Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

We've beaten WC this year so we are on a ride,i've phoned the boys tonight having played at Subi and given them the heads up on how to beat the Eagles.

Kick more goals.biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

As someone who has played 40 or 50 games on Subi oval I can tell you it takes more than one go to learn how to kick goals at the city end!

Up the Eagles!

attachicon.gifDead kangas.png

Haha!! Great photo. But,, that roo is laying down and not moving.

I doubt if the men in blue and white on next Saturday night will be as easy pickins.

• Like 2

We've beaten WC this year so we are on a ride,i've phoned the boys tonight having played at Subi and given them the heads up on how to beat the Eagles.

Kick more goals.biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

As someone who has played 40 or 50 games on Subi oval I can tell you it takes more than one go to learn how to kick goals at the city end!

Up the Eagles!

attachicon.gifDead kangas.png

Haha!! Great photo. But,, that roo is laying down and not moving.

I doubt if the men in blue and white on next Saturday night will be as easy pickins.

I still remember that 96 point thumping you gave us in a final a couple of years ago,its the only time i've turned a game off at half time.

Our record has improved a bit since then.

Eagles may have a few selection problems with injuries although its more about a game plan than individuals at that footy club.

Ah well.. The boys have been put out of their misery for the year... Thankfully there's the Rugby World Cup to keep me from going into total depression...

What a cluster <deleted> of footy that was. Nothing worked. Jetta was just <deleted> useless but for me it was Pyke who was worst on ground! The <deleted> Lumberjack cost us big time tonight, total brain farts. I think that's why Tippett spent so much time in the ruck was to keep Pyke from throwing the game completely away. <deleted> he was woeful. If Leuenburger isn't already headed down the Pacific Highway he <deleted> better be! Pyke can spend go back to being the back up ruckman. Clearly the experiment of the last 2 years hasn't worked well enough and ruckman are the new black.

I thought Rose played well enough, snuffed a sitter right in front but nothing like the 3 stooges act last week with Jack, Towers & Heeney. McGlynn was decent enough on Boomer (Captain Jack would've done better but probably <deleted> his knee in the process given the state of ANZ stadium)

Kicking the first goal of each quarter had me believing but the intensity just couldn't be maintained that and stupid off the ball free kicks just killed any momentum.

Best of luck to West Coast.

Pyke wasnt good..but still doesn't explain why Tippet started in the ruck. I actually thought Pyke must have been injured.

Goodes, Shaw and jetta gone....That's 700 games experience right there.

Just finished watching the game again.smile.png

Even thou Rohan was a bit flat,that run he made off the half backline was inspiring stuff.

But the best was his courage at the end not flinching contesting with Petrie.

Highlight for me was Ateley kicking the last Roos goal on his left when players could not kick them on their good side all night.

Next week,hard to compare our win over the Eagles earlier in the year as it was blowin a gale in Tassie.

We did beat them in Perth last year,Going to go down to the wire,we match up well.

Why is this happening?

Is it clubs wanting better players than whats avalible through delistings at clubs and the draft.

Players and their managers are pushing the envelope I would say. Brisbane foolishly let go a raft or young players when they didn't need to, and now it seems players are simply nominating the club they want to go , and a deal has to be done around that.

When players are openly saying they don't want to play for a club, despite being under contract, the AFL needs to get serious.

If GWS let him go, it will open up the floodgates even more next year

if the draft is to work, there has to be a lock in period where the player stays at the club he was chosen for, as long as that club can match any offer when the layer is out of contract. I was pretty sure that is how it is meant to work. Clubs invest a lot of money in young players they draft and many don't work out.

Otherwise, we will see more Chad Wingard developments. He told GWS that if they selected him in the draft he would leave after 2 years, because he wanted to play for Port. In my mind that is draft manipulation and the AFL should have fined young Chad and made it clear to GWS they could select him..

Why is this happening?

Is it clubs wanting better players than whats avalible through delistings at clubs and the draft.

Players and their managers are pushing the envelope I would say. Brisbane foolishly let go a raft or young players when they didn't need to, and now it seems players are simply nominating the club they want to go , and a deal has to be done around that.

When players are openly saying they don't want to play for a club, despite being under contract, the AFL needs to get serious.

