Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

30 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Well Trend Setters

A tough round of tipping this week with a few upsets.

Mr Smith continued his good for with 7 and maintains

his 2 win buffer.

AlexRRR and myself were the other 2 that tipped 7 with myself

being closest to the margin.

Well done Will. Great to get an early win. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Think Tom Mitchell will be coming in this week,time to spend on a capitan.:smile:

No No No..play the kids.....

Looking at the upper range of mids available most are running hot and cold ....rather strange after 3 rounds, i will put my mula on a young fella....plenty of time to pop Mitchell in....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Well Trend Setters

A tough round of tipping this week with a few upsets.

Mr Smith continued his good for with 7 and maintains

his 2 win buffer.

AlexRRR and myself were the other 2 that tipped 7 with myself

being closest to the margin.

My dart board came in handy this week....i of course was bleeding on  Essendon....i mean how could that be? i even watched the second half....they were more off than than old vegetables at the Vic market...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Thanks fellas, knew I should’ve changed me Friday night tip, bloody Blues, useless! Lucked out switching me Tigers tip as well and I honestly felt the Giants were going to roll the boys last night but I’m bloody glad to see Sam Reid back in the side so bloody McVeigh stops getting all doe eyed over Buddy every time he gets the ball heading towards the forward 50.

Don’t think too many would’ve seen the Dogs getting up over the Bombers

FJ.. I’ve just lucked out on a couple of rookies paying off.. If you look at who’s on top of the whole fantasy league, I’m well off the pace. Scary.

If you don’t have Tom Mitchell in your side now, you should stop thinking about it and do it. At the rate he’s going he’ll be worth a million before the bye. Disappointed that Dusty had his worst day out in a while. Couple of other headaches that’ll helpfully sort themselves out.

Alex - how long’s your mate going to persist before dumping Lever for spell? I’ll be dumping him from my squad after carrying him for 3 rounds.

Wholesale changes are also required at the Saints and I’ll be giving Billings his marching orders as well. Heard McCartin, along with his penchant for concussions has plenty of other health issues that are slowing his progression. 

Leaver put in a fairy good game this weekend even if he didnt score to well...Dee's are not the Crows were not blessed with some top defenders, Hibbert has been nothing like last year, he's dropped 83,000 in value in fantasy i think Leaver is to expensive for his average score dropping 46k. In fact in 3 weeks only 1 Melbourne defender has gained any value that was Wagner this week....Scary...

Clubs will begin to tag Mitchel, makes sense, Oliver was Tagged this week for the first time dropping 1 grand in value, 114, 125 and this week 88 he spend about half the game in the forward line to break his tag the moment back on the ball so was his tag.....

18 disposals, 7 marks and a goal - all at 88.9% disposal efficiency.

No reason  to keep that dud McCartin as Nick Coffield has already proven after just one game he is a far more skilled and accomplished footballer.  Only a pick 8 not a number 1 but former Northern Nights captain and all Australian.  Far better 1st up games than a couple of previous saints gems in Lenny Hayes and Nick Riewoldt.

30221491_10155850346863183_2747231386564820992_o.jpg

Saints fans and members are calling for the heads of MCCARTIN and RICHARDSON.  The lynch mob is assembled and there are calls to get the band back together as a coaching team.  Lenny Hayes as head coach with Dal Santo, Harvey and Burke as assistants.

'DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR: HIRE LENNY HAYES AS COACH'

BY SEN 12 HOURS AGO

Lenny_Hayes.jpg

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

Saints fans and members are calling for the heads of MCCARTIN and RICHARDSON.  The lynch mob is assembled and there are calls to get the band back together as a coaching team.  Lenny Hayes as head coach with Dal Santo, Harvey and Burke as assistants.

BY SEN 12 HOURS AGO

Lenny_Hayes.jpg

The water pistols and 1 super soaker will be delivered after Sorghum to the Niddrie watch house will be put to good use by menacing Saints fans....Unfortunately they will not be able to get Lenny installed as coach...no god dam experience plus the sex scandal a few years ago which other team supporters have not forgotten about ....though we can rest assured the next pathetic performance no player will leave the ground dry....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

BY SEN 12 HOURS AGO

Lenny_Hayes.jpg

Not sure if You've watched On the Couch this week Chooks but the panel murdered your board.

