Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

6 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Radar, yes you are right it looks as though I did leave without any warning or notice.  I thought I did write  something but on checking back nothing was in the system.  Maybe I have some of my brothers, Rotten Ronald, genes in overreacting.

1. I must admit the thing with Bigwazz freeloading did upset, I know Ron had taken him though the process a number of times and he still refused to partake.  I had also spoken with him and the last time it got quite heated as he was unreasonable in the unfounded comments he was making about his participation in the Group.  I would much prefer if those in the group were contributors even though my knowledge of the players and teams is no match for the rest of the group.

2.  At the time of my leaving I had made a move from Bangkok to a new venture in Ubon Ratchathani.  During this time I had little of no internet and I was unable to put my tips in.  Things are a lot better now and apart from the odd power black out have a reasonable internet connection all the time.

3.  The way the league has been set up this year was somewhat confusing and I could not get my head around it.  Furthermore when in Bangkok I could watch the football on Australia TV or even on Channel 7/72 using VPN.  This year 7 is not broadcasting any games and therefore I can not even watch a match which does make it more difficult.

Once again my apologies for not saying anything and hopefully things will be better for me to participate in next years competition.

Gary

Gazman

Gazman you did write talking about Bigwazz. I remember it very well. Part of it was that sticks in my mind Ron was a stickler for the rules. Sorry to see you go

• Like 2

End of year and trade season approaching

Sydney would like a key forward and a couple of experienced mids

Looks like Joey is now thinking Geelong is outside the attention bubble, but there is still hope for him to make his way to Sydney. 50 goals up forward for Sydney will put us back in finals next year

19 hours ago, Will27 said:

Was slightly perplexed whilst watched 360 last night.

First they talked about Sydney standing down Elijah Taylor.

Robbo looked like he wanted to unload on him and Whateley kept him on a tight leash.

Said "be careful Robbo, there are police charged pending etc etc".

Robbo "I applaud the AFL and Sydney's actions. The less said about that young man's behaviour,

the better".

Then in the very next segment, they went on for about 5 minutes on how well Jordan Ge Goey played and

watch a match winner he is.

What am I missing?

Swans show the way for AFL with firm action on Elijah Taylor

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/swans-show-the-way-for-afl-with-firm-action-on-elijah-taylor/news-story/5605c33c56c499be5ba95ad28b8dfec4

Jake Niall wrote about this today

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/why-swans-stood-down-taylor-but-pies-let-de-goey-play-20200916-p55wcl.html

EJ1.PNG

EJ2.PNG

EJ3.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

End of year and trade season approaching

Sydney would like a key forward and a couple of experienced mids

Looks like Joey is now thinking Geelong is outside the attention bubble, but there is still hope for him to make his way to Sydney. 50 goals up forward for Sydney will put us back in finals next year

How about Jesse Hogan?

Word on the Soi is that Freo are going to offer Brody Mihocek a 4 year, 2 million dollar deal.

He's still on Collingwoods rookie list and money is tight down at Pieland.

Can't see room for Taberner, Lobb, Hogan and Mihocek in the forward line.

If he can get his foot right and pass the attitude test, he might be worth a punt.

• Like 1

My wish list for the Kangaroos.

Joe Daniher or Mason Cox,Zac Williams,Alex Pearce.,Oscar Mcernie. I don't hold my hopes high as when we were competative we still couldn't lure an A grader to the club.

Picking up guys like Josh Walker is a true reflection of where we are at besides the draft. 

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

My wish list for the Kangaroos.

Joe Daniher or Mason Cox,Zac Williams,Alex Pearce.,Oscar Mcernie. I don't hold my hopes high as when we were competative we still couldn't lure an A grader to the club.

Picking up guys like Josh Walker is a true reflection of where we are at besides the draft. 

Mason Cox....stop it FJ.

Freo have an over abundance of key backs so you might be able to get one from them.

If not Pearce, someone like a Griffin Logue.

Trouble with Norf mate, is that most Victorians who want to go home want to go to the bigger clubs.

So you're stuck with players like Hall, Polec and Pittard who go there to bump up their wages.

Good luck mate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Just looking at the teams for today Norf v WC.

Mason Wood dropped,i would be looking for another club if him but would hate to see him go.

Shaw mentality,drop a forward and defender and bring in two defenders????

This afternoon can't come quick enough to get the season over with.

We still have most of our midfield out FJ.

I was hoping WC would've rested NN and JK TBH.

Hope you give us a bruise free win with no injuries:smile:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Your forwards might get battered???? but your backline will be bruise free.

