Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Haven't confirmed it but rumor has it the Crows game is cancelled with each team receiving 2 points...

EDIT: Now confirmed. 2 points for each team and round to continue...

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 2

Haven't confirmed it but rumor has it the Crows game is cancelled with each team receiving 2 points...

Most sensible decision i think.

• Like 2

Most sensible decision i think.

Agreed... A lot of noise for the scrapping of the entire round, which if we were playing a regular week of footy it most likely would've been.

Hearing also a lot of Cats supporters - whilst offering respect to Phil Walsh - moaning that if they miss out on the 8 by 2 points that they'll be "upset", I've been trolling a bit with "I think the loss to Melbourne at home would probably be the reason you won't make the 8"

• Like 2

In the tipping every tipster gets a point for the Geelong / Adelaide game.

Your Tips for Round 14

Attention: Tip submissions for the cancelled Adelaide v Geelong clash will be handed as a draw, and will result in a point for both selections.

Very sad to here of the death of Phil Walsh.

I am back in Thailand finally.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

Collingwood should have gotten that one I reckon

Jesse White...he can't kick the clutch goals...Bit like Travis Cloke

Yep, 2 weeks ina row for Jesse now.

Like they said in Snatch "he hasn't got the minerals"biggrin.png

• Like 2

He was a hopeless kick for goals when he was at the Swans

• Like 2

He was a hopeless kick for goals when he was at the Swans

Always frustrating that he couldn't make that one extra step up.

Do you think he is a better player at Collingwood?

Couple of interesting games today!

First up

North V Gold Coast

Farmerjo will be ecstatic to hear majak Daw is named in the forward starting line up in place of Sideshow Bob (ben brown). I have been predicting this for weeks now

Gold Coast have Ablett returning and Swallow returning. Bennell and Harbrow injured.

I still favor North here, but with Ablett in and North now playing with one player down due to Daw, anything could happen.

Bulldogs v Carlton. Carlton look good..good enough to beat the doggies? Doggies were lucky to squeeze the win against St Kilda last week. Both teams going for 3 wins in a row. First time since 20111 for the doggies. Tom Boyd out for the Dogs

Melbourne v West Coast. The Eagles are looking good this year...The midfield must have read Khun Will's postings and have found some more pace. Strong forward line. Melbourne? Well, they look competitive this year, just missing a couple of key players. Rumour has it they offered Hannerbery a 7 year deal... Anyway, they have Jesse Hogan back this week, so they could have the firepower to kick a winning score...Problem is they have Ripstanley's favourite player Heritier Lumumba out and I'm not sure the defence can contain the Weagles. Again though. It is being played in Darwin and that will favour Melourne and West coast will be over confident.

Bennell is out due to photos of him using drugs in 2013 surfaced. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-02/harley-bennell-in-new-suns-drug-storm

West Coast have never played in Darwin. The heat may get to them. It will be in the high 20s when they kick off.

Heritier Lumumba ? . I only have heard of Harry O'Brien

• Like 1

Nice summary BookMan.

Everyone expects North to win, so they may be a chance to lose.

Is Majik Daw your Nathan Lyon?

North to get the choccies.

I didn't realise Boyd was out for the Bulldogs, a huge out.

I think WB may have too much pace for Carlton.

If Levi Caboult doesn't fire, I can't see carlton kicking a winning score.

I'm hoping the boys can concentrate on the footy and not Phil Walsh's passing.

Bound to have had some close relationships with some players.

I think if anything, the heat should favour our boys.

I don't think we've got anything to be over confident about. Melbourne winning

at Skilled in their last outing should make it clear they're on the improve.

** Can't believe Daw is in the side at all, especially at Brown's expense.

555...It might sound like Daw is , but there is a couple of differences between Lyon and Daw. Mainly, Daw does have some talent. He is strong bodies and can take a good solid mark. He can also kick goals. Where he falls down has been his lack of effort off the ball. looked like he decided he would just be kicking some goals and it was up to the other players to get him the ball. Tackling? Nah, that wasn't for him. ball 20 metres away? Nah, too far to run. Some of that would be from lack of game awareness, so hopefully North has ironed out some of that while he has been in the reserves.

