Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

3 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

As i mentioned a week back..

Talk on Footy Classified about Clarko heading to GWS... the problem being Clarkos salary of almost $2million.

I have sent some further thoughts on the AFL to the panel for future talking points ????

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2020/episode-37

Cannot open link. It is only for Aust. residents and I do not have a VPN

• Sad 1

Saw this today.

Hard to imagine going over a season without a win.

Longest losing streaks for each VFL/AFL club 

51 - uni

48 - stk

35 - nth

29  - sth/syd

27 - fitz haw

21 - gcs gws

20 - melb

18  - frem

17 - ess

16 - geel

15 - rich

14 - carl wbd

13 - coll

12 - bris

11 - port

10 - ADEL

8 - wce

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

Saw this today.

Hard to imagine going over a season without a win.

Longest losing streaks for each VFL/AFL club 

51 - uni

48 - stk

35 - nth

29  - sth/syd

27 - fitz haw

21 - gcs gws

20 - melb

18  - frem

17 - ess

16 - geel

15 - rich

14 - carl wbd

13 - coll

12 - bris

11 - port

10 - ADEL

8 - wce

Back in the VFL days lot of dreadful teams, Saints were perineal wooden spooners.....North too......the 10 year rule the first version of free agency and a savy Doc propelled the Shinnboners but alas even with the great Ron B coaching them they only took 2 flags in that time....Bulldogs, Dee's, Swans and Hawks up untill the 70's also hovered very close to The Saints and mid ladder...

Think you WILL find Dees have a longer loosing streak than 20....im sure of it...

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

95 NFL players tested positive for Corvid-19.......the State of CorVidVictoria has made it mandatory to wear face masks from 11.58 this evening....in an OMG moment we realise this is going to go on forever....

So what do i do? i look to other pandemics to find out how god dam long they go on for......you know i was expecting to do some travel this year but instead im stuck here in freezing Melbourne instead....

Spanish Flu...i didnt know about this but heard about it....started during WW1 and no it didnt start in Spain but in the Land off the free...Trump land....yep....soldiers helped to spread it around, conservative numbers of 18 million died world wide many think this is not accurate and some think as high as 100 million perished....as here and now some countries like India were not keeping records or something like that......

So did you know....at one point with people poping off like flies face protection began to appear and with that infection rates went down as well....so how do you like that? For the life of me if they knew that then why did it take so long to implement mandatory facemark wearing now.........,.

Leaders we have, Great leaders we dont have, That French fella Nostradamus seen it coming, well the Chinese thing....its a worry how there spreading there tentacles around.....of course since Trump and his trade wars they been focusing specifically on the yellow peril which by the way was also a reference to a ummmm some structure to be kind to it that was commissioned by a Liberal Premier to plonk in our new city square in Bourke st....painted traffic light yellow this is around late 70s if my memory serves me right....turns out the "artist" want for a better term of reference was the nephew of said premier and was paid handsomely....i did walk past it many times.....being young and totally uncultral to art it looked like several plates of steel welded together standing up right....as it turned out most of Melbourne seen it the same way i did......so therefore that made me feel a lot better....i wasnt missing anything.....the it.....structure was ridiculed left right and centre and eventually after quite a few years was trucked off to another spot ummm less in the naked eye sight before finding its eventual resting place....to eventually find itself on the other side of the yarra that dirty stream we have running through the city near Crown were its hardly noticeable....yep you have to look twice to spot it and the younger folks wouldnt have any idea of its history let alone see it.....

And that city square.....you think our great leaders could get it right? nope they could not....first this city square was between Collins and Bourke st on Swanson st.....in front of the Westin Hotel i think rather nice posh place...been in there just once....well just like the AFL the Melbourne City Council just couldnt stop tinkering with it....they did it up and remodelled it so many times i lost count then in a stroke of genius they decided to move the city square up the road a couple of hundred meters to which was a far better site for it, on the corner of Flinders and Swanson sts in front of Flinders st railway station who by the way been toying with a redevelopment since i was born but nothings happened as of yet....they plonked the now famous yellow peril in the centre....and a few trees etc.....well not to long after the developers took a shine to this spot....right next to the yarra.....and of course the chorus of discontent was getting louder of the yellow structure....of course the redevelopment of the new city square was stage 1 of the railway development as well to be included but never got going and for no reason i know as every 5 or 6 ys it comes ups then gets buried again....

