Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

The universe is very unforgiving. It will evolve just the way it needs to and nothing will stop it.

Sometime in the future, it will take away the sun and the planets including the Earth and all life on it, and no God or superior being will stop it. ????

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 8:54 AM, mauGR1 said:

As long as thoughts are real, so is spiritual science, to dismiss it is ignorance and laziness.

God cannot be proven, and so is the absence of God, but there are many clues, imo, that there is an intelligent design, the patterns can be seen, from the smallest particle to the infinite of the universe, and science itself is a proof of it.

Often referred to as the 'look at the trees' argument.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, notmyself said:

You may find this of interest....

http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/

Interesting, but nothing new here.

Every honest spiritual scientist knows that words are imperfect and cannot be enough accurate in describing spiritual realities.

I am waiting for some scientist to explain what is the infinite, until then, science is just another imperfect explanation of reality.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elad said:

The universe is very unforgiving. It will evolve just the way it needs to and nothing will stop it.

Sometime in the future, it will take away the sun and the planets including the Earth and all life on it, and no God or superior being will stop it. ????

Just like any common earthquake or tsunami... so, what's your point? What does that prove?

8 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Interesting, but nothing new here.

Every honest spiritual scientist knows that words are imperfect and cannot be enough accurate in describing spiritual realities.

I am waiting for some scientist to explain what is the infinite, until then, science is just another imperfect explanation of reality.

"Spiritual realities"? Total nonsense. An absurd use of words. 

Science has never claimed to be perfect. That is the honesty of it. It only provides the best current explanation, with the available knowledge and data, through a rigorous, repeatable, testable and highly scrutinized process called the Scientific Method. It is always open to more and better data and is ready and willing to correct itself when such is presented and often does. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

"Spiritual realities"? Total nonsense. An absurd use of words. 

Science has never claimed to be perfect. That is the honesty of it. It only provides the best current explanation, with the available knowledge and data, through a rigorous, repeatable, testable and highly scrutinized process called the Scientific Method. It is always open to more and better data and is ready and willing to correct itself when such is presented and often does. 

LoL
In the same post you say spiritual realities are absurd and total nonsense, then you go on saying science is not perfect and is always open to new data. Science maybe, but you? ????????
I mean, can't you see the blatant hypocrisy?

Edited by Sunmaster

11 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

LoL
In the same post you say spiritual realities are absurd and total nonsense, then you go on saying science is not perfect and is always open to new data. Science maybe, but you? ????????
I mean, can you not see the blatant hypocrisy?

No.

Absolute B-U-N-K and nonsense salad is all you serve up. Provide 1 shred of evidence (actual not BS and not meaningless, subjective personal experience) and then we can have a dialog. Until then...enjoy your "woo" buffet. ????

• Sad 1

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:28 AM, Elad said:

That is all designed into the universe. Everything ends, but perhaps a new universe will be created from the ashes of the old.

• Like 1

I'm a fully grown atheist who'd perhaps convert back to Roman Catholicism if I find a way to make wine out of water. Damn and walking home on the oceans, instead of flying with non-functioning Boings Max 8 would save a lot of money. When Adam created the women, he must have done many things wrong. 

Hallelujah, let's all sing it now. Where's Trans? 1...2...3....

Helelujah.png

Edited by Isaanbiker

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How anyone can go out on a clear dark night and see all those uncountable billions of stars and not wonder if there is something larger than us is beyond me.

We, the human race are an insignificant speck in the infinite universe, and our existence will last for a cosmic blink.

Some days i wake up an agnostic, specially on Mondays and cloudy days, but even then, when observing the regular movements of the stars and the planets, i have to think : " if this is chaos and not intelligent design, it's a damn well organised chaos".

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How anyone can go out on a clear dark night and see all those uncountable billions of stars and not wonder if there is something larger than us is beyond me.

We, the human race are an insignificant speck in the infinite universe, and our existence will last for a cosmic blink.

