Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

5 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Atheists have no explanation for the origin of life or mankind’s sinful nature, in spite of their noises to the contrary.  The God of the Bible, on the other hand, has given us the only historical basis for understanding the origin of the human gene—and mankind’s sinful nature—His Word.

Not only is the Creator God the source of all life and the source of our knowledge about life, He is our only hope (through Jesus Christ, the Creator/Savior/Redeemer) to escape the consequences of our evil nature, which blinds us to His truths (1 Corinthians 2:14) and causes us to seek our own way (Romans 3:11).

No one have an explonation! It is still a mystery, thats leads to misery, and people wo exploit peoples insecutity and hunger for an explanation! 

17 hours ago, Tagged said:

No one have an explonation! It is still a mystery, thats leads to misery, and people wo exploit peoples insecutity and hunger for an explanation! 

Only people lead people to misery. God certainly didn't. Even if men do evil in god's name, that just a human invention, not divine.

There are those that like to attribute their crimes to god, but it's just them wanting to be bad people and pretending it's for a greater cause. Some people are just evil, and I've met a lot of them in my life.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:56 AM, mauGR1 said:

..And, you said repeatedly that you see the presence of God in the shining stars, which I agree, why don't you see the same in all the disasters which afflict humankind ? The way I see it, if God exists, it's beyond good and bad, and good and bad are there to teach us lessons.

Without wishing to criticize, I know that life can be extremely hard sometimes, but the image of a good, all-forgiving God sounds false to me.

You are thinking sensibly then. The mistake all the nay sayers make is to attribute human qualities to the divine. God has, IMO, no more love for humans than for bugs. Everything is part of creation and everything we see comes from the creator. The creator made the universe, and imbued the spark of life into it. What happened after that is of no more significance than we have for an ant farm. It's interesting to look at the little life forms doing what they do, but each individual ant is unimportant.

God doesn't make our disasters, either we make them- wars and cruelty- or they are a by product of the environment we live in- earthquakes, tsunamis and climate change.

Why would God that created uncountable stars and planets and life forms be concerned with each individual life form. How many life forms exist on Earth? Every mammal, bird, fish and microbe, every plant and spore. Multiply that by every planet in the universe, and know the answer.

Thing about humans is- we are so vain that we think we are important and that we are the center of the universe and everything is about us. LOL.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, yodsak said:

Looks like you may have been indoctrinated at some stage CMN.. 

I believe you have the term "indoctrinated" confused with common sense.  Not everyone possesses common sense as you can tell when reading many of the comments regarding who created the universe.  Some of these posters actually believe humans, animals, sea life, and plant life originated billions of years ago, from some mysterious organism in some mud puddle.

Anyone curious enough to read the Bible who possesses a reading and comprehension level of a sixth grader, would understand God created us along with the universe and everything in it.  When one looks at DNA in humans, animals, sea life and plant life, there is no other logical conclusion one could come up with other than an intelligent designer "God."

God inspired about forty different authors over a fifteen hundred year time period to write an instructional manual called the Bible to explain why we are on this planet, along with how all this was created.  God made it crystal clear our lives on earth have meaning and we are all destined to stand before Jesus when we die.  

Armed with this knowledge, I would not want to spend my life as an atheist denying God's existence and that Jesus Christ didn't die on the cross so we could have eternal life in Heaven instead of spending eternity in hell.  It seems like an easy decision to make but it appears many who post silly comments on this site find it difficult to believe God would give us such a gift.  

It costs to be stupid.  The stupider you are, the more it costs. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only people lead people to misery. God certainly didn't. Even if men do evil in god's name, that just a human invention, not divine.

There are those that like to attribute their crimes to god, but it's just them wanting to be bad people and pretending it's for a greater cause. Some people are just evil, and I've met a lot of them in my life.

You are right, only people lead people to misery, and create an realigion with answer to all the big questions, is one of them, and even worse, make people believe it is the truth, based on faith only,. 

However, religion have trough a long battle, wars, and brainwashing finely led us to the welth we see in the west these days, but it will not last, since the road have been paved with death, abuse and ruining our true nature. We are animals, nothing else, and we as animals is driven by instincts, even our instincts is still being polished with brainwashing day out and day in. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tagged said:

You are right, only people lead people to misery, and create an realigion with answer to all the big questions, is one of them, and even worse, make people believe it is the truth, based on faith only,. 

However, religion have trough a long battle, wars, and brainwashing finely led us to the welth we see in the west these days, but it will not last, since the road have been paved with death, abuse and ruining our true nature. We are animals, nothing else, and we as animals is driven by instincts, even our instincts is still being polished with brainwashing day out and day in. 

Which is why I don't believe in religion, but only faith.

We are animals, but animals with choice. Our bodies are biological machines that carry our "selves" around. I believe that life comes from "the other side" and when our bodies die our "selves" go back from whence they came. I do not know if we are individuals on "the other side" or just part of a great "hive" intelligence. 

Atheists do not believe in a creator or life beyond death, so what is there to stop them doing as much evil as they want? If there are no consequences after death, just go out and be selfish and do bad things. If there are no consequences, just be another Mao- kill millions and so what? He and Stalin died after lives without restraint. Do they escape consequences in the hereafter?