So the developers moved in and the yellow peril was banished.....eventually finishing up were no one can see it....the new city square had several make overs and i can now say they haven't touched in at least 15 years.....all eyes are on the railway over the road....the talk was to build high rise apartments and the like over the top.....

So if the leaders of the city couldnt get the city square right how do you think they could manage a pandemic? Is it any wonder the AFL leadership is in disarray? Are you getting my picture?

Pandemics seem to run 18 months......to 2 years......unless we can get a change of heart from that clown running the US we WILL go the full distance, mask wearing should be mandatory in any modernly risky area.....Well it WILL work in well for me i guess....next year im expecting to be my last working year the body is getting to the point were some parts dont work so well anymore......im also waiting out some building grantees before the nail bag gets hung up and the one toner gets sold off....

In the case off the Hawks......its pretty clear topping up with Free Agents wont work, maybe 2 or 3 are worth anything......Wingard, mercenary Scully and a few others drift in and out of there games, Clarkson forgot how he won 3 flags on the trott....and with whom.....they need to go back to the draft and ditch a few hacks like Wingard.....

As for the Deemons.....lets see if they can keep it up, pass mark for Goodwin is playing finals...

This years draft......may be it was by divine intervention Dee's have no first round pick this year....wasnt Luke Jackson good on the weekend? looking every bit of a trade worth 6 first round picks in 5 ys WILL and only his second game....and the two mocca magics? particular pretty boy.... dont know how the recruiters will work out who to draft this year .......

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, sceadugenga said:

The Adelaide paper is already demanding 2 of the first 5 draft picks for the Crows.

Adelaide creates its mess by putting their players through some mind control torture sessions and their best and most talented leave the club. Now they want special consideration?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

Support for The Carlton Football Club has never been questioned across countless generations in the Radar tribe.   My three-month old Jack Russell is already undergoing torturous loyalty training and has jumped every hurdle so far.

SPOT just loves my 1978 circa Blues scarf, and it's soft on his chinny-chin-chin during nap-time.

DSC00011.JPG

He is starting at the right time, with Carlton moving into some golden years

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ozzydom said:

Nice to get a Thursday tip right.????

Nice. Sadly for me I tipped Gold Coast

But a cracker of a game despite the moderate score.  Gold Coast would be slightly disappointed after being the better team for the night but not able to convert the chances and ball advantages they had. Could have easily been a 3-4 goal win for the Gold Coast and i don't think they will be too downcast about it given their style of play and growing belief

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

I don't think GC were the better side on the night.

Think it was pretty even.

Both sides dominated at certain times but couldn't capitalize.

Dogs lucky to hold on in the end and GC didn't lose any friends.

Gold Coast weren't able to use their advantage for inside 50s (+10) and Hitouts and clearances

Before the big game to night that Great Blues supporter in Mick Gatto was today in court fighting the ABC for defamation.....Mr irresistible, lovable rogue, recons the ABC have slandered him, Mrs Gatto steps in.....and says " he takes no issues with whats's printed as long as its true", Cheryl says hes a good man....." and its not uncommon for me to be handed someones Iphone and politely asked to take a photo of them with my husband".....yep shes said that....

The ABC legal eagle in Mr Collings later told the judge "there is not the slightest suggestion that the ABC article had a sherrick of inpact on Mr Gatto's reputation"....Mr Gatto's words yesterday were he says " i dont see anyone running way from me".

Ahhh in Melbourne today.......Mr Gatto brings extra chilli to my homemade pizza tonight....

And i been following Johnny Depp and his legal concerns with the UK Sun....a poison of paper a small town rag assuming im thinking of the right paper....Both Mr Depp and the Ex Mrs Depp slinging poo at each other its a must read...so far Johnny is looking good.... claims and counter claims with Depp producing folks who said "she did that said that" etc etc.....

