Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, BookmanBkk said:

Don't believe the stats too much..
old coast V Richmond game was a ripper - a decent game

Swans v GWS exciting to watch. Development of those young players very exciting - exciting if you're a Swans supporter
Freo v Carlton a real thriller and entertainer - Yep, if you support Carlton

The Coleman medal says it all.

Thirty goals leading the table.

Tom Hawkins Geelong 12 30 15 195 65 45 66.7 6 v Port Adelaide, Round 12
Joshua Kennedy West Coast 11 27 14 176 47 41 65.9 3 v Hawthorn, Round 12
Daniel Butler St Kilda 12 22 8 140 23 30 73.3 1 v Essendon, Round 12
Matthew Taberner Fremantle 11 21 8 134 65 29 72.4 3 v Carlton, Round 12
Tom Papley Sydney 11 21 17 143 39 38 55.3 0 v GWS, Round 12
Charlie Dixon Port Adelaide 11 21 16 142 48 37 56.8 0 v Geelong, Round 12

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Will27 said:

Yeah, not me that's for sure:biggrin:

Kerr should come out and have a coffee with me....i will show him no woman is worth stalking...... in fact deadly silence is a proven formula to really get people <deleted> off.... oh yes.....it been done to me and i learned very quickly....disappear dont call and avoid going where they go and if you do end up at the same venue you can do what i do when i found myself standing right next to her in a long que at the bar  i just looked over her shoulder and didnt see a thing......no expression no nothing......and boy did it pee her off......that i could see from the corner of my eye...

Anyway im not vindictive when i had enough i had enough....... it teaches then a lesson after they pooed on you a few times....if there self esteem gets beat up over it....well thats just fine...not my problem after spending years building too up for her....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Coleman medal says it all.

Thirty goals leading the table.

Tom Hawkins Geelong 12 30 15 195 65 45 66.7 6 v Port Adelaide, Round 12
Joshua Kennedy West Coast 11 27 14 176 47 41 65.9 3 v Hawthorn, Round 12
Daniel Butler St Kilda 12 22 8 140 23 30 73.3 1 v Essendon, Round 12
Matthew Taberner Fremantle 11 21 8 134 65 29 72.4 3 v Carlton, Round 12
Tom Papley Sydney 11 21 17 143 39 38 55.3 0 v GWS, Round 12
Charlie Dixon Port Adelaide 11 21 16 142 48 37 56.8 0 v Geelong, Round 12

Come on mate
20% less game time happening, so players are much fresher and can play right through
We are not seeing the cheap goals at the end of the quarters that boost up the score as teams get tired and scores blow out

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Kerr should come out and have a coffee with me....i will show him no woman is worth stalking...... in fact deadly silence is a proven formula to really get people <deleted> off.... oh yes.....it been done to me and i learned very quickly....disappear dont call and avoid going where they go and if you do end up at the same venue you can do what i do when i found myself standing right next to her in a long que at the bar  i just looked over her shoulder and didnt see a thing......no expression no nothing......and boy did it pee her off......that i could see from the corner of my eye...

Anyway im not vindictive when i had enough i had enough....... it teaches then a lesson after they pooed on you a few times....if there self esteem gets beat up over it....well thats just fine...not my problem after spending years building too up for her....

errr...
You have been pooed on?

These days you just delete all social media and Ghost* them

*Ghosting is a colloquial term used to describe the practice of ceasing all communication and contact with a partner, friend, or similar individual without any apparent warning or justification and subsequently ignoring any attempts to reach out or communicate made by said partner, friend, or individual.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Come on mate
20% less game time happening, so players are much fresher and can play right through
We are not seeing the cheap goals at the end of the quarters that boost up the score as teams get tired and scores blow out

20% time reduction still doesn't account for scores that low IMO.

A drop off certainly, but not what it is now.

The coaches first priority is not to score, but don't get scored against.

They need to slash the interchange rotations.

Hardly any fatigue anymore which means the pressure is on 100%.

Butler and Papley Butler 3rd and 5th on the Coleman with 22 and 21 goals respectively.

FMD! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Was it muso Rod Stewart who said "I'm not getting married again, I'll just find a woman who hates me and buy her a house"?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Will27 said:

The boys playing up again.

Pete Ladhams and Dan Houston have been suspended for breaches of the AFL’s return to play protocols. #weareportadelaide

l4rTpQio?format=jpg&name=small

Did I read somewhere that Crows player/housemate Billy Frampton had gone to bed early and wasn't involved? :cool:

Some clubs just walk through raindrops.

