Crows then packs up and goes home, the exodus out of Brisbane and to a lesser extent Suns and Gaints is merdia, I'm pretty sure the Dee's wouldn't want to loose him but it wont be the end of the world and as long as who ever coughed up a round 1 draft pick and possible player the game will go on....Scott Thompson of the Crows was i think a round one pick for us he stayed 2 years tops then was traded for no one back home....i was seething was obvious he was a class player....dont know where i heard it but it was mentioned a return was possible....unless Goodwin has something to do with it ex playing mates and all he can stay there...

Ho and one last thing on Hogan.....Sam Weideman would fill the spot beautiful at least he has got good body language and a decent looking run up kicking for goal...

And of lesser importance the Dee's VFL side pulled apart last years grand final winner where my mate plays, I'm sure he didn't see that coming.....Casey play the Scrays in the GF next sunday.

Hawk Breust with 3 premierships tucked under his arm and 271 goals from 140 games is being put up as trade bait to lure Jaeger O'Meara from the Suns.

And you BOOKMAN were trying to piss me off early in the season over Hogan so blah blah blah to you too

You can have McCartin for free.

Thanks Mr Chooks i will keep it in mind, and you and the gang here should know...this crapola over a possible Hogan move home is just that for <deleted>'s sake this is the modern world were with social media its like your right there i mean with the bikkies he is on he cant afford a new iPhone 7 or if he's into a Samsung galaxy edge? He could buy pop 5 so he's got one in the dunny and the bathroom one at the hospital etc etc....

Home sick....the cat is dieing....all the crap they come up with...professional my ass....

Im in a mood this morning lucky i started my strong coffee as i began to post....its pushed the cobwebs from lack of sleep to one side and i can see the keyboard now....

Mate hasn't he heard of an iPad? call the phone it comes up on your tablet and mac now....ho Western Aussie boy maybe he's use to playing in the sand dunes or collecting uranium up there in the hills....whats that you say? i hear you....no....pussy's play down at Kadina park for the love of pete...oh just thought of it he might be gay yes thats it....gay....have to be gay..its the only excuse....professional footballer my god what is the world coming too....

Good news on the injury front coming from the sois of Bondi...

Rohan may have just copped a corky in the knee whilst McVeigh has just realised he's getting on in years, if both get through Wednesday's run they'll be playing...

The news for Future Brownlow Medal Winner and Rising Star Callum Mills isn't as promising with Mills given "little to no chance" of being fit for the prelim. He was out running on the SCG this morning, so maybe "little to no chance" is the new "sure thing" :P

Cinderella, like Humpty Dumpty and Captain America, will train on Wednesday and if he gets through he plays.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Harsh on Hogan methinks.

True we've seen players wanting to go home for homesickness, but if you've got an ailing parent, that would seem to me to be a legitimate reason

to want to go home and be with them.

Being a 4 hour plane trip and able to talk on the phone doesn't cut it IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Rohan may have just copped a corky in the knee whilst McVeigh has just realised he's getting on in years, if both get through Wednesday's run they'll be playing...

The news for Future Brownlow Medal Winner and Rising Star Callum Mills isn't as promising with Mills given "little to no chance" of being fit for the prelim. He was out running on the SCG this morning, so maybe "little to no chance" is the new "sure thing" :P

Cinderella, like Humpty Dumpty and Captain America, will train on Wednesday and if he gets through he plays.

I doubt Rohan and McVeigh will play this weekend but both could be a sneaky if they make the GF.

Nothing new here.

Ed once again getting overly sensitive about Collingwood.

Eddie McGuire hits back at Alastair Clarkson declaring Hawks’ three-peat better than Pies’ four-peat

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/eddie-mcguire-hits-back-at-alastair-clarkson-declaring-hawks-threepeat-better-than-pies-fourpeat/news-story/6ae534301a431e92e07840843c5c13c2

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

Good about Rohan and McVeigh....Mcveigh i can take or leave really.

I hope Tippet is in...hoping hoping..

Harsh on Hogan....WILL from the WEST....says...to many find excuses to run home....pop will be out of his wheel chair 10 min after his plane lands after Dee's clear him him....try this WILL....one of them uranium rich clubs over there have offered 10 million for 5 years instead of Melbournes 5 million for 5 years plus a chair on the board at 250,000 a year after retirement on some mining co board lets not forget the pearl handle steak knifes and a job for dad on a cool 300,000 a year somewhere hidden in the paper work...

He will he offered an Audi to drive as an ambassador for Audi throw in the rocket fuel, 2 airline tickets and accommodation for 2 weeks in Aspen at xmas, they even will find him a girl friend of his choice if he hasn't got one...

Bullocks pure bullocks......fooie fooie Freo better hand over Fyth for him thats all i can say...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Luke Bruest to Gold Coat??  Hawks must be trying to shed money to fit Tommy Tradebait in there as well..