If i was looking for players for my footy team id want Mick Gatto at full forward ...no one is going to take the ball off him.......Mrs Gatto as one of my mids resting forward....shes got his back/your back....and Johnny Depp at full back....the dirty street fighter who deflects it all......and of course id want Ex Mrs Depp Amber Heard in the centre....she gives as good as she gets, hard to tell which of the 2 is the dirtier they both play hard ball......

Andy Gaff is thinking about it, hes a free agent again.....This time wont command the million big ones that North and Dees were throwing at him, will stay put no dout as hes to expensive now with less inpact.....Ben Brown is up too.....bikkies is all his worth these days.....Jordan De Goey, ummmm still could be anything if they can keep him out of jail....ahh the Blues and Mick Gatto.....thats where hes heading....Jeremy Cameron...all eyes are on him...who needs a forward.....put your hands down everyone..... and of course Joe D......Swans and Books are keen....RIP thinks like the rest of us.....fooie.....not worth a cracker....a bob...2 schillings....

My man Woody Allen is in the news again......dont ya love his movies? i like most of them but still cant get over that Christena bla bla Barcelona one....with spunky in it.....lover her to bits but gees soooooo much talking in that move drove me to tears....5 hrs long turned it off after 2 and half hours....In a "whatsoever" mood he dont mind....not quite sure what it was all about seems the jurno had to bring up the allegations once more of Woody porking one of his kids and a few actors from one of his moves not wanting to work with him again .......well there just wasnt any evidence plus the old and i mean old girl friend Mia being spiteful and all.......

Dee's and North wont be playing in Tassie and i like that......keep it in Sydney we seem to like it there....

Well i missed that......a topless streaker....weak should have been nude cops an $8000 fine for harassing Collingwood and Geelong players....thought it a girl....anticlimax just seen the vid....a chubby guy collingwood suporter in Pies jumper obviously full as a boot.....that WILL teach him a lesson...

After last weeks showing Dee's contemplating playing Tom Macdonald on the wing....now i like that idea....though i dout it will come off....Tom normaly would walk into the team even playing like a 100 year old salt water croc with a tooth acke there likely to plonk him in his key position....Goods is playing funny buggers and has him as an emergency......you aint fooling anyone Simon....after looking at the team i cant see who there going to drop unless someone has an injury......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

A good win for our Sydney contingent.

Leigh Matthews slams state of the game, citing possible reduction of interchanges as key to saving it

AFL legend Leigh Matthews has blasted the state of the game, declaring the ‘flat earthers’ that claim it should be left alone live in ‘fantasy land’.

The four-time premiership coach said the onus fell squarely on the AFL to fix the issue of player congestion rather than putting it on the umpires.

“I tell you what the ‘flat earthers’ who say ‘leave the game alone’ are living in a fantasy land really,” Matthews said on 3AW.

“The coaches have changed the game more in the last decade than the previous hundred years and will continue to change it.

“Dropping a couple of players off the ground is the last resort, that’s a fair few years down the track if nothing else happened.

But please, please don’t ask the umpire interpretations to change to open up the game.

That’s too hard for the umpires.”

The former Hawthorn great said he believed the reduction of interchanges would go a long way towards easing congestion.

“This disaster the last month has been because they’ve tried to vet the umpire interpretations to open up and decongest the game,” Matthews said.

“Don’t expect umpiring interpretations to do that, it’s too complicated.

“So if we want to decongest the game, and I’m certainly of that mind, somehow you have to force them to decongest and that’s the challenge for the AFL.

“Maybe reducing interchange back to 20 might do that because at least you have 18 against 18 instead of 22 against 22.”

Matthews, who is based in south-east Queensland, said he’d watched ‘half a dozen’ live games the past month.

He admitted to leaving at half-time of the Richmond and Sydney snorefest at the Gabba, in which only seven goals were kicked, because “you get a better view on TV”.

“Football is better not being at the ground at the moment because there’s no one else there, the footy’s not great to watch most of the time and there’s hardly anyone there so there’s very little atmosphere,” he said.