Another variant of the 'look at the trees' argument coupled with what is essentially a false claim. It's beyond me how people can use one set of logic for most of life and another for the 'god' question. Person 'x' is going to make a cup of tea and asks person 'y' if they would like one. When person 'y' declines it simply means they don't want one but with the 'god' question logic it means that they want something other than tea and this 'knowledge' is pulled out of thin air. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Some people say God exists only in the minds of men, but atheists say that He does not exist at all.

Not so. Very few atheists make the positive claim that "it" does not exist, but rather reject or don't buy the believer's positive claim that "it" does...due to lack of any evidence or demonstration. Faith is not an acceptable answer, nor is it a reliable pathway to truth. 

(A billion bucks exists in my mind, but the nonbelieving bankers don't buy it and bellow BS!) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not so. Very few atheists make the positive claim that "it" does not exist, but rather reject or don't buy the believer's positive claim that "it" does...due to lack of any evidence or demonstration.

Yep. It's quite simple yet some just can't fathom it... Another example.

Fella says he collects stamps (stampcollector) and asks of me. I state that I don't collect stamps (astampcollector). That is ALL the information so when [if] he states that I must collect something else or that I deny stamps exist, he is pulling this 'information' out of thin air.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not so. Very few atheists make the positive claim that "it" does not exist, but rather reject or don't buy the believer's positive claim that "it" does...due to lack of any evidence or demonstration. Faith is not an acceptable answer, nor is it a reliable pathway to truth. 

(A billion bucks exists in my mind, but the nonbelieving bankers don't buy it and bellow BS!) 

That would be an agnostic.  A lot of atheists pretend to be agnostic, but they're kidding no-one but themselves.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

That would be an agnostic.  A lot of atheists pretend to be agnostic, but they're kidding no-one but themselves.

Good point.

Skeptic pointed out in a reply to a post of mine, that I'm what he considers an atheist agnostic - which made me think, and I realised he was correct.  i.e. I don't believe in a theist 'god', whilst being open to forces that we are unable to comprehend or understand.

• Like 2

I'm not for forcing my beliefs on others, but it seems to me that atheists are as bent on "converting" us believers as the dedicated fringe of religious fanatics are.

Can we not just have a conversation without the ridicule for views not in accordance with my own?

I believe in something greater ( spiritually ) than us, but if someone doesn't that's up to them.

BTW, IMO there are no atheists in a foxhole with the shells exploding all around.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Good point.

Skeptic pointed out in a reply to a post of mine, that I'm what he considers an atheist agnostic - which made me think, and I realised he was correct.  i.e. I don't believe in a theist 'god', whilst being open to forces that we are unable to comprehend or understand.

IMO one is either an atheist or an agnostic, not both.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO one is either an atheist or an agnostic, not both.

If there is a "God" then there should not be a zillion religions on Earth that all seem to think theirs is the only "God", of which some want to kill off the other cos they think they are wrong with their "God"....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, notmyself said:

It's beyond me how people can use one set of logic for most of life and another for the 'god' question.

I respect other people meaning of logic, but that doesn't mean that everyone should use logic in the same way.

“As Above, So Below”
Hermes Trismegistus

This quote is often cited, as a short, but meaningful explanation of what we call reality.

7 minutes ago, transam said:

If there is a "God" then there should not be a zillion religions on Earth that all seem to think theirs is the only "God", of which some want to kill off the other cos they think they are wrong with their "God"....

As I pointed out way back, religion is nothing to do with spirituality. No one has any communication with "God".

The men in funny hats use religion to control the masses and get powerful. Eg, does the catholic church with all it's wealth actually follow the teachings of the Christ? ie to sell all that one has and give to the poor.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I respect other people meaning of logic, but that doesn't mean that everyone should use logic in the same way.

“As Above, So Below”
Hermes Trismegistus

This quote is often cited, as a short, but meaningful explanation of what we call reality.

Reminds me of US Presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway stating that the administration uses alternative facts. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can we not just have a conversation without the ridicule for views not in accordance with my own?

I believe in something greater ( spiritually ) than us, but if someone doesn't that's up to them.

there-is-no-polite-way-to-suggest-to-someone-that-they-have-devoted-their-life-to-a-folly-quote-1.jpg.aad1ed2f37a981ed8a4b285c7f523cc5.jpg

• Like 2