This was the strategy from 2014:

Play finals by 2017 - nope

Make top 4 by 2018 - not looking likely

50 000 members - no and

land a big fish - no

Add the fact that they gave Richo another 2 years.

The fans should be venting their anger at the board methinks.

• Like 1

I thunk that's Paddy McCartin photobombing the picture of Nick Coffield above.   With all of those nasty concussions, it's not only his vision which is blurred, it's his whole body.

Soooo, how about two straight swaps Chooks??  

1. Brendan Bolton for Alan Richardson.  At least Richo has played a few games of AFL in his time.   

2. Jack Silvagni for Paddy Mc.   SOSOS is as hard as a marshmallow at the ball, so he will never get knocked out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Radar501 said:

I thunk that's Paddy McCartin photobombing the picture of Nick Coffield above.   With all of those nasty concussions, it's not only his vision which is blurred, it's his whole body.

1. Brendan Bolton for Alan Richardson.  At least Richo has played a few games of AFL in his time.   

2. Jack Silvagni for Paddy Mc.   SOSOS is as hard as a marshmallow at the ball, so he will never get knocked out.

Awwwww....Your being hard on Bolton....Jack S I would say when I watched the first game of the season not even @ VFL level, but them bigger boys do take a while to mature, just look at magic Daw...ho and Cam Pederson....never was a wrap for the old man though in that dark space back in the memory pond I do recall grandad and he was a machine......

Richo may save is ass when they at some point get a run on and they will, 3 major injuries this week, expect the Cats @ pussy land to pee all over them this week.

Grant had me checking up on Leaver in fantasy the other evening...the alarming thing is not one Demon defender well just one and it was last week in Wagner actually went up in value $1000, the rest are on the highway to hell...going down the tube so to speak.....so I'm wondering how did we get to win 2 games....

6 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Done, do you take C.O.D, oh forget it, where is your bin we'll just sit paddy on top

• Haha 1

Yes I know I have been hanging it on that dud McCartin for 4 years, so called number 1 pick.  Seriously who thinks the maggot after 21 games in 3 and a half seasons will be a place or the next Riewoldt.   Nick played round 2 of his 1st season and never looked back.  Was captain of the saints where Paddy the turd is now.

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

A kick in the arse for non-Victorian clubs.

GF at MCG until 2057 as part of $500m mega-deal

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-12/gf-at-mcg-until-2057-as-part-of-500m-megadeal

The grand final is one of the largest sporting events on the calendar and generates mega millions into the local economy.  The state government has just made a $200m plus investment like they do with melb cup, aust open, grand prix, motto G.P etc.  Other state governments need the same commitment and the willingness to invest also build a major stadium on the scale of the MCG might help also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Thechook said:

The grand final is one of the largest sporting events on the calendar and generates mega millions into the local economy.  The state government has just made a $200m plus investment like they do with melb cup, aust open, grand prix, motto G.P etc.  Other state governments need the same commitment and the willingness to invest also build a major stadium on the scale of the MCG might help also.

No state government is going to build a stadium for a 100 000 capacity that will be filled once a year.

Let's be honest, it wouldn't matter if other states had a ground with that capacity anyway.

Everyone knows it's not a true national comp.

• Like 1

Friday Funnies....

Crows vs Pies....silly as it may seem the 4 and 20's are primed for a win here in unfashionable Adelaide....Bucks has them firing on all 3 pistons....The Magpies are the most dangerous when they look like crap...you have been warned....They will also appear in there away strip with is almost identical to there home strip so unless your a Pie fan you wouldn't even notice....

Gaints vs Freo, at home what can go wrong you ask? A lot I say...there a sneaky lot there at the docks....they step up when everyone doesn't give em a chance...warning warning WILL Robinson....I mean you wouldn't for your life put your money on ex Chooka's coach of the year in Ross the Boss pulling it off....but mark my words its not a forgone conclusion...the safest bet is money each way...