Matthews was also bemused by the “18-man zones” employed during the recent Gold Coast and Western Bulldogs’ clash that he attended.

“When the opposition had the ball in the back 50, the cross the field attacking was covered, the midfield centre square was covered,” he said.

“So what do you do? You have to kick the ball down the line to a contest and either it gets marked, or it very rarely gets marked so it just rolls out of bounds.

“The ball stays in this bubble.”

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

A good win for our Sydney contingent.

Leigh Matthews slams state of the game, citing possible reduction of interchanges as key to saving it

AFL legend Leigh Matthews has blasted the state of the game, declaring the ‘flat earthers’ that claim it should be left alone live in ‘fantasy land’.

The four-time premiership coach said the onus fell squarely on the AFL to fix the issue of player congestion rather than putting it on the umpires.

“I tell you what the ‘flat earthers’ who say ‘leave the game alone’ are living in a fantasy land really,” Matthews said on 3AW.

“The coaches have changed the game more in the last decade than the previous hundred years and will continue to change it.

“Dropping a couple of players off the ground is the last resort, that’s a fair few years down the track if nothing else happened.

But please, please don’t ask the umpire interpretations to change to open up the game.

That’s too hard for the umpires.”

The former Hawthorn great said he believed the reduction of interchanges would go a long way towards easing congestion.

“This disaster the last month has been because they’ve tried to vet the umpire interpretations to open up and decongest the game,” Matthews said.

“Don’t expect umpiring interpretations to do that, it’s too complicated.

“So if we want to decongest the game, and I’m certainly of that mind, somehow you have to force them to decongest and that’s the challenge for the AFL.

“Maybe reducing interchange back to 20 might do that because at least you have 18 against 18 instead of 22 against 22.”

Matthews, who is based in south-east Queensland, said he’d watched ‘half a dozen’ live games the past month.

He admitted to leaving at half-time of the Richmond and Sydney snorefest at the Gabba, in which only seven goals were kicked, because “you get a better view on TV”.

“Football is better not being at the ground at the moment because there’s no one else there, the footy’s not great to watch most of the time and there’s hardly anyone there so there’s very little atmosphere,” he said.

Matthews was also bemused by the “18-man zones” employed during the recent Gold Coast and Western Bulldogs’ clash that he attended.

“When the opposition had the ball in the back 50, the cross the field attacking was covered, the midfield centre square was covered,” he said.

“So what do you do? You have to kick the ball down the line to a contest and either it gets marked, or it very rarely gets marked so it just rolls out of bounds.

“The ball stays in this bubble.”

Yes i endured that dribble over dinner.....ummm lot of bullocks i say....how about going back and undoing the 666 to start with and the line over the centre and the 50 meter arck then we might be back to the Bakers and Dermies taking speakies....

Lets face it coaches are all about defending these days, they have for at least 50 years worked off the the rebound from the half back line, thats whats it all about....off the half back line....Sheedy and giving away professional fouls and Roos flooding the back line....whats wrong with that? Look if you dont TINKER it WILL evolve.....just has too....someone WILL come up with a new efective way style what ever.....

Players are coached to defend, zone and fan off, making space that is the style.....for frigging sake enbrasse it i do....defence is part of the game...i think its like 65-70% of the game....... whats the idea we need to kick 25 goals a game come from....nothing more boring than that....me i think winning a team getting around 12 to 15 goals in a game is good to see a battle....and before the tribe stip me naked we on a shorter game fellas and now playing monday.......when they said monday didnt work....and and and....i forget....

Shorter games with higher scoring equaled 6-8 on the interchange, playing mondays was a no brainer....other other codes have no problem luring fans when ever there on the telly ....... I SAY STIP BACK THE CHANGES ADD 2 TO 4 EXTRA PLAYERS TO THE INTERCHANGE BENCH AND LEAVE IT ALONE.....hopefuly we go back to normal next year...i prefer frid to mond games with min of 6 on the bench prfewr 8 or more....dump the reserves team and tie up Gills hands....NFL work just fine so do the premier league......LEAVE it alone.....

• Haha 2