Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

They haven't allocated the points for the cancelled game yet. It will not change the winner who is Bookman. Well done.

My trip to Aust last week has taken its toll. I was in Queanbeyan and it was freezing.

Gets pretty darn cold there in Winter

The Mysteries of the Top 8

Freo #1. Still two wins clear, despite looking fairly ordinary their last 3 games. What is up with the Pav? They still have half their defence out with injury also. Still... to beat the tops teams come finals time I reckon they'd want to be finding a few more goals

West Coast #2

Weagles are #2 with a bullet this year. Chance of a home final? We will know soon enough

Next 6 weeks they have Freo, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Sydney.

Sydney #3

I'm lukewarm on Sydney this year. Defence is an issue for us and the forward line also. Too Buddy centric. I'd like to see more spread of goal kicking options. I'm putting forward the option of playing Josh Kennedy in the backline,. You heard it here first.. They'll be firtunate to be top 2.

Hawthorn #4

Collingwood could have beaten them last week if they had kicked a little straighter. Even with that, they look good, doing the little things right that get them across the line. Host of goal kicking options, good defence. Good mids. Perhaps a couple of aging midfielders and backmen could be a weakness?

Collingwood #5

I reckon #5 is about right for them.

Richmond #6

A bit like Port the other year. Underestimated and other teams under prepared in some ways. They will be figured out come years end. Top 8, not top 4

Bulldogs #7

Lot to like about the doggies this year. Their favorable draw should see them top 8 . Not sure they will pull of a win next week. They don't give up and they can score quickly. Out in first week of finals

Adelaide #8

Probably lucky-ish to be top 8. hadn't really got it together and will find it even harder now. Drop out of top 8

GWS. - Most likely to make it into teh 8. Anotehr favoroable draw and players returning from injury

Geelong

NOrth - Crikey! What can you say? They have lost ground this year to Collingwood, Richmond, GWS, Western Bulldogs, West Coast. Majak Daw could be their barometer of success. If he is in the team, tip against

Port - Can't see them making top 8 this year. Personally I don't like Chad Wingard. Looks like he is constantly whinging and complaining. Angry face Chad. They need a few more party tricks out on the playing field

• Like 2

They haven't allocated the points for the cancelled game yet. It will not change the winner who is Bookman. Well done.

My trip to Aust last week has taken its toll. I was in Queanbeyan and it was freezing.

I had to attend a funeral. I told my dad not to die in winter but he failed to listen.

I had to attend a funeral. I told my dad not to die in winter but he failed to listen.

That's no good. Sorry for your loss Rip.

• Like 2

Scott Camporeale has been appointed as Crows coach for the rest of the season, Woosha has been named as Director of Coaching... Crows Presser on now...

Geez

There's a strong Eagles presence with Darren Glass working there as well.

I'm not really sure how the Eages and Crows will respond this week.

• Like 1

Scott Camporeale has been appointed as Crows coach for the rest of the season, Woosha has been named as Director of Coaching... Crows Presser on now...

Geez

There's a strong Eagles presence with Darren Glass working there as well.

I'm not really sure how the Eages and Crows will respond this week.

Interesting coincidence.

Edited by joboss

Another week and another MRP full of surprises...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-06/full-match-review-panel-statement-round-14

"Contact between Port Adelaide's Jay Schulz and the Sydney Swans' Ted Richards from the third quarter of Thursday's match was assessed. The panel said Richards took possession of a loose ball and was tackled by Schulz from behind. In the course of the tackle, Richards’ head made forceful contact with the ground. It was the view of the panel that the tackle was not unreasonable in the circumstances. The panel said, in their view, the tackle was undertaken in one continuous motion, with no secondary action. It was determined no further action would be taken"

I bolded the explanation given by the MRP... I wonder what video they were watching...

• Like 1

Another week and another MRP full of surprises...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-06/full-match-review-panel-statement-round-14

"Contact between Port Adelaide's Jay Schulz and the Sydney Swans' Ted Richards from the third quarter of Thursday's match was assessed. The panel said Richards took possession of a loose ball and was tackled by Schulz from behind. In the course of the tackle, Richards’ head made forceful contact with the ground. It was the view of the panel that the tackle was not unreasonable in the circumstances. The panel said, in their view, the tackle was undertaken in one continuous motion, with no secondary action. It was determined no further action would be taken"

I bolded the explanation given by the MRP... I wonder what video they were watching...

To be honest, I thought under the current interpretation, he should get off.

The one that surprised me was Ivan Maric's : Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from Greater Western Sydney, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with medium impact to the head. The offence was classified as a two-match sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a one-match sanction.

If you watch the video, he looks straight at him, cocks his elbow and let's him have it.