What we know is...SOmeone....apparently the Hawks have offered Tommy a lot more money than Sydney can match..

The question is How?  All of their senior players must be on the same coin as a rookie now...

Alex...I said Hogan wanted to move to WA early season....was i wrong or was i right?

You were baiting me so much speculation going on from press  filler at the time kid....pop only got sick when one of them west clubs doubled the Dees offer....

And dont start me on this merdia today...we want Fyth.....or Kennedy if its WCE plus a first round pic a set of diamond handled cutlery set for the long room and there silent backers can provide the Dee's with there own private jet for the duration of Hogans contract at said club....

This is the Chris Judd article on free agency

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/chris-judd--its-time-the-top-four-clubs-are-no-longer-allowed-to-attract-free-agents-20160918-griyvc.html

I can see a case of a club pushing for better compensation for an experienced player...as the clubs are in a draft system to begin with, the free agent has turned into an anomaly...suddenly a valuable asset u have built up decides to leave and you  receive little compo.

ANyway..its a complicated situation and i cant do it justice here in a few [paragraphs....

24 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

You were baiting me so much speculation going on from press  filler at the time kid....pop only got sick when one of them west clubs doubled the Dees offer....

And dont start me on this merdia today...we want Fyth.....or Kennedy if its WCE plus a first round pic a set of diamond handled cutlery set for the long room and there silent backers can provide the Dee's with there own private jet for the duration of Hogans contract at said club....

So you agree i was right....that Hogan DID want to go back to WA?...I seem to remember a time off surf trip he took there....not that he met with any other clubs of course!  oh no!!!  never!!!!

Why would u want Kennedy for Hogan?? That's a lousy trade.

Fyfe...he would not be interested in Melbourne....He is looking for a team he can win a premiership at...Gold Coast is  a chance, IMO

17 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Luke Bruest to Gold Coat??  Hawks must be trying to shed money to fit Tommy Tradebait in there as well..

What we know is...SOmeone....apparently the Hawks have offered Tommy a lot more money than Sydney can match..

The question is How?  All of their senior players must be on the same coin as a rookie now...

Alex...I said Hogan wanted to move to WA early season....was i wrong or was i right?

Its well known kid players will take less to be in a top club that are realisticly premiership contenders, few have deserted the Swans or the Hawks and no one wanted to leave Freo when they were flying high...the drain is from the lower clubs...

5 minutes ago, BookMan said:

So you agree i was right....that Hogan DID want to go back to WA?...I seem to remember a time off surf trip he took there....not that he met with any other clubs of course!  oh no!!!  never!!!!

Why would u want Kennedy for Hogan?? That's a lousy trade.

Fyfe...he would not be interested in Melbourne....He is looking for a team he can win a premiership at...Gold Coast is  a chance, IMO

He hasnt gone its all speculation but if he were to go the buffalo getting sick wasn't on the cards until recently, you were just stirring me up unless your new TGF had a dream......

10 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

He hasnt gone its all speculation but if he were to go the buffalo getting sick wasn't on the cards until recently, you were just stirring me up unless your new TGF had a dream......

I made a logical conclusion based on a host of peripheral data

• Like 1

David Schwarz says loss of Jesse Hogan won't be as 'catastrophic' as first thought

• 42 reading now

Get free Demons news alerts sent to your mobile phone. Click here

Melbourne great David Schwarz says the potential defection of Jesse Hogan would not be "as catastrophic" now as it would have been last year.

Play
0:01
/
2:30

Fullscreen
Captions
Mute

MORE SPORT VIDEOS

Previous slideNext slide
null

AFL plays of the finals: week two

null

The greatest of finals heroes

null

Swans overcome Crows to make prelim

null

Eddie Betts: Good times and bad

null

Brad Hardie on the future for Peter Sumich

null

Scott Lycett may miss 2017 season 

null

FootyFix: Will Hawks and Swans bounce back?

AFL plays of the finals: week two

Bontempelli, Stringer and Co run all over the reigning premiers as Hawthorn go out in straight sets while the Swans avoid that fate as they muscle past Adelaide at the SCG.

Hogan is contracted to the end of next season, with the West Coast Eagles confirming on the weekend they had approached his management about luring the power forward home. The Dockers have also made their intentions clear.

The Demons are keen for Hogan to accept a contract extension this summer but he may prefer to assess his options next year, as most clubs would be interested in luring a young forward yet to enter his prime.

Staying or going? Jesse Hogan. Staying or going? Jesse Hogan. Photo: Getty Images

Schwarz said he did not believe Hogan, 22 in February, wanted to return home, and the Demons had offered three different contracts for him to consider - extensions of two, three or four years. Industry speculation is that he is likely to command about $1 million per season.

"I think that Melbourne were, this time last year, much more insecure than they are now. They were insecure because there were a lot of real unknowns about what sort of performance he would deliver, and he was holding all the cards," Schwarz said.

