Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Well done Farmerjo good luck for next week.

How many long necks today?

Only 7 so far but could be a big nightthumbsup.gif

Sydney were gallant tonight with with what they had.

Into a prelim final fj.. you must be chuffed.

Well done to the boys.

North, Freo and west coast next week. A lot of interest still to come

• Like 1

Well done Farmerjo good luck for next week.

How many long necks today?

Only 7 so far but could be a big nightthumbsup.gif

Sydney were gallant tonight with with what they had.

Into a prelim final fj.. you must be chuffed.

Well done to the boys.

North, Freo and west coast next week. A lot of interest still to come

We've beaten WC this year so we are on a ride,i've phoned the boys tonight having played at Subi and given them the heads up on how to beat the Eagles.

Kick more goals.biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

We've beaten WC this year so we are on a ride,i've phoned the boys tonight having played at Subi and given them the heads up on how to beat the Eagles.

They will need to..tongue.png

Anything can happen on the day though.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Some comments on the game, from a Swans POV.

Coaching: I just don't get why they did not have Tippet up front for 80% of the game. Goldstein was going to dominate the ruck anyway, so just leave Pyke there and he can get exhausted doing stuff all. It was a major error from Johnny and the coaching staff. And why start Tippet in teh ruck??? Isn;t that what Pyke is tehre for. Our mots likely avenue to goal was Tuippet and we play him away from goal?????

Sydney's forward line was:

Dean Towers (16 AFL games)

Heeney (first year player who is a midfielder)

James Rose (in his second AFl game)

Adam Goodes.

It was too much to expect 3 inexperienced players to kick the goals in a major final. Sydney bombed too many chances and were totally ineffective coming inside the 50.

Moving rampe into the centre and pushing Rohan back was a good move. Almost worked. Some thought for next year there regarding Rohan. He could be an answer running off half back.

Jetta sucked. Probably his worst game for the Swans. His second worst was last weeks final. He should have been subbed out half way through the 2nd quarter. No pressure. No intent. Shameful 2 weeks from him. Clearly he is over playing at Sydney and he should be turfed out asap.
Looking forward; Sydney still has a sh.itload of youngsters, and is well placed for midfielders and forwards.. We lack a decent back up ruck, and we need another decent KPD.
Not a great finals series for Sydney and not a great second half to the year either. I said about 6 weeks back that Sydney wasn't going to win any finals the way they were playing. Well, they might have if they had Parker/jack/Buddy... but as it was, they couldn't hit the scoreboard.
I think this year is shaping up as a Hawthorn v West Coast feature, with West Coast looking likely. But. a week is a long time in football

Coaching: I just don't get why they did not have Tippet up front for 80% of the game. Goldstein was going to dominate the ruck anyway, so just leave Pyke there and he can get exhausted doing stuff all. It was a major error from Johnny and the coaching staff. And why start Tippet in teh ruck??? Isn;t that what Pyke is tehre for. Our mots likely avenue to goal was Tuippet and we play him away from goal?????

Adam Goodes.

It was too much to expect 3 inexperienced players to kick the goals in a major final. Sydney bombed too many chances and were totally ineffective coming inside the 50.

Moving rampe into the centre and pushing Rohan back was a good move. Almost worked. Some thought for next year there regarding Rohan. He could be an answer running off half back.

Jetta sucked. Probably his worst game for the Swans. His second worst was last weeks final. He should have been subbed out half way through the 2nd quarter. No pressure. No intent. Shameful 2 weeks from him. Clearly he is over playing at Sydney and he should be turfed out asap.
Looking forward; Sydney still has a sh.itload of youngsters, and is well placed for midfielders and forwards.. We lack a decent back up ruck, and we need another decent KPD.
Not a great finals series for Sydney and not a great second half to the year either. I said about 6 weeks back that Sydney wasn't going to win any finals the way they were playing. Well, they might have if they had Parker/jack/Buddy... but as it was, they couldn't hit the scoreboard.
I think this year is shaping up as a Hawthorn v West Coast feature, with West Coast looking likely. But. a week is a long time in football

Sounds harsh,retire Goodes half way thru the year and your still in it.

Pity help the club if he wants to go on and play 400 games.

Every other club hopes he plays on.Haven't seen a club in on field turmoil like the Swans this year.

Edited by farmerjo

Sorry boys I forgot about the tipping

This weeks winner is Will27 with 2/2 with the better margin. Farmerjo also had 2/2 and is the over all leader. Good luck for next week.