For the life of me, I don't see how that isn't classed as intentional.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Charges laid:
Matthew Broadbent, Port Adelaide, has been charged with making unreasonable or unnecessary contact to an injured player (Luke Parker), during the third quarter of the Round 14 match between Port Adelaide and the Sydney Swans, played at the SCG on Thursday July 2, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Sydney Swans Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct, with low impact to the body. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1000 sanction.

Forward Hayden Ballantyne has been fined for wrestling during Fremante’s 36-point win over Brisbane on Sunday.

Ballantyne was fined $1500, reduced to $1000 with an early guilty plea, by the Match Review Panel on Monday for wrestling with Brisbane’s Darcy Gardiner in the second quarter of the match at Domain Stadium.

Gardiner was also fined $1500 over the incident.

No Jobe (shoulder op required), so no Essendon maybe, a bit like Ablett and the Suns.

Can't believe how bad Essendon are playing. They have got some good players but just don't seem to be able to put it together often enough.

How Hird is still coaching amazes me. The few bombers fans I know would be happy to see him go.

All the legal fees and 'educational' expenses for Hird and the supplements saga, got to be millions down the drain.

• Like 1

Well... well...well. Seems to me there is at least SIX 'fitty fitty' games this week!

A chance for tipsters to go from zero to hero; hero to zero; almost there, to there; almost there to further away.

Port v Collingwood

Richmond V Carlton

Essendon V Melbourne

Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast

North Melbourne v Geelong

West Coast v Adelaide

GWS v St Kilda

Hawthorn V Fremantle

Brisbane V Sydney

It could be said there are actually 8 games that could swing either way, adding in Richmond v Carlton and West coast v Adelaide.

Early thoughts anyone?

Well... well...well. Seems to me there is at least SIX 'fitty fitty' games this week!

A chance for tipsters to go from zero to hero; hero to zero; almost there, to there; almost there to further away.

Port v Collingwood

Richmond V Carlton

Essendon V Melbourne

West Coast v Adelaide

GWS v St Kilda

Hawthorn V Fremantle

Brisbane V Sydney

It could be said there are actually 8 games that could swing either way, adding in Richmond v Carlton and West coast v Adelaide.

Early thoughts anyone?

WCE v Crows will be my big interest. I am wondering if they will form the circle after the game because Adelaide has not done that yet.

i

Port v Collingwood

Richmond V Carlton

Essendon V Melbourne

West Coast v Adelaide

GWS v St Kilda

Hawthorn V Fremantle

Brisbane V Sydney

Early thoughts anyone?

Well, since you asked BookMan.

I'm over waiting for Port to play a blinder. The Pies have been good despite losing their last 2. Pies for me.

Tiges should beat Carlton but Carlton have caused them some grief in the past.

I think the Bombers have hit the wall, Demons.

WB at home should beat the revitalized Suns.

I think Geelong should win so I'm tipping Northblink.png

WC hopefully to beat Ade at home although I reckon anything could happen in this one.

GWS at home in a tight one.

hawthorn to beat Freo in Tassy. Freo are just going IMO.

Sydney to take care of Brisbane.

• Like 2

Port v Collingwood

Richmond V Carlton

Essendon V Melbourne

West Coast v Adelaide

GWS v St Kilda

Hawthorn V Fremantle

Brisbane V Sydney

Early thoughts anyone?

I'm over waiting for Port to play a blinder. The Pies have been good despite losing their last 2. Pies for me.

WC hopefully to beat Ade at home although I reckon anything could happen in this one.

Looking very similar to myself KhunWill

• Like 2

Port v Collingwood

Richmond V Carlton

Essendon V Melbourne

West Coast v Adelaide

GWS v St Kilda

Hawthorn V Fremantle

Brisbane V Sydney

Early thoughts anyone?

Rumours of Freo leaving some of the aged gentry in Perth for a spell.

They are in the ladder position to take the option.

Question is,,, Will tipsters take the punt?

• Like 1

Port v Collingwood

Richmond V Carlton

Essendon V Melbourne

West Coast v Adelaide

GWS v St Kilda

Hawthorn V Fremantle

Brisbane V Sydney

Early thoughts anyone?

Rumours of Freo leaving some of the aged gentry in Perth for a spell.

They are in the ladder position to take the option.

Question is,,, Will tipsters take the punt?

Duck said 3 weeks ago on Footy classifieds that Freo will probably rest the Big Pavlova

in this game.

Personally, I'd be surprised if any got rested. Pav played on the weekend with a severe

bout of gastro.

• Like 1

Duck said 3 weeks ago on Footy classifieds that Freo will probably rest the Big Pavlova

in this game.

Personally, I'd be surprised if any got rested. Pav played on the weekend with a severe

bout of gastro.

Explains why he has playing like sh.it

I'll be backing Hawthorn here regardless of the team Freo are sending.