Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On 7/30/2018 at 10:30 AM, farmerjo said:

Back for a couple of weeks so will give Alex a hand with the fantasy wrap.

This week saw FJ 2305 overcome the DD's 2150

GA's cruise past NN's 896

And CCS's  1980 beat Rip's boys 1808

Two rounds left before the finals so there may be some busy trading trying to eek out every last dollar.

The ladder looks set at this stage.

Next week's draw is 

FJ V NN

DD V Rip

GA V CCS

You were very lucky Fj......only 2 of my players played above expectations a couple on the other 14 10% at least below averages ...mid's was 120 points alone down though Cripps picked up 50 of that to make it 70 points off average...def broke even rucks broke even and forwards 70 points down, so thats 140....and would have been a nail biter lucky you.... I like to take this opportunity to inform you since your "comfortably numb" one no one not even me ever won the flag from being number one....me last year optus the year before and Chookie the first year....no TV member has won from number 1.....im sure your not worried about the zombie curse that resides in your spirt house in the front garden Ho you dont have one you say, the mrs had one installed on one of your extended sojourns its small and since ur half blind and all wouldn't have noticed walking up the path....But we wish you the best...no kiss of death from us here in TV...

• Haha 1

Being on top- does have some advantages like playing NN's this week so a full money grab

By 1st week of finals will have a war chest of 500K to tinker with the final spots in the team.

The last two years i've been knocked out in the games prior to the Gf but have scored better than the winners

the following week so that's the hurdle i'm concentrating on.

With the end of season bye that should enable players to complete the home and away rounds without being managed.

The big one will be if anyone has the jatz crackers to anticipate replacing Mitchell as Capitano.

16 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Being on top- does have some advantages like playing NN's this week so a full money grab

By 1st week of finals will have a war chest of 500K to tinker with the final spots in the team.

The last two years i've been knocked out in the games prior to the Gf but have scored better than the winners

the following week so that's the hurdle i'm concentrating on.

With the end of season bye that should enable players to complete the home and away rounds without being managed.

The big one will be if anyone has the jatz crackers to anticipate replacing Mitchell as Capitano.

Sorry to burst ur happy bubble fella i can easily muster up a Million big ones to spend the next 3 weeks the trouble is picking the winners, my goal all year was to make money first winning was secondary as its sudden death once your in the finals, again coming to the end of season very little is between the top 4 teams and its on the day like you had a good day and i had an off day, its on the day, we will most likely be against each other week 1 of the finals.....as im not going to go up and your not going down and Grant will be sure he wont want the curse....

I suggest you get out and look for the spirt house as the Zombie curse is real....

• Like 1

Its return of the forgotten men this round....Nathan Freeman for the Saints and there got nothing to loose now, comes with good pedigree....picked up by the Pies @ pick 10 in the 2013 draft never played a game then offloaded to the Saints in the 2015 off season ( and every one knows how astute the saints are at picking the pick of the litter) for a few dozen hamburger buns and a 5 bottles of tomato sauce for end of season party at Sandringham beach.

Alex Johnson Swans last game was GF 2012, 6 years later he is in the team, 5 knee reconstructions and a total of 12 knee operations......well he's earned his pay from the Bloods...

Then there is Aaron VandenBerg for the Demons, was a mature age recruit to start with and still only 26 and built like an NFL Tight End shoulders so wide he looks like a boeing jet rushing down the runway, missed getting drafted so headed to the NEAFL.....Ainsley FC came a calling so to the capital he went won 2 best and fairest and picked twice in the NEAFL team off the year, Dee's swooped with the 2cd pick of the rookie draft in 2015, made his debut in the opening round of the same year and never looked back......was an outstanding first year player that seems so long ago, never played a game in 2017 and i was sure he would be delisted end of this season due to he spends a lot of time in sick bay during his time with us...BUT the Dee's think highly of this guy both an inside and outside Midfielder cum forward very good at the contest and a super strong tackler will kick a few goals per game and put the fear of death into defenders hearts...Dee's think so much of this guy he goes straight into the 18 picked on a half forward flank for his first game in 2 years in the AFL.....