So Khun Willy Wonker backed the Roos after saying only interstate teamstongue.png

The question was who do you want to win, not who is going to winwink.png

• Like 1

Sorry boys I forgot about the tipping

This weeks winner is Will27 with 2/2 with the better margin. Farmerjo also had 2/2 and is the over all leader. Good luck for next week.

So Khun Willy Wonker backed the Roos after saying only interstate teamstongue.png

The question was who do you want to win, not who is going to winwink.png

Sydney to lose was a no brainer considering their injury problems and the self destructive behaviour of some of their big money stars.

A defensive game is good most of the time, but you need to kick goals to win finals.

I noted all their first half goals came from frees!

For the same reasons I think Hawthorn will slaughter Freo next week.

As someone who has played 40 or 50 games on Subi oval I can tell you it takes more than one go to learn how to kick goals at the city end!

Up the Eagles!

attachicon.gifDead kangas.png

Did you play in the WAFL?

As someone who has played 40 or 50 games on Subi oval I can tell you it takes more than one go to learn how to kick goals at the city end!

Up the Eagles!

Well chosen image Croc. cheesy.gif

Up the Eagles!

Yes next week is a completely different senario.

It will be very ugly if we start like last night giving away a 50 and goal.

Still,the pressures all on the Eagles,we have nothing to lose.smile.png

• Like 1

Adam Goodes.

Sitting in my hotel room on some island in the Phillipines I caught about 2 and a bit quarters the start and end.....sorry to say bookie you lost it in the middle, low intensity at the ball half forward line was well floundering due to under pressure midfielders, they played your game of 100% harassment.

It's ok to have a few players leave freshening of the list is required, you got found out in last years GF this was just a continuation, of course injuries take a toll but that happens to everyone.

Swans will bounce back Tippet seems to be earning is mulah now franklins return, they key for your club is to go after less high profile players which I'm sure is what is on there mind.....

Up the Eagles!

Yes next week is a completely different senario.

It will be very ugly if we start like last night giving away a 50 and goal.

Still,the pressures all on the Eagles,we have nothing to lose.smile.png

I would've thought you had a preliminary final to loserolleyes.gif

It's been a while since you've won one of thosetongue.png

• Like 1

Adam Goodes.

I thought Sydney were really pressing in the 3rd quarter and at one stage had 11 inside 50's to 3.

Missed some crucial chances though, none more than Rampe's which would've put you in front.

Kick that one and you have momentum, home crowd etc and it might've been different.

4.2 for the quarter killed you.

Your inexperienced forward line just couldn't stand up. Rose seem overawed, Heeney not up to his

usual standard. No goals from Towers or Rohan either.

Losing Reid last week was the straw that broke the camels back IMO.

• Like 2

I thought Sydney were really pressing in the 3rd quarter and at one stage had 11 inside 50's to 3.

Missed some crucial chances though, none more than Rampe's which would've put you in front.

Kick that one and you have momentum, home crowd etc and it might've been different.

Your inexperienced forward line just couldn't stand up. Rose seem overawed, Heeney not up to his

I wish it was 4.2!

From memory mate, it was 2.4 and inside 50s were in favour of Sydney 16 to 8 for the quarter? Awful watching for a Sydney fan.

Heeney was double marked much of the time. Just another reason Tippet should have been plonked up front, taking two defenders withh im

How do you feel about Jetta coming over, now you saw him play the last 2 weeks?

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

I reckon the AFL boffins and Clubs are going to have to be a bit stricter about players deciding they want to move clubs and the player choosing the clubs they are moving to. Brisbane needed to be harsher the last couple of years. If the player is not a unrestricted free agent, the clubs should be able to get the best deal for the player they can. That means the player could end up at any other club, whichever club offers the best deal.

This McCarthy situation is ridiculous. he is basically blackmailing GWS into trading him to freo, by saying he doesn't want to stay at GWS.

McCarthy determined to leave GWS: manager

GREATER Western Sydney forward Cam McCarthy's remains determined to leave the Giants, his manager Colin Young says.

The 20-year-old asked for a trade less than two weeks ago but the Giants rejected the request.

They have since expressed confidence in retaining him and claimed he is happy at the Giants.

However Young told AFL.com.au McCarthy "does not want to represent Greater Western Sydney going forward".