Most of us have a conscience, which I believe is implanted by the creator, else we would be in the land of the strongest rules.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, notmyself said:

891.jpg.b451b1f704b4ea2bbb2b95684227fc26.jpg

All at the low price of the surrender your mental facalties. Faith is the word used to discribe the belief in something for no good reason. 

Instead of posting silly cartoons to amuse your immature like minded friends, maybe you can explain how humans, animals, sea life, and plant life have such complex DNA.  Try to do this without the aid of cartoons.  

2 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Instead of posting silly cartoons to amuse your immature like minded friends, maybe you can explain how humans, animals, sea life, and plant life have such complex DNA.  Try to do this without the aid of cartoons.  

If it simplifies and gives meaning to your life to believe in an all-knowing god of creation, good for you, but just don't expect everyone else to swallow that hogwash.

• Like 2

Just now, giddyup said:

If it simplifies and gives meaning to your life to believe in an all-knowing god of creation, good for you, but just don't expect everyone else to swallow that hogwash.

Does this mean you have no idea how humans, animals, sea life, and plant life have such complex DNA?  Do you still think something came from nothing?  

One thing is for certain, we will all experience a physical death and will all stand before God to be judged on what we did and didn't do with our time on earth.  I would think you would have sleepless nights pondering this thought.  

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most of us have a conscience,

That is also why us atheists(bad people)do not go around killing and raping.We also seem to know the difference between good and bad.

I do not need to be scared into trying to do the right thing.

Maybe that makes me a better person?You are using another very old argument,it gets very boring.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 11:28 AM, CMNightRider said:

I believe you have the term "indoctrinated" confused with common sense.  Not everyone possesses common sense as you can tell when reading many of the comments regarding who created the universe.  Some of these posters actually believe humans, animals, sea life, and plant life originated billions of years ago, from some mysterious organism in some mud puddle.

Anyone curious enough to read the Bible who possesses a reading and comprehension level of a sixth grader, would understand God created us along with the universe and everything in it.  When one looks at DNA in humans, animals, sea life and plant life, there is no other logical conclusion one could come up with other than an intelligent designer "God."

God inspired about forty different authors over a fifteen hundred year time period to write an instructional manual called the Bible to explain why we are on this planet, along with how all this was created.  God made it crystal clear our lives on earth have meaning and we are all destined to stand before Jesus when we die.  

Armed with this knowledge, I would not want to spend my life as an atheist denying God's existence and that Jesus Christ didn't die on the cross so we could have eternal life in Heaven instead of spending eternity in hell.  It seems like an easy decision to make but it appears many who post silly comments on this site find it difficult to believe God would give us such a gift.  

It costs to be stupid.  The stupider you are, the more it costs. 

Can you tell mewhich god i have to believe in?There are so many.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jvs said:

Can you tell mewhich god i have to believe in?There are so many.

That would be the God who is in the Holly Bible, who sent his only Son, Jesus Christ to die on a cross for all who ask for forgiveness and is willing to repent of sin.  I can only guess, English is not your first language by the way you write but thanks for asking.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, jvs said:

That is also why us atheists(bad people)do not go around killing and raping.We also seem to know the difference between good and bad.

I do not need to be scared into trying to do the right thing.

Maybe that makes me a better person?You are using another very old argument,it gets very boring.

God programed all humans to know the difference between right and wrong.  Atheists are no different from anyone else when it comes to commiting crimes.  

However, atheists appear to be blinded when it comes to the belief in God, which is why you should read the Bible so you can know the truth.  There is nothing "boring" when it comes to what God wants us to know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

I would think you would have sleepless nights pondering this thought.  

Sleep like a baby. All that fire and brimstone <deleted> is for the really ignorant masses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Have you figured out the DNA yet?  

Justify the slaughter of millions in the name of Christ. Just because you believe a god created the "something from nothing" scenario, don't make it so. You are just trying to give an explanation for something that is beyond our comprehension.

Edited by giddyup

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

That would be the God who is in the Holly Bible, who sent his only Son, Jesus Christ to die on a cross for all who ask for forgiveness and is willing to repent of sin.  I can only guess, English is not your first language by the way you write but thanks for asking.

No it is not and the holly bible is just one of many books written by people.

How can you be so arrogant and ignorant as to think the god you happen to believe in is the only one?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Just wondering what constitutes a legitimate definition of god?Also what constitutes an illegitimate definition of god?If I define god as 'something which exists' then how can god not exist?

I can say the tooth fairy exists, doesn't make it so. The Romans and Greeks had many gods, did they really exist?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

They haven't done so in the name of God, but they've done so (aplenty) in the name of other beliefs.

Murderers will hide behind any ideology in the hope to justify themselves. Fool who believes the words of a murderer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

They haven't done so in the name of God, but they've done so (aplenty) in the name of other beliefs.

Are they atheists or just believers in an alternate god?

Edited by giddyup

3 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

One thing is for certain, we will all experience a physical death and will all stand before God to be judged on what we did and didn't do with our time on earth.  I would think you would have sleepless nights pondering this thought.  

Great stuff there boss. Golden ladders, golden staircases, golden thrones, golden crowns!!

Is it only Johnny Cash and CMNightRider who knows all this stuff? Fantastic music, but the words!!! He had well lost at the end but, did the original when he was just 30.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Are they atheists or just believers in an alternate god?

They were atheists