Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

You know i love this guy Jose Mourinho, im sure most here would be familar with him....love they way there loved one day and hated the next in soccer, jose has probley made more money from getting sacked and sitting out the seson that actualy coaching, to be fair to the man he has 8 championships to his name and a ton of silver wear that would make some of women feel insecure...

Seen him in a doco on Brain Robson as his assitant even then had this kinda darkish moody look, i do recon he has a personality of gold in fact i loved it when he was giving his predictions last world cup another side of him came out....a John Kennedy type? ahhhh most of you interstaters wouldnt know commando Kennedy, the modern version is Malthouse, and yes ive stood next to Malthouse at a bar once, not a big guy at all, looked me over....dont think he thought i could line up at full forward for the pies...https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/now-people-understand-mourinho-reminds-united-of-persistent-problems such was his look...Biggest achievement was getting Man United to second during his time...in other words well i dont need to speel it out, host of over paid ballarinas in the team...

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 10:45 AM, farmerjo said:

From one off the pace to equal last in two weeks in the tipping.

Couldn't pick my nose at the moment.

Well i hope The Little Master gets off this week,he was clearly the difference between the Roos and Cats.

I would be disappointed if he played last week and goes this week.With Fyfe on a similar charge it might be viewed different.

Don't normally watch the A-league but sat  with son to see a thrilling finish with the Glory

Not so good for Alex's mob losing 6-1(least the Dees got up for you)

Whilst on other sports the mistake ridden IPL final was a cracker going to the last ball.

Back to footy,feel for young Sam Durdin for Norf who will be suspended,doing the right thing putting on a sheperd knocking out Rohan.Not sure what your meant to do in that situation.

Team of the week for me was the Hawks,they just know a way to get it done with backs against the wall.   

I was 9 off the pace 4 weeks ago clawed myself back to 3, now dropped off to 6.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:57 PM, Will27 said:

Uncle Will is wary of being ambushed by your boys Alex.

We're just going TBH.

Just did enough against the GC.

Hope it's a good game (win) on the big stage this Friday night.

No one believes me.

I'm telling you, were just going.

Time for us guys in Thailand with the time to invent the Goal kicking Goggles.

The Demons could of benefited tonight

You know the ones with infrared running  in line,cross and dial you turn to gauge 15 metres out through to 35.????

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Time for us guys in Thailand with the time to invent the Goal kicking Goggles.

The Demons could of benefited tonight

You know the ones with infrared running  in line,cross and dial you turn to gauge 15 metres out through to 35.????

Awwww hey super coach you know how it is....lack of experiance in tight pressure games, mate if thats close to the wrose team we can put out on the park...watch out...

Meanwhile Kev Muscat WILL coach his last game soon when Victory play a Japanese team in the Asians Champions league dead rubber, turned himself into a media darling this year....law of Attraction he uses for sure, pure positive vibes, they say the mauling by Sydney had nothing to do with it.....ummmm anyway im sort of relived as even he has the score on the board Sydney is showing us how to play, slick euro style, this 3rd division Millwal style where Kev use to play wont win in Asia.

Tom Boyd has retired at 23...gees i thought he was older than that, again its the dreaded clouds of mental health though its not used as an excuse, hope he goes ok and thanks for the game of your life in that GF.

The word around town...and you heard it here....buckets of bickkies and cash WILL be used to lure Yaeo or how ever you spell it east...the number 6 is vacant over at the G, Dee's have been very aggressive in picking up quality defenders, kept the Eagles in the game but not for much longer....

Kayo....like the rest of Foxtel a poor cousin of Netflix, gees i have had some issues getting it to play on the iMac....iMac has a nice big 21 inch screen...eat your heart out windows boys, most of the time i have to log in to get it to work, said when checking settings etc dont open Private Window...well i hardly ever do only when looking for hotels and flights....anway after a frustrating 3 weeks its kinda not doing that anymore...but you guessed it....roots around wainting to find a signal and like the router is just 5 meters away....The demise of Foxtel cant be too far away i have never thought it was of much value...even the shows they produce for the footy for instance is like crude, Noff's King....(rolling eyes in sockets) is on the level of Sandy, he must have contacts casue you cant stay in a job like that with out them, he and the 2 Riewoldt's, sorry Chook...Nick has the personality of a cobra while jack is the charming one, jack kept it all togther is  a natural, previous to that again Jack with Jordan Lewis with the 360 guys i think....again jack kept it togther Lewis was calm and collected and the 2 employees....were did they find them?

• Like 2

I thought you would be proud of the Dees effort Alex and for much of the game they were the better team.

Wasn't till Shuey and co got on top of Oliver late in the 2nd half the tide changed.