Advertisement
"I think this year they have got a good relationship, they have been working really well together, there has been open and constant dialogue through the process. Maybe his footy didn't develop like they (had hoped) but the other thing that has happened to Melbourne is, they have developed other players. They are not as reliant upon one bloke as they were - Jack Watts has found some form, (Sam) Weideman has come on."

Hogan is enjoying his annual holiday with family and friends in Perth.

He led the Demons' goal-kicking with 41 this season (44 last year), managing only three goals in the final six rounds - including being held goalless three times. He had a season-high seven against St Kilda in round six, and is considered a "franchise" player.

"I am not saying this going to happen but if they happen to lose him, it's not as catastrophic as what it would have been this time last year," Schwarz said on SEN.

"Yes, you lose a bit of hope, yes, you lose someone who is well and truly in their plans going forward, but at what cost? What can Melbourne afford? What can other clubs afford? If you are going to get him out of there, you are going to pay 20 per cent more than what Melbourne will be able to retain him at."

Schwarz said if the Demons knew now that Hogan wanted out, they would be wise to seek an immediate trade. Hogan would be worth at least a first-round draft pick or the Demons could consider a young, talented player in return.

"Being under contract gives you (Demons) more leverage. If you are certain that is happening, you would try and do that now," Schwarz said.

"If you are certain that he is going to say, you just ride that through and you keep the dialogue open and you make that signing and decision.

"I don't know if it's reluctance (why he hasn't signed) - I think it's meeting where they need to find that common ground. If they can't meet his demands and he is getting offers that are ludicrous - see you later.

"Melbourne have to make that decision and they are making the decision on behalf of the club and not the individual. That's where it is really important.

"No doubt, Melbourne people and Melbourne want to keep Jesse Hogan. He is a fantastic player and he is a very unique talent."

Hogan wants to play in a team that will enjoy consistent finals success. The Demons may be in the best position to deliver this, for they were on the cusp of returning to the finals this year. The Eagles were thumped in an elimination final while the Dockers have begun to strip back their list, having won only four matches this year. 

Paul Roos, who recently stepped down as Melbourne coach, expressed confidence on Friday Hogan would remain with the club.

READ THE LAST LINE.................and my mate David would have an ear at the club.......FILLER time, only 4 teams still active.....

Sheedy takes aim................they forget the Gaints have cleared 20 players back to other clubs, the quick rise has many not happy.............i think after the debacle of the Brisbane Bears and to a lesser extent the WCE the powers got it right.

Port take Brendon Lade as ruck coach after 7 seasons at the Tigers, has to be connections as being a Tigers assistant wont have people breaking down your front door to offer you a job..

Hogans new iPhone 7 has been opened up to show a bigger battery and some gizmo called Taptic engine which has also grown in size....the new phone push button isn't a push button but looks like a push button apparently this gizmo does the job of the push button like you press it as if its a push button but it dont push down....its just sensitive to your touch when you push down...confusing? iFixit experts that took apart Hogans phone describe the Taptic engine like this "also known as the thing that makes it feel like your pressing a button even when your not"....When Jess's new multi million dollar contract is signed i believe he will visit the Apple's Doncaster shopping town store and order up a load of goodies for the family with the devices all having Line installed so alining pop is just a vid call away.....

Surprising developments at the Bombers Jobe has yet not singled his intensions of playing on...wonder what he has up his sleeves......last reports said he still was in negotiations and the final player to be offered a swag of money for his year out...which is on top of his salary....

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Harsh on Hogan....WILL from the WEST....says...to many find excuses to run home....pop will be out of his wheel chair 10 min after his plane lands after Dee's clear him him....try this WILL....one of them uranium rich clubs over there have offered 10 million for 5 years instead of Melbournes 5 million for 5 years plus a chair on the board at 250,000 a year after retirement on some mining co board lets not forget the pearl handle steak knifes and a job for dad on a cool 300,000 a year somewhere hidden in the paper work...

He will he offered an Audi to drive as an ambassador for Audi throw in the rocket fuel, 2 airline tickets and accommodation for 2 weeks in Aspen at xmas, they even will find him a girl friend of his choice if he hasn't got one...

Bullocks pure bullocks......fooie fooie Freo better hand over Fyth for him thats all i can say...

Fyth is better than hogan so you wont get him.  Pick someone else and the saints will top it up with mccartin.  Geez we cant give him away even with free deliver and all medical costs covered.  If you take mccartin we will throw in freeman and Carlyle 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Just wait till some of these back room hawthorn deals come to light...

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Fyth is better than hogan so you wont get him.  Pick someone else and the saints will top it up with mccartin.  Geez we cant give him away even with free deliver and all medical costs covered.  If you take mccartin we will throw in freeman and Carlyle 

I'm expecting McCartin to be one full forward St Kilda will keep for the duration of his very long career

• Like 1