If GWS let him go, it will open up the floodgates even more next year

if the draft is to work, there has to be a lock in period where the player stays at the club he was chosen for, as long as that club can match any offer when the layer is out of contract. I was pretty sure that is how it is meant to work. Clubs invest a lot of money in young players they draft and many don't work out.

Otherwise, we will see more Chad Wingard developments. He told GWS that if they selected him in the draft he would leave after 2 years, because he wanted to play for Port. In my mind that is draft manipulation and the AFL should have fined young Chad and made it clear to GWS they could select him..

The other way is to make the player sit out for 12months.

When i was sixteen playing colts i wanted to move from a successful club to a bottom dweller to play league football as there was no chance at the first club.The first club would not transfer me so the process was after the application had be forwarded 3 times to the league and rejected.I had to sit out of football for 12 months then it was automatic.

McCarthy must have fallen out of favour been made the sub a couple of games from the end and GWS do have an abundance of similar type players.

Who knows how the contracts are written up these days but normally the employer has it mainly there way.I presume it would be like a fixed term deposit,pull out early and you lose your benefits.

• Like 1

When i was sixteen playing colts i wanted to move from a successful club to a bottom dweller to play league football as there was no chance at the first club.The first club would not transfer me so the process was after the application had be forwarded 3 times to the league and rejected.I had to sit out of football for 12 months then it was automatic.

McCarthy must have fallen out of favour been made the sub a couple of games from the end and GWS do have an abundance of similar type players.

Who knows how the contracts are written up these days but normally the employer has it mainly there way.I presume it would be like a fixed term deposit,pull out early and you lose your benefits.

How did you go after your transfer?

How did you go after your transfer?

Two games of colts then into league for the new club.

Although the 12 months out hurt,by the time i got 2 seasons of Country league footy under my belt and headed to East Fremantle i had missed the oppurtunity to play a season of colts there and went straight into the reserves.Reserves at the time in the Wafl was dog eat dog with more often players playing for themselves to enhance their chance of being promoted and guys who came through the colts system were given better oppurtunitys.I only ended up staying one season then headed back to the country and later on Captain/Coached a couple of sides with the experience of what i learnt in Perth.At the time Ken Judge was the league coach and Tony Micale the reserves coach.

Dedication,training wasn't my strength after standing on a concrete floor in an engineering workshop for 12 hours a day.Its a little different today with the modern day player sitting on a lounge playing xbox until training comes around.

Like most who have been and had a go,you would prepare different second time around.I grew up playing kick to kick with a kid down the road called Jeremy Wasley,we were at Easts at the same time but his dedication was second to none and he even struggled to get a game,a couple of years later he changed clubs and won a Sandover Medal with Swan Districts.

The club i left most reconised player at afl was Murray Wrensted and the club i went to was probably Brad Rowe.A lot of good players out of that area.Brad Tunbridge played for you guys at the Swans and of course the current day guys of Kennedy,Cripp's etc.

• Like 1

Fremantle captain Matthew Pavlich has categorically denied suggestions that he has already made plans to retire at the end of the season.

Reports on Sunday claimed the 33-year-old was certain to hang up the boots when the Fremantle Dockers' season ends.

But Pavlich took to social media to dispel the claims and said he was yet to decide whether he would extend his career into a 17th season.

"(I) haven't read it [the article], but contrary to reports no decision has been made on my playing future. We have more important things to focus on!" Pavlich tweeted on Sunday.

"Some operate in a 'soupiness of truth' reporting facts that they wish to be true as opposed to facts that are categorically known to be true."

Just reading $170 for a good seat at the footy this weekend.

Is that reasonable these days.?

Given that earlier in the year $99 a ticket would get you something shitty at Adelaide Oval (fortunately I didn't have to cough up the dough for that one!) - I'm not surprised $170 gets you a good seat in the finals.

Pretty outrageous stuff these days.

• Like 2

Just reading $170 for a good seat at the footy this weekend.

Is that reasonable these days.?

I wouldn't think so but yes it could be, in the premier league they pay something like that for a normal home and away a game, in Melbourne a normal Aleague game is around 50% more than a regular AFL game, last time I went to a finals game about 15 years ago ticket was around $35 and a normal game $11....

That good seat might not be in a pocket, more like on a wing or half forward and more than likely not on way up high where us older mature gentlemen would need binoculars to see the game.