The goal kick goggles was more aimed at Petracca.If i've ever seen a guy hear footsteps,it was him last night.

A spell in the Magoos would not do him or the team any harm. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Great win for the Swans. I change my tip after Kennedy was ruled out. Jones was out in the 2nd quarter. The kids really stood up. Average age for the Swans tonight was just over 23. 

Good win for the youngsters Rip.

I very rarely turn a game off before the end winning or as lately losing.

But watching Allir Allir run around on his own for 3 quarters stopping every thrust forward i decided the Aussie election broadcast was more exciting than what Brad Scott could do in the coaches box.

Not to take away from the Swans,there 2nd quarter was intense attacking football.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Good win for the youngsters Rip.

I very rarely turn a game off before the end winning or as lately losing.

But watching Allir Allir run around on his own for 3 quarters stopping every thrust forward i decided the Aussie election broadcast was more exciting than what Brad Scott could do in the coaches box.

Not to take away from the Swans,there 2nd quarter was intense attacking football.

My thinking is that Allir Allir should not be in the team.  He can mark but after that he is hopeless. Maybe Brad Scott thought the same.

• Like 1

For FJ and Rip.

Courtesy of Titus.

North Melbourne (72) v Sydney (77)

This game had it all, niggle, questionable umpiring, Tasmanians and a tight finish. 

North’s major problem was a stretch in the second quarter when they conceded seven goals to two.

From there, it was all uphill as they fought back.

All North supporters could do is watch on and say ‘thank god for Jack Ziebell’ because without him North could be below Carlton on the ladder.

I think ‘thank god for Jack Ziebell’ is their membership campaign slogan this year.

The Kangaroos would have to be considering Brad Scott’s future, but in the ‘post-Hardwick won a premiership and Buckley has come good’ era no club wants to sack anyone.

Just as sacking coaches all the time doesn’t work, never sacking coaches probably doesn’t work either. 

Each situation is different and requires two things, thinking and judgement. 

Unfortunately, these two things are in short supply in the AFL. If only the AFL industry had those qualities in the same quantity as they have confidence.

Sydney will be thrilled they managed this great escape. They’ve now won two in a row and probably only need to win another ten in a row to play finals. 

Easy!

• Like 2

And one for our resident Blue Bagger.

Greater Western Sydney (138) v Carlton (45)

Carlton have to concede that getting Bill Shorten to give the pre-game speech was a mistake.

At least no pollster had them winning, so this wasn’t a surprise.

What probably was a surprise is that after all this time under Bolton, the Blues players can still produce some of the most shameful footy you’ll see. 

And shameful it was. All supporters want to see is effort, but against the Giants, the Blues players sized up early on that this was going to be all too hard and abandoned their game plan quicker than the French abandoned the Maginot Line.

It was every man for himself as the Giants stormed the barricades only to find the defensive structures completely empty.

There is no way the Blues players can claim they tried hard when you consider the stats of their opponents.

Lachie Whitfield had 40 possessions, 18 marks and three goals. Now he’s a really good player, but that’s ridiculous, especially when Tim Taranto had 38 possessions and Josh Kelly 35.

The Giants even won the tackle count which was amazing considering I barely saw a Carlton player touch the ball. 

Perhaps the most amazing part of the game was that Harry McKay managed to kick three goals. Considering the situation, that was like kicking 18 goals in a normal game.

So, what to make of the result? Well for the Giants, nothing, they would train harder than this. 

For Carlton, also nothing, they are exactly where they’ve always been and that’s the problem.

It certainly doesn’t help that if you successfully tag Cripps, you are effectively tagging Carlton.  

I used to enjoy making jokes at Carlton’s expense, but the fun has gone out of it. I’d say it’s because it’s like shooting fish in a barrel, but at least the fish offer a moving target.

• Haha 1

Poor Blues...if this keeps going the AFL WILL have to step in, i would have thought there would be light ahead for this mob by now.....

Look i think they will just do a yaba daba do and off you go but if there still poo by the end of this year there should be a purge dout the current board are sitting to comfortably including Juddge, when its not working its often not working from top down, Dee's were shit but gees we masked it well for a lot of years, the Rattern chop then Malthouse debacle no love left for the current president and hench men...Tom Elliot might make a suprise swoop for the CEO and boy he could do a good job id say if you can get him off radio...

Dont balme the coach he got the job on merit, has to be something else.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Will27 said:

1558151678135_GK627H7UB.1-1.jpg

The young man can jump,wish we had an exciting element in our team.

Howe is the king but imagine how much better his same marks would be coming at the ball in the forward line.

• Like 2