Trade whispers: Ruckmen in demand as suitors circle

The young Western Australian forward, who is contracted to the Giants until the end of 2017, had a break out season in just his second year kicking 35 goals in 20 games and earning a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination.

His name has been linked with Fremantle, which is keen to bolster its forward line, with skipper Matthew Pavlich nearing the end of his illustrious career.

On Saturday, Giants coach Leon Cameron said on the ABC they were confident McCarthy would stay despite being homesick.

He also said he had no indication from McCarthy that he wanted to leave when they spoke at the end of the season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-20/mccarthy-determined-to-leave-giants-says-manager

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

I wish it was 4.2!

From memory mate, it was 2.4 and inside 50s were in favour of Sydney 16 to 8 for the quarter? Awful watching for a Sydney fan.

Heeney was double marked much of the time. Just another reason Tippet should have been plonked up front, taking two defenders withh im

How do you feel about Jetta coming over, now you saw him play the last 2 weeks?

Yep

Was 2.4, sorry for the typo.

I also thought it was a bad move not playing Tippett from the square.

I'd really like him at Subi, but he has a real bad history of not standing up when it's hot.

In a poor side, I reckon he would be average at best.

Would give us good run and carry and would be doing party tricks if we were 5 goals up

but probably would't see much of him if we were 5 goals down.

To be honest, he would probably go better under Ross Lyon as he wouldn't tolerate players

not putting in when it's their time to go. I realise you need outside run and carriers as well as inside

players but I reckon he's too much one way.

Andrew Gaff was a bit like that but has really improved with maturity.

Seeing WC will have a low pick in the draft, I'd give the Swans our first pick for him.

• Like 1

I reckon the AFL boffins and Clubs are going to have to be a bit stricter about players deciding they want to move clubs and the player choosing the clubs they are moving to. Brisbane needed to be harsher the last couple of years. If the player is not a unrestricted free agent, the clubs should be able to get the best deal for the player they can. That means the player could end up at any other club, whichever club offers the best deal.

This McCarthy situation is ridiculous. he is basically blackmailing GWS into trading him to freo, by saying he doesn't want to stay at GWS.

GREATER Western Sydney forward Cam McCarthy's remains determined to leave the Giants, his manager Colin Young says.

The 20-year-old asked for a trade less than two weeks ago but the Giants rejected the request.

They have since expressed confidence in retaining him and claimed he is happy at the Giants.

However Young told AFL.com.au McCarthy "does not want to represent Greater Western Sydney going forward".

The young Western Australian forward, who is contracted to the Giants until the end of 2017, had a break out season in just his second year kicking 35 goals in 20 games and earning a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination.

His name has been linked with Fremantle, which is keen to bolster its forward line, with skipper Matthew Pavlich nearing the end of his illustrious career.

On Saturday, Giants coach Leon Cameron said on the ABC they were confident McCarthy would stay despite being homesick.

He also said he had no indication from McCarthy that he wanted to leave when they spoke at the end of the season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-20/mccarthy-determined-to-leave-giants-says-manager

I agree BookMan, it has gotten ridiculous.

He is still under contract <deleted>! Only 20 and he is trying this crap.

Word on the Soi is that Freo have offered him $750 000 per year for 4 years.

Somchai tells me all is not good at GWS and Leon Cameron doesn't have much respect from the playing group.

• Like 1

I agree BookMan, it has gotten ridiculous.

He is still under contract <deleted>! Only 20 and he is trying this crap.

Word on the Soi is that Freo have offered him $750 000 per year for 4 years.

Somchai tells me all is not good at GWS and Leon Cameron doesn't have much respect from the playing group.

Why is this happening?

Is it clubs wanting better players than whats avalible through delistings at clubs and the draft.

Adam Goodes.

Sitting in my hotel room on some island in the Phillipines I caught about 2 and a bit quarters the start and end.....sorry to say bookie you lost it in the middle, low intensity at the ball half forward line was well floundering due to under pressure midfielders, they played your game of 100% harassment.

It's ok to have a few players leave freshening of the list is required, you got found out in last years GF this was just a continuation, of course injuries take a toll but that happens to everyone.

Swans will bounce back Tippet seems to be earning is mulah now franklins return, they key for your club is to go after less high profile players which I'm sure is what is on there mind.....

The exit of the “prince of preciousness” has got to be a positive for footy in general.

Even had to make a difficult day for a great team all about himself. What a knob spanker!

• Like 1