Just message Simo and tell the boys to stay out of Jed Anderson's way,he is only guy with heart on the sleeve atm.

I was hoping WC could get him before he went to you.

He's really hard at it.

• Like 1

Tipsters

There's been a glitch on the AFL website in the tipping, so you might want to check your margin.

I checked mine and it was showing as 95 points????

There is a banner saying they had a glitch.

I'm confident, but not that confident.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

How about Jesse Hogan?

Word on the Soi is that Freo are going to offer Brody Mihocek a 4 year, 2 million dollar deal.

He's still on Collingwoods rookie list and money is tight down at Pieland.

Can't see room for Taberner, Lobb, Hogan and Mihocek in the forward line.

If he can get his foot right and pass the attitude test, he might be worth a punt.

If hes avaliable Dee's would be down right stupid to not bring him back and Freo can have  third round draft pick for him....desssssssssspppppppppprrrrrrrrraaaaaaatttttttteeeee for  key forward.....hes still pretty good dont you worry about a thing....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Tipsters

There's been a glitch on the AFL website in the tipping, so you might want to check your margin.

I checked mine and it was showing as 95 points????

There is a banner saying they had a glitch.

I'm confident, but not that confident.

Yes well i was running late for everything by mirco seconds and  the latest was something about margins for port and someone else...the little fairys are playing silly buggers at AFL house....

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

Good luck Alex

Thank you RIP and good luck to you too.....i forgot and had to throw my dinner down super pronto to get 2 changes in with seconds to go.....

You have the honour to beat me in my third GF in a row.....first Grant then Fj now its up to you, no team in TV fantsay bar the second year with the traders that finished on top has ever won the GF.....oh dear....oh me....ho my....Looks like you have luck on your side......

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ozzydom said:

Well round 17 was a disaster for me ,I committed a real faux pas by breaking my own rule of not changing my tips after I lock them in.

I initially tipped the Dees and West Coast but happened to see on a news channel that WC were missing 7 of their top 22 players so I pulled the plug on them , with the Dees it was a bit of  a hissy fit . 

Ah well live and learn.

Scea deserves his lead for consistent tipping in the latter half.

Yes well i fell into the same trap but on a more suprising note you followed Carl over to the Dee's and followed us...well not that it would have made any difference to your suffering career in following a  club cause if you had of follwed Carl back to the Saints you still would be wallowing on the bottom of the ladder....Think the Saints have a better chance of picking up a flag before Dee's do....

Who ever pushed Norm Smith out....both Fitzroy FC and MFC have never won a flag since....think about it....you got time to swing back to the Saints.....and i use to follow the Scrays before the Dee's, i should reconcider....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Jeez,being a home game i thought our footies sprayed with teflon nearly did the trick.

Will be looking for a new supplier as it only lasted 3 quarters.

I like young Tom Murphy and think his future is bright,as a Defender Shaw.

Now cmon Crows.

Mate

Can't believe the GF is going to be at night.

The dew kills it I reckon.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Just had a little chuckle when Fox cut Shaws post game interview off about one minute into it.

They finaly put you out of your misery mr Fj, my mob already have, of course the press WILL be pushing the positives today, Essendon WILL bounce back and my mob dont stand up, then the Scrays need to loose to a remerging Freo which is a possibility but unlikely due to the significance of they winning, of course they WILL get that extra spurt should Dee's actualy get over the Bombers today so say no more...

Since Shaw is only a year and a bit into the job it stands to reason that there WILL be a player clean out....we have on offer some prized Bgraders that can up the tempo from time to time you may want to check out our clean out list end of season, anyway i wouldnt be too worried if i were you, just look at the Eagles and how nervous they were for a lot of the year playing away from home in a hub.

Im almost relived the season is just about over, would be good if they could cram the finals into 3 weeks and put it to rest, would be just around the time Andy lets us out of jail here and of course the weather would be without that biting chill with some sprinkle of sunshine that is our pretend summer here...

As for Hogan think WILL is wishful thinking, Kennedy is close to being vintage what a year left in him? wasnt so long ago thet Hogan was the next "big thing" and hes still to hit his prime....major set backs with fathers death and his own cancer scare, it would rock anyones world, they have a gem on there hands at Freo and they got him tooooo cheap, i seen enough of him to know that...