• Like 2

errr...
You have been pooed on?

These days you just delete all social media and Ghost* them

*Ghosting is a colloquial term used to describe the practice of ceasing all communication and contact with a partner, friend, or similar individual without any apparent warning or justification and subsequently ignoring any attempts to reach out or communicate made by said partner, friend, or individual.

Not Ghost them fella......plenty of justification to ignore i cant help if the other party wants to ignore my justification to ignore, like ive noted here before you just never know someone untill difficulty arises thats when that reverse Tigers jumper is clear to be seen on there back....that big yellow sash....use to mean coward.....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Thanks 1

Well gang its saturday Radar is in love after the beloved Blues stitched up a wounded Suns last evening, with the big game commencing soon there i was brushing my teeth after a late wake up...yes got up at 10.30am....lockdown does this to you, up all night and raise late.....brushing my teeth after my expresso bongo that gives life to my blood stream....and i was pondering the game today against the Dogs.....when my attention was drawn to my electric toothbrush....yes i went electric about 2 ys ago and a good move too, originally brushing it off as a gimmick......for some reason might've been to much money in my pocket at the time i bought one.....this quickly went to...i have a lot of charging devices now and there like all over the place.......

Charging devices and they dont fit other devices....i need a cupboard just for them.....electric toothbrush, electric nose device...yes im on my second dont know how i avoided stabbing myself with the little sizzors in the past till i discovers the ones designed to do the job in Thailand that dont have a point end....them asians are good at thinking outside the box you know when it comes to grooming...electric beard trimmer....yes my goatee is back it makes me look younger and the women like it so what can i do? electric body groomer....double ended too one is designed to do your nuts the other is a beard trimmer, also takes off excess body hair like on ur chest but i just run my electric hair clippers up....and there's a charger for that too then there's im lazy and its winter electric shaver a cheapie but does the job surprisingly well.....a charger for that too......are you getting the picture?

And 2 laptops with chargers, i have a lot......it becomes a battle in the bathroom when its time to charge one of the devices....and do you recon i can find the right one? nope always  a commando mission so any tips for storing said chargers and being able to land on the right one is much appreciated......

Like im a neat guy and i dont like having stuff all over the place a tend to hide stuff as im a minimalist at heart but the hiding is like out of sight is out of mind so i tend to just throw the stuff in a big pile never mind tomorrow...sort of thing....i do need to get out of that habit now....

Goodwin's follies...playing to day on Kayo and C7....i use to watch them old movies....the follies you know.....got that from mum....loath musicals today......even rock concerts on vid im not really into....Stop press....Steam just sent me an email alerting me to Australian Football Coach 2020 is now officially out and special price cause its on my wish list for $17.99 a $2 discount cant be the full game.....anyway you guys wont be lonely over the summer.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Yep, they looked buggered from the first bounce.

Have a lot to look forward to.

Am I being to hard on Rankine or does he look to have been reading his own press?

Im sure he tracks social media commentary about himself.

He doesn't lack confidence in himself and he has been backing it up okay this year. 

Hopefully his ego doesn't get in his way next year

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Australian didn't miss Lynch.

Tom Lynch is an embarrassment to Richmond and the AFL
Will Swanton

Off-field, Tom Lynch may help little old ladies across the street without pinching their handbags. He may volunteer to fold the T-shirts at his local Red Cross shop without dipping his hand in the till.

He may even go to his Macca’s drive-thru and do his bit for humanity by covering the next car’s expenses and telling the check-out chick a cheerful, “Pay it forward.” Off the field, Lynch may be an absolute saint for all I really know.

On the field, I am certain of this much: Lynch’s behaviour is rubbish. If your eight-year-old starts acting like him, you’ll tell him to cut it out.
If these niggling, weak, pathetic cheap shots and dog shots that you put on another bloke when he isn’t looking – when you hit him from behind and then run away like a coward, when you’re trying to act tough but you’re anything but – has been “part of the game” for 123 years, it’s been a rubbish part of the game for 123 years. Damien Hardwick can get his back up all he likes. Lynch is embarrassing himself, his club, his code.
His litany of cheap shots this season are documented. And yet there’s been an incident against Brisbane, in round 10, unnoticed, unpunished and not published, that has been the most contemptible of the lot. Rewind the tape to August 4. Tuesday Night Footy. Lynch has already acted shamefully. Remember?