• Like 2

Plenty of each way bets to be had this week fellas with a couple of derby's in Adelaide and Perth that could go either way.

Probably only 2 game you could lock in for a win, Dees running over the top of the Suns but even then, given all the tough talk about Lynch moving on next year might have them fired up ?, the other being the Giants waltzing home over the Blues.

The rest, as the French would say, bonne chance mes amis..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Plenty of each way bets to be had this week fellas with a couple of derby's in Adelaide and Perth that could go either way.

Probably only 2 game you could lock in for a win, Dees running over the top of the Suns but even then, given all the tough talk about Lynch moving on next year might have them fired up ?, the other being the Giants waltzing home over the Blues.

The rest, as the French would say, bonne chance mes amis..

I just hope your boys can do WC a favour by beating Collingwood.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I just hope your boys can do WC a favour by beating Collingwood.

It'll be a big ask this week, but the injection of Alex Johnson, might just be the catalyst for us to put in a big time performance worthy of such a great comeback story!

• Like 1

Funny game last night,Tigers in control all night other than 3 or 4 bursts that nearly got the Cats home.

I must say with all the talk of the rule changes,the only one i'm seeing is the Ruck nomination.

The tigers style of knocking the ball out of congestion to keep the play flowing is entertaining to watch and suits their smaller running players to a T.Wish a few more sides would take it up.

Will say it again this week(as it worked last week?)Dday for my Kangaroos at the Gabba,have had the wood on them for a long time now but 4 quarters of good footy is still required.Nice to see Waite back.

So while everyone will be glued to the Bombers v Hawks and the Showdown,one punter will be barricking for the blue and white.? 

• Like 2

I love the excitement of the scrap. Last night was great. I don't want to see a game of long kicks and 300 easy kick goals.  Leave the game as it is. Jack sets the standard for the tap on pass. A lot of players try to take possession first then get tackled. Both teams top play.  Abblet 9 out of ten would have scored that last one.  Looking forward to swans v pies later today.  Enjoy the scraps chaps

• Like 1

And thats the problem with the pussys....they play in spurts, they can dwindle a lead of 40 points in half a quarter, bas*****s got lucky with us due to our inexperience in big games, topping up with expensive players hasn't worked for them or the Hawks as well as the Swans, Clarko is desperate for a final swansong by coming-out and saying he is interested in Lynch, he can go there in the end the top 4 or 5 are making all the bikkies the rest are on struggle street salary wise and will continue too hover mid table while clubs like WCE Demons and the Pies play free agency like it was meant to be played...

• Like 1

In regards to a score review.

I often hear commentators say.  There must be no doubt to overturn the call.  But I don't think that's what the people up stairs have been instructed to do. If they are pretty sure seems to be good enough reason to change the score. 

51 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Happy to have sacrificed my tip for the boys getting one over the Pies.

I'm glad your boys did us a favour.

I thought you were Max Gawn when Varcoe kicked his 4th.

Edited by Will27

31 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Poor Uncle WILL has taken a hit this weekend in tipping......that Crow game threw ya.....your back with me fella....i noticed your level with Radar....next 3 games are more or less in the bag...that WILL save you...

Ron is sharpening is anchor and about the only serious threat to Grant...

Oh well, IF Rayner kicks the sitter and the goal ump did his job in the Showdown, I'd be

on 4 and not 2.

But as they say, IF my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Oh well, IF Rayner kicks the sitter and the goal ump did his job in the Showdown, I'd be

on 4 and not 2.

But as they say, IF my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle?

I was in the same boat a week or two back...

• Like 1

The AFL needs to act on the goal review.

Common sense suggests it's for howlers but goal umpires being umpires want to have that 10 seconds of fame.

Let the goal umpire make a decision and review if it's a standout howler on goals only on way back to centre bounce.

A $2 laser beam from WA salvage going post to post would do a better job than what they have now in place. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

I don't think we deserved the win anyway Will, If I had any sense I would have picked the Crows and now be 5/5.

They need to get rid of Walker, as captain at least.

I don't think Port deserved to win either mate, but sometimes you win against the odds.

Would've helped my tipping anyway?

• Like 1