Nasa Satellite picture: Unhealthy smoke over Thailand

Oleolf

4 minutes ago, losworld said:

Face is important so what they will do is try to control the media and if they can't control the press they will shoot water and molasses into the air until the smoke clears.  By the way what happened to Prayut and his seven days I still see CM is dangerously high. 

too busy collecting Big Joke's Uniform. 

"For more than a month, northern Thailand has been experiencing unhealthy, elevated levels of smoke and air pollution. "

It's actually been 6 months, but who's counting. When the rains stopped in October the pollution levels rose immediately as they do every year during this period. Simple formula for northern Thailand: No rain = lots of pollution in the air.

Sounds like another month to go. Then rains for 5 months yielding improved air quality, then we'll be quickly right back to this mess all over again well before the year is out.

• Like 1

Op title, 'Unhealthy smoke over Thailand.'

It actually says unhealthy levels of smoke and pollution.  I am not entirely convinced that there is such a thing as healthy smoke.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chicken George said:

You are so wrong! High PM2.5 in Central in the North...

We're in middle, some heavy showers day before yesterday evening, blue sky afternoon, moon and some stars at night. 

7 hours ago, fantom said:

Op title, 'Unhealthy smoke over Thailand.'

It actually says unhealthy levels of smoke and pollution.  I am not entirely convinced that there is such a thing as healthy smoke.

Hmmmm. Perhaps you're right, but one type is certainly more enjoyable than the others.

We need to encourage the good kind to come.

Good smoke in, Bad smoke out.

• Haha 2