He’s tackled Alex Witherden, fairly, squarely, bravo. The Lions defender has scraped out a kick. They’ve hit the ground together. The ball is gone. Play has moved on. Witherden is lying on his stomach.
Lynch is above him, getting to his feet. From behind Witherden and on top of him, Lynch takes a full grip of the back of Witherden’s head. He violently drives it to the turf. It’s a low and lily-livered act. Embarrassing.
In the live commentary on Fox Footy, we’ve heard the alternate views.

From Garry Lyon: “There’s nothing in that. That’s just a reminder, you’ve got to get rid of the ball quicker than that, son.”
From Nick Riewoldt: “Yeah, no. We’ll get rid of those.”

Hear, hear. After the match, the five-time All-Australian has added: “I think it’s got to be down to the players as a fraternity to come together and get rid of that stuff that’s crept in. I don’t think it does anyone any favours. It doesn’t look good for Tom Lynch, it doesn’t look good for the game.”
I digress. I actually remember watching that game more for the next delinquent act from Lynch. He’s running to position after halftime. All the players are.
He’s passing a Lions player, whose face is obscured on the footage. He pauses and thrusts a flying elbow as he goes past the Lions player, trying to get the bloke in the ribs. And then he keeps on running.

It has been spectacularly weak. The elbow has missed, adding some comedy to the cringe. It’s been immature. childish. He’s looked like Will Ferrell in Get Hard, someone trying to be a tough guy when he’s not very tough at all.
That missed elbow has come to mind when he’s faked to hit Gold Coast’s Sam Collins this week, whom he’s already punched in the stomach, of course, before running away again.

That fake hit has seemed more lamentable than the real punch-and-flee to Collins’ stomach. It’s a difficult incident to describe.
You know that ghosting thing where a jerk at a pub makes the motion to hit someone, leaping at them, fists raised, trying to get them to flinch? That’s what Lynch has done to Collins. And yet Collins has not so much as blinked, perhaps a reminder to Lynch that his hard man routine is really quite soft. If you were actually at the pub with Lynch, and he was pulling these sorts of stunts, you’d put him in a taxi and send him home with the farewell words of, mate, you’re making a goose of yourself. Stop it.

Lynch reminds me of Bernie Tomic. Tomic has always felt pressure to be the tough guy. To be hardcore. I think deep down, Tomic is a gentle soul. I actually doubt he has a bad bone in his body, but he’s been stuck in a role he’s expected to play. Lynch looks similar, trying to be something he is not.
He’s a high-flying player who doesn’t need to keep putting himself in the gutter.
The bad-<deleted> routine is misguided. It does not suit him. He’s not your old-school enforcer.

He’s opening himself up to ridicule. He plays tough enough in the contest. The extras are the rubbish. Supposedly he doesn’t care what we think. Yeah, no, more rubbish. To a degree, everybody does.

Hardwick’s response to the criticism of Lynch has been churlish and unedifying. David Schwarz says the “boneheaded” Lynch is up for “goose of the year,” which has been putting it mildly, I would have thought. And which is completely in tune with common appraisals.

But Hardwick has become all uppity, saying: “David Schwarz, I played a grand final against that bloke and within 20 minutes of the game, he was crying. So (he should) have a look at himself at some stage.”
Yeah, no, sorry, it may be Hardwick who benefits from a peek in the mirror.
Lynch doesn’t have to look far to see how to really play tough. With real backbone. You don’t see Dusty Martin carrying on with this sort of spineless rot. It’s fake physicality. As for Hardwick’s sniping of Schwarz, just supposing the Melbourne great really had cried at the 20-minute mark of the 2000 grand final. Just supposing he’s cried for every minute of every term in that game.
So bloody what? What does the 2000 grand final have to do with Lynch’s impertinence now? Lynch has not covered himself in glory, and nor has his coach.

The Tigers play Essendon at Darwin’s TIO Stadium on Saturday night.

WIll Swanton?
Your pen name ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

I just thought last night he was running into an open goal and tried to banana it through rather than just taking the easy option with a drop punt.

Later on, he tried to flick it between his legs to a team mate.

Just concentrate on doing the basics right son:smile:

Yeah , it will come a cropper...
But he and Rowell and King are the type of players that will bring people into the ground

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Uncle Alex

When you get off of suicide watch, can you remind me why I picked Melbourne?

Ahhh your not alone....we were sucked in under a fasle sense off illsuion that they had arrived....it was a bob either way you know.....