I spat the dummy and have voted by giving up my club membership and stay home watch the Dee's on tv when first game of the season I rock up to the MCG and find that the area I had been sitting in for years had become reserved seating meaning not only did I have to lash out on a seasons membership but had to pre pay for a seat I'd been getting for free for 20 years....&lt;deleted&gt; em money hungry bastards.

Believe it or not the AFL have been pushing and very happy if you stay home and watch the game on tv the last tv rights is a testimony to that...I'm cool with it, I haven't been to an AFL game in about 5 years but like to catch a couple of Victory games a season over summer at least they don't disappoint.

Bulldog Murphy captains All Australian team with 11 first-time players

Have a read of the team.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-22/all-australian-hurley-wins-nod-as-dogs-dominate-all-aus-backline

Bit surprised Josh Kennedy from Sydney wasn't in there

The players who made the squad and didn't get in would make a pretty handy team as well.

Bulldog Murphy captains All Australian team with 11 first-time players

Have a read of the team.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-22/all-australian-hurley-wins-nod-as-dogs-dominate-all-aus-backline

Bit surprised Josh Kennedy from Sydney wasn't in there

A couple of surprises there for me; Rioli, Riewoldt, Hurley & Mundy... Joey Kennedy, Tex Walker and Rory Laird missing out...

A fair bit different to the AFL Coaches Association All Australian side picked on Monday...

• Like 1

Dangerfield wants out: Star Crow confirms he wants to go home to Victoria
dangerfield200.jpg

Patrick Dangerfield has played his last game for Adelaide

Who's on the move? Check out the status of 2015's free agents

SUPERSTAR free agent Patrick Dangerfield intends to walk out on Adelaide after eight seasons and is expected to join Geelong in October.

The club confirmed on Wednesday that the 25-year-old would exercise his right as a restricted free agent and "return home to Victoria".

Dangerfield is widely tipped to sign with the Cats given the club's proximity to his hometown Moggs Creek. AFL.com.au believes a five or six-year deal is on the table worth $800,000 a year.

Adelaide now has the chance to match any offer the Cats make and CEO Andrew Fagan said the club would consider its options.

Dangerfield's top 10 greatest hits

"Whilst disappointing, we understand that Patrick's decision has been made for personal reasons," Fagan said.

"We will now consider our options, however, our members and supporters should rest assured that in doing so we will make decisions and take action that is in the best interests of our football club.”

Dangerfield's performance in 2015, amid intense and constant questioning over his future has been nothing short of phenomenal.

He averaged a career-best 26.8 disposals a game and was ranked second in the League for contested possessions.

He is expected to take out the Malcolm Blight Medal as club champion on Saturday night and is one of the favourites for Monday night's Brownlow Medal.

Dangerfield was drafted by the Crows with pick No.10 at the 2007 NAB AFL draft, taken ahead of home-town favourite Brad Ebert.

He has finished inside the top three in Adelaide's best and fairest in each of the past three seasons; he was runner-up to Scott Thompson in 2012 and third in 2013 and 2014.

WHAT IS AN AFL RESTRICTED FREE AGENT?
-Players in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club are eligible the first time they're out of contract, if they have been with the team at least eight years
-They have the right to move to a team of their choice, subject to the current club's first right of refusal over their services

-If the current side can 'match' the offer from a suitor club, the player must stay or enter the draft
-But the current team can still do a trade deal with the player's suitor club

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

So with Dangerfield notifying Adelaide that he wants to move home, Lewis Jetta has just advised the Swans...

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2015-09-23/club-statement-lewis-jetta

well...we all knew it..

I thought Jetta was a restricted free agent....but he is not..

This is an example where, he has been offered a contract and doesn't want it....so if Sydney cannot get a good trade..should jetta be allowed to go where he wants? Will West Coast / Freo be offering the same $$$?

To be frank...i don't want to keep him after this year...very poor effort form him and Longmire and staff don't seem to use him in the best manner anyway.

Pointless from both sides.

Speaking of odd happenings at Sydney...

Craig Bird....137 games, 26 years old. Was a lock in the side,..until round 5...then went the same way as Ryan o' Keefe....out of favour...

Birdy would be a wanted commodity at nearly any other club I would reckon

Sydney would have lost:

Goodes

jetta

Shaw

Bird

about 850 games experience there....

• Like 1