Hardwicks boys vs Lions....@ the G and the wheels still rolling Along just fine, the mailise hasn't hit just yet, we have been having a great autumn here in the big Vic, plenty of sunshine the Lions will think there still on vacation while the Tigers will think its still September no upset here.....but its coming....coming soon near a AFL ground near you...

Dogs vs the Swans....what a time to find your feet after a premiership hangover that lasted 1 year and 2 weeks....Dogs will feel and love the idea there the underdogs on the other hand the Swans will think they can put them to rest with Planetman Franklin, should be the type of contest both clubs excel at....line ball here and home ground might just be the key....No Boyd...he earnt his swillions on GF day 2016 playing now in the VFL till his contract is up....then its either off to the Saints...or one of them West Aussie teams short of big men.....

Fj's boys vs The Blues....North ran the Demons torrid for 3 quarters and the soon to be Dee in Ben Brown could b e the key too this game....but warning warning WILL Robinson....the Blues are better than they seem...couple of merda games ....they have some class and young teams do do what the Blues have done, to pick the winner you use a double headed coin...your call tails  Fj....

Eagles vs Suns....the honeymoon is over for the red and gold....Nic is back and in my fantasy team gaining $$$ every game, Weagles don't loose often at home, but if your a betting man put a $100 on the Suns you might make some $$$

Woooooooooshers Boys vs Port Mercenaries.....dont think the Bombers could be so god damm awful 2 weeks in a row and there also another team that knows how to step up when all is going against them, on the other hand the Power is all 12 pistons and 8 speed in gear...sure there an old Jag that will start getting oil leaks and sticky valves but that will be later in the season....at home the Dons will take it all the way up to them and possibly could roll J Watts new team...im tipping an upset here.....who am I upsetting? watch for replys....

Hawks vs Demons.....Awwww what I time to face Alister's boys, this is a test for both teams...the Hawks are they going down or rebounding? the Dee's are they on the climb or pretenders? Dee's have a smart forward set up multi pronged midfield....Mitchell will get tagged by one of the best in Bernie Vince...Vince can be a damaging player his own right....I kinda preferred him as a forward mid, has a long raking kick and knows where the big sticks are, Roos switched him to a backman mid stopper, Mitchell's influence will be pinned, Dee's top of the pops for inside 50 though have a shaky defence so far, who to go for? wheres that double headed coin fj?

Purr's vs Saints.....Minced Saints come Sunday evening, Cats not so hot Saints not even warm....imagine a 20 goal belting....minus 5 add 2 dived by 3 multiply by 5 ......get the idea Richo has hired a armoured limousine to get to and from the game....Sim salsa bin laden.....

• Like 2

On the Fantasy front....and I wasn't going to report on it this year....but I'm waiting for a delivery and have nothing to do....

The grudge match sees last years 1st play 4th...who neither went all the way I might add....took Fj about one third of the season to get going but when he did he was stuck at 4th for the rest of the year.....Well Fj I'm giving this game to you on a platter as I expect to get you in the finals where I will make mince meat of you....swapped a couple of underperforming over priced mids for a couple in reverse if you know what I mean,  you will need 1800 points to beat me shouldn't be to hard for a coach that almost got the North job but ended up with a case of JW Red.....

Grant gets this week freeby, and more than likely go top of the charts..

Chooka is at home to RIP...and still has that poker dot dress he wore last weekend...Looking somewhat like the Saints going down the highway to hell, Rip won't have any problem dealing with the girls...

• Haha 1

I honestly hope to see the 2058 GF go interstate. although I may have lost interest in the game by then.

Carlton FC will have re-located to Mogadishu.

Minimum of six females required to be selected in each team

To reduce injuries and the avalanche of civil claims, the game will be like touch football.

The big white elephant currently known as The Perth Optus Stadium will have long been demolished.

The AFL will hold an exhibition match each season at the Martian suburb of Trumpville.

Sam Newman will still be dropping filthy one-liners on The Footy Show.

Any more predictions fellas.....?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1