I again turned the game on a quarter behind...and thats begging to look like the story of my life.....so you know when we started to go down  the gurgler in the third i wasnt to worried as we were playing quite well and they did get some lucky breaks but once they got 4 goals up which was a 5 goal turn around and all we could do was kick it out to the boundry or let the guy on the mark touch it as it sails in to goal the signs began to look something like Saving Private Ryan except we wernt going to get off the beach....ever......with 5 min to go in the 3rd i picked up the Iphone and swigged at the AFL app and took a peek.....just as i figured they didnt come back so to save myself misery and a moody saturday night i switched it off.....

I did notice but did not allow it to bother me at the time but for sure its a dam sign early in the game number 3 was up to his old tricks....hand balling to a blue jumper, i would have pulled him....seriously Goodwin just doesnt make them pay, he is a fine player but geesssss he can be loose as poo sometimes....

Simon is too nice.....no animal in him....no tactics either....Bontenelli how ever you say it was wipping up a storm at the start of the 3rd....but no one with in a country mile of him....Harmes use to be the midfield stopper....and a dam good one but since Lewis retired hes been playing him on a half back flank, crazy i say, your best stopper is playing in defence, Harmes needs to be playing in the middle on there best every week.....Leaver? trade him back to the crows...and we WILL give them another first round pick to take him.....usless as dunnie paper in a hurricane ( i just cant think right now) he gets the ball when the back line is wide open you know....no one to hinder him, the game has left him behind Dogs knew to keep it tight up forward scrum like and Leaver is not effective anymore.....

Look i watch this <deleted> every week....think i can coach better than Goodwin for god dam sure...i know the players better than Goodwin....The mid trio should be Brashaw Oliver and Harmes...Viney in the middle, Macdonald is over it....Pruss is a goer and should be in the team flick Tom, bring back Nev Jetta.....he is cool down back and leave him in Goodwin is killing him, Leaver? gees the role they wanted him to play doesnt exsist anymore the game has moved on so where to put him? dont ask me try him out up froward we know he is a good mark....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Swans V Freo

KhunWilly will be salivating over the scoring in this game

Freo 7.8.50
SYD 2.7.19

Sydney’s lowest score since 1971! 

As a Sydney supporter there was some frustration in watching this. The inability to score despite winning the inside 50 count easily. Our entries were hurried and poor. Our midfield lacked the cohesion of last week

Freo’s defense was exceptional and all kudos to them. The better team on the night

We lost our best KPD in Rampe and we only bring in Kennedy, a midfielder , as a replacement.
Kennedy back from injury looks 2 games underdone.
Sam Reid… one of our highest paid players and fairly much useless all over the ground tonight

Callum Mills excellent down back. Melican, Lloyd O’riordan all okay. Defensively it wasn't too bad an effort.

Sinclair, tried hard as always
Dawson was okay, Rowbottom had some moments, Florent was okay.

McCartin tried hard. 

This from AFl.com.au

SATURDAY night was a horror show for the Swans.

Restricted to a score of just 2.7 (19) in a demoralising defeat to the Dockers, their lowest since relocating to Sydney in 1982, coach John Longmire bemoaned an "unusual" series of events that stifled a young attacking unit at Optus Stadium.

• Like 1

In Better news, Hawthorn's decline continues and the Umps continue their mysertrous dislike of the current team.

@sceadugenga might have been worried after Hawks came out blasting and dominated the first quarter, but Port wiped the sleep from their eyes and with some second half umpire assistance , were victors.

image.png.8626508d0f9bcf0f43c1e01a00b77229.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Look i watch this <deleted> every week....think i can coach better than Goodwin for god dam sure...i know the players better than Goodwin....The mid trio should be Brashaw Oliver and Harmes...Viney in the middle, Macdonald is over it....Pruss is a goer and should be in the team flick Tom, bring back Nev Jetta.....he is cool down back and leave him in Goodwin is killing him, Leaver? gees the role they wanted him to play doesnt exsist anymore the game has moved on so where to put him? dont ask me try him out up froward we know he is a good mark....

May has turned out to be an excellent recruit after some early pies hiccups.

Lever on the other hand.

Reported to be on $700 000 plus.

IMO, would have to be the most overpaid player in the comp if that's true.

• Thanks 1

Swans V Freo

KhunWilly will be salivating over the scoring in this game

Freo 7.8.50
SYD 2.7.19

Sydney’s lowest score since 1971! 

No, pretty much getting used to it by now BM.

Although Sydney play Optus quite well and I thought they'd kick more than 2.

• Haha 1