Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On 6/17/2020 at 11:14 AM, BookmanBkk said:

So in conclusion... I can see the first 5 games of the round being a chance to go either way  ????

Well, the tipping dilema continues for 3 more games
Sydney by 11 or North by 35. Ive tipped Sydney
Saints over Collingwood
Brissie over West Coast.... hmmm ????...or maybe not

What do you think up there in your tipping lair @Will27 ?

What's the data out of the quantum computer cave indicating?

9 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Saints over Collingwood

What do you think up there in your tipping lair @Will27 ?

What's the data out of the quantum computer cave indicating?

I'm still waiting on some more results BM but all indications at this time are Norf, Collingwood and WC.

Rackmount LED console in server room data center

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Breaking news: word on the Soi is that Connor McKenna from Essendon has covid.

Presser with Gil at 1300hrs Thailand time.

Not sure of the ramifications.

Yep demon/bombers game postponed to a date to be confirmed.  My tipping was stuffed anyway.  So Essendon going into 14 day lockdown

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Saints over Collingwood

Swans by 11 it was!

Saints...oh dear me

Swans1.PNG

9 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Well done Radar and Bookman. Picked your teams. I cannot remember when I failed to select the Swans. I was very happy that I failed in my tipping.

Grant picked North also. I don't mind not picking the Swans but i thought they were a decent chance yesterday.

Decent effort from the Swans boys. First 10 minutes looked like a Ben Brown 10 goal haul and 50 point loss.
Rampe started slow but locked down BennyBrown from midway through the 1st Q. 
Papley is putting another 100k or more on his contract value this season. The guy produces some great highlights. 
Aliir is looking like a 200 gamer. Mills started as he played last week- fumbling mistake, but gotit together and hopefully is back to form

Rowbottom (19 years) and Jordan Dawson coming along very nicely. Rowbottom looks to be a very nice midfielder in years to come. Dawson (23) is our best kick and looks likely to make a career down back.

Kennedy and Parker terrific through the midfield as always. The challenge is to find the players to replace those guys in the next couple of years.

Forward line will look different with Joey Daniher making his way to Sydney next year

5 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Easy Kemosabe.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

Anyway, my boys the GC should have another win today.

I pencilled GC in early based on last week, but can Adelaide play as poorly as last week?

Another tough game to pick I'm thinking

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.com/future/bespoke/follow-the-food/the-pandemic-threatening-bananas.html Well on a lighter note there is a banana issue going on around the world....there very own pandemic......

Well we found out who hasn't been good haven't we? Eagles or is it the Kelly factor? a NON factor, over paid junior upsetting the established men in the team.....Who else in living memory moved heaven and earth for a player and it not worked out? well just Lynch to the Tigers has worked but look at them this year......crapola......Hawks full of mercenaries all over the shop....champions one day wooden spooners the next....

And the Demons today saved from a hiding to none......I had not chosen them thats for sure but hey Carltons win over the Cats yesterday made me feel better untill that last quarter, they cant play 4 quarters yet.....

Saints? well Rattern WILL iron it out, I fell asleep during the game....I was expecting a cracker cho and I cuddled up on the couch in front off the 65inch telly and had a nap.....

Ive chosen Suns and Port and im not about to change now so im expecting just 1 for the round, Stewie better deliver today and Port have always been an enigma for me.....

Its only early days yet, I did start on the bottom last year and eventually clawed my way to number two....dont see it happing this year though.......

A very winters day today here....top of 14 expected and rain......but no games here today......what to do what to do?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Yep saved from a wipping........And my Fanatsy team after doubling your score now look like going down the the sewer with 5 Dees and a Bomber in the starting line up all scrubbed....Subs? ha couple injured then a couple of Dees......my karma has come to get me and save you from a serious wipping fella.....

Of course Bombers wont be happy as its going to effect training etc......Now i got to find something to do tomorrow avro in the winter weather.....need a part timer at the bottle shop Chooks?

Im one point up on you Alex going into the last quarter,  1 demon selected and I still have my captain Tom Rockliff to play, he returned a nice 220 points last week and should produce the same today against Freo. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Well we found out who hasn't been good haven't we? Eagles or is it the Kelly factor? a NON factor, over paid junior upsetting the established men in the team.....Who else in living memory moved heaven and earth for a player and it not worked out? well just Lynch to the Tigers has worked but look at them this year......crapola......Hawks full of mercenaries all over the shop....champions one day wooden spooners the next....