And for the record Baker Mayfeild puts in an average game against the Baltimore Ravens (who by the way are the original Browns) Browns nailed to the cross but they do have a new coach so we WILL see...was like watching the Dee's play actualy....Tom Brady who left New England might now realize after the NO Saints stiched them up that Tampa Bay is a long way off from anything.....still a very good QB thought.....and the Washington team now politicly correct with numbers on there helmets instead of the famous indian head and 2 feathers looked like the Demons starting the game, playing divisional rivals the Phillie Eagles, crunched sacked Eagles QB an astonishing 7 times took them half a game to get going Eagles running it out to 17 zip never scored again after half time Skins end up doing it easy and another example of a decent coach recycled....whilst the Browns go down the tube with a so call hot prospect assitant coach moving into the senior roll.....baaaaaaaa

Over in England Newcastle United pick up 3 good singings late in preseason, Cheap Ashley giving Bruce 50 million big ones to spend bet Rafa is peeded off the former coach couldnt get anything out of Cheap Mike, anyway NU win opeing game for the first time since anyone can recall against the Hammers with one of there new players scoring....then mid week they win a cup game by one of the other new guys.....lovely....they recyle coaches a lot over there... And Neymar and 4 other players send off in France in a wild affair claims racism anyway PSG who havent lost in like eons have lost both games since start of the new season.....dont think anyone over there can recall PSG losing 2 games in a row....no other club has more Ferarri's and Aston Marint Vantages in the players car park than they do.....some players even get there gfs and servants to bring the spare cars to training to to show off....mean while i put around with an old Golf and an even older Ford truck...

Meanwhile in my game FM20 i got sacked.....yes 1/3 into season 2 they sacked me,  think it now was a mistake to sell one of my good defenders but hey i did inprove the team just they were not playing any better...think it might have had something to do with the fact i didnt crawl when they dragged me into a meeting with the board ....i dont grovel, i told them they couldnt do any better than me at that stage of the season then bam the door got slammed in my face.....

Hours i put into that game....well after some depression started a new game this time with a decent team that id actualy have a transfer budget to begin with previous team i had Zero first year, Lazio in Italy needed to get out of England guys....well this time im better prepared but its still not showing in the friendly games men.....wondering if i WILL get through the first season as this club have a much higher expectation....sim salsa bin laden...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

11 delisted,does anyone know what size the squads will be next year?

Murphy didn't last long being delisted today.

Durdin has showed enough but for some reason they prefer Vickers-willis.

Pity who has to line up on Madjak when he gets picked up.

Mate

Word on the Soi is that the squads will be reduced to 35/36.

I don't mind Mason Wood out of that group either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

11 delisted,does anyone know what size the squads will be next year?

Murphy didn't last long being delisted today.

Durdin has showed enough but for some reason they prefer Vickers-willis.

Pity who has to line up on Madjak when he gets picked up.

Yep over dinner did i spy, and they wasted no time when Shaw is reportedly to have said he wanted the group home and settled first....think hes so disenchanted with them them 11 are walking home......get out now!!!!!! pee offffff....

Ben Brown wasnt on the list....... yet, anway Rip and Books can pick the teeth out of the discards, couple of tall forward options to stick in front of goal on the SCG in that lot......

And Goodwin being coy over Nat Jones reportedly saying he wants to go on....more fire in the belly than ever he says....well where i sit on my armchair i could put like 10 Dee's infront of the door and use a bulldozer to push them out before Nat....Nat dont get injured much this would have been his worst year, unlike little bro over that at the Saints whos been out at least 5 times this year i know casue hes in or was in my fantasy team....

• Like 2

Agree with your thoughts about Mason Wood WILL.   Back in 2018, he was like a raging bull cruising around Norf's forward 50 metre arc.   Injuries have held him back since  as per the usual story.

I hope The B.Lose take interest in him coz he would look excellent in Navy Blue.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 17.55.44.png

• Like 2

Well men ive come to save your bacon...... got an email that i didnt bother to read from Steam letting me know the AFL Evolution 2 for pc is out now, that was around the 11th or 12 of this month...

So for you guys stuck in the backwoods of Thailand and use holed up in lockedown in AU and Footy Junkies here it is... This is the PS4 version think the guys is holding up the wrong version....think its PS5 now something like that....but i did watch a vid on the pc version which for some reason is a bit differant, Gabba is aparently upgraded...not that it has much to do with the actual game, obvious the pc version would not use a controler so i dont know the deal just yet, one of these game junkies will de a review soon specifically pc version, now i do have a copy of the original version around 2015 for PS3 beat my grand son a few times but just collecting dust in a draw as i cant get use to the controlers no matter what...

If you get a copy Fj you can do the 2020 17 game season all over again minus Shaw and no dout do better.....i may concider doing the same...hahaha

ps....you can buy it as a download through Steam so just open an account and there happy to take your money via credit card....lovely people allow a game once owned can shift to any computer and like mine go from mac version to windows no frigging worries....

you

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1