Lyon, of course, can barely roll his arm over and find the pitch with the ball. If it wasn't for him laughing at everyone else's jokes, remembering how many sugars people have in their coffees and his excellence in polishing players boots, he would be out of the team. We all like to have a happy fool about to make ourselves feel good.

• Like 1

Couple of interesting games today!

First up

North V Gold Coast

Farmerjo will be ecstatic to hear majak Daw is named in the forward starting line up in place of Sideshow Bob (ben brown). I have been predicting this for weeks now

Gold Coast have Ablett returning and Swallow returning. Bennell and Harbrow injured.

I still favor North here, but with Ablett in and North now playing with one player down due to Daw, anything could happen.

Bulldogs v Carlton. Carlton look good..good enough to beat the doggies? Doggies were lucky to squeeze the win against St Kilda last week. Both teams going for 3 wins in a row. First time since 20111 for the doggies. Tom Boyd out for the Dogs

Melbourne v West Coast. The Eagles are looking good this year...The midfield must have read Khun Will's postings and have found some more pace. Strong forward line. Melbourne? Well, they look competitive this year, just missing a couple of key players. Rumour has it they offered Hannerbery a 7 year deal... Anyway, they have Jesse Hogan back this week, so they could have the firepower to kick a winning score...Problem is they have Ripstanley's favourite player Heritier Lumumba out and I'm not sure the defence can contain the Weagles. Again though. It is being played in Darwin and that will favour Melourne and West coast will be over confident.

Bennell is out due to photos of him using drugs in 2013 surfaced. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-02/harley-bennell-in-new-suns-drug-storm

West Coast have never played in Darwin. The heat may get to them. It will be in the high 20s when they kick off.

Heritier Lumumba ? . I only have heard of Harry O'Brien

Sounds like you might be leaning towards Melbourne for an upset Rip

Hope my fortunes turn around,2 losses by 10 points,off to a flyerfacepalm.gif

Make that 3 by less than 30facepalm.gif

Richmond very very lucky to escape that game. GWS deserved that one.

N G E

Not good enough?

Could we be looking at a Richmond v West Coast grand final?

• Like 2

Ahhh, so good to see the return of old friends! North doing what they love to do best. Inconsistency

Gold coast ahead 35-24 at half time

North kicked 3 goals in the final 5 minutes of the 2nd term, 2 of those thanks to mistakes by Sydney discard Malceski

It was difficult to fault anything Majak Daw did in the first quarter, mainly because he didn't do anything. I know his mum was up in the stands and maybe she had messaged him to go buy her a nice pie with sauce so he had to leave the ground for that. To be fair to majak though, there were a lot of North players present on the ground yet strangely absent

• Like 1

Ahhh, so good to see the return of old friends! North doing what they love to do best. Inconsistency

North kicked 3 goals in the final 5 minutes of the 2nd term, 2 of those thanks to mistakes by Sydney discard Malceski

It was difficult to fault anything Majak Daw did in the first quarter, mainly because he didn't do anything. I know his mum was up in the stands and maybe she had messaged him to go buy her a nice pie with sauce so he had to leave the ground for that. To be fair to majak though, there were a lot of North players present on the ground yet strangely absent

Yep... majak Daw subbed out. There was some confusion about it as they couldn't find him on the ground

3 quarter time and looking like an easy Gold Coast win.

• Like 1

Yep... majak Daw subbed out. There was some confusion about it as they couldn't find him on the ground

Haha!! The lights went out, , on the tipping .

Hope the doggies can trump the Blues.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

Yes, I thought Majik was an inpspired pick.

Seriously though, how he got a game instead of Ben Brown is beyond mefacepalm.gif

• Like 1

Yes, I thought Majik was an inpspired pick.

Seriously though, how he got a game instead of Ben Brown is beyond mefacepalm.gif

Brown can pop up and do some magic...

majak seems to be lacking the magic.

North were awful anyway...so many mistakes...so many turnovers...it got worse as the game went on.

• Like 1