Call me crazy, but I'd suggest the hub and playing in greasy conditions are more of a factor than Kelly is.

Kelly didn't seem to be the problem in round 1 when we kicked <deleted>.

Who did we beat again?

Oh that's right, it was Melbourne.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Call me crazy, but I'd suggest the hub and playing in greasy conditions are more of a factor than Kelly is.

Kelly didn't seem to be the problem in round 1 when we kicked <deleted>.

Who did we beat again?

Oh that's right, it was Melb

Wow.....were on the defensive this morning.....Your mrs better get the cat and dog out of the house fast and im pretty sure she knows you well enough to have organised her day making merit at the local temple and catching up with her sister......

Everyone beats the Demons .....so you cant hurt me......and it was last year......ahhh no 2 seasons back thats like ancient history now....... We are in the Now fella.....you should go along with the mrs and purchase some incense and say a few prayers to Buddha might get the boys on track again soon.....tip.....dont stand to close to the burning incense unlike the ones we buy here it goes right up your nose......ho and dont forget to take your shoes off......;well in your case sandles.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Wow.....were on the defensive this morning.....Your mrs better get the cat and dog out of the house fast and im pretty sure she knows you well enough to have organised her day making merit at the local temple and catching up with her sister......

Everyone beats the Demons .....so you cant hurt me......and it was last year......ahhh no 2 seasons back thats like ancient history now....... We are in the Now fella.....you should go along with the mrs and purchase some incense and say a few prayers to Buddha might get the boys on track again soon.....tip.....dont stand to close to the burning incense unlike the ones we buy here it goes right up your nose......ho and dont forget to take your shoes off......;well in your case sandles.....

I know it seems like it was ages ago Uncle Alex, but it was round one of this year.

Anyway, chat to you later as I'm off to say a few prayers at the local temple.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

On the subject of Hubs

One of the factors in choosing Brissie yesterday was Coach Simpsons comments mid week about mental health of the players and wanting to return home.  If he is making those statements publicly there must be some internal issues with the players missing family or suffering because of being away from normal environments.

Early days, but its looking like the Hub could cost West Coast  a high finish for the season, and if they lose two more up the hub way, cold be a finals position lost

I think the main reason for the disappointment is that they were told last week they would have a return

to home date and that hasn't eventuated.

Not using it as an excuse but it hasn't been ideal.

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I think the main reason for the disappointment is that they were told last week they would have a return

to home date and that hasn't eventuated.

Not using it as an excuse but it hasn't been ideal.

In my view it is a valid excuse for hub teams coming from another state. Fair compo would be for the travelling hub teams of WA and SA to receive 4 straight home games on their returns. Even then it seems a disadvantage.
 There hasn't been any examples in AFL history of entire teams and support staff isolating  away from family and friends for an entire month

13 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Great post except for the last sentence.

I think you will grow to love Joey as a Swan.

Joey will be 27 when he comes to Sydney next year.
As a comparison recent forward stars that have come

Barry Hall came at 25ish
Lance Franklin at 27ish
Tony Lockett at 29

Injuries are the big issue for Joey.  We have already had to manage Sam Reid and before that Kurt Tippett with about 50/50 injury/game play so we don't need a repeat.

Sure Joey will command some big coin, but we can use his 70 goal annual hauls for the next 5 years.

2022, Swans will be in the hunt for the premiership, once again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

In my view it is a valid excuse for hub teams coming from another state. Fair compo would be for the travelling hub teams of WA and SA to receive 4 straight home games on their returns. Even then it seems a disadvantage.
 There hasn't been any examples in AFL history of entire teams and support staff isolating  away from family and friends for an entire month

They have given us a home game though.

We play Richmond at Metricon in a fortnight.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

I think you will grow to love Joey as a Swan.

Joey will be 27 when he comes to Sydney next year.
As a comparison recent forward stars that have come

Barry Hall came at 25ish
Lance Franklin at 27ish
Tony Lockett at 29

Injuries are the big issue for Joey.  We have already had to manage Sam Reid and before that Kurt Tippett with about 50/50 injury/game play so we don't need a repeat.

Sure Joey will command some big coin, but we can use his 70 goal annual hauls for the next 5 years.

2022, Swans will be in the hunt for the premiership, once again.

After a handful of games in 2 years, I'm not sure he can expect big coin TBH.

Maybe a contract with high match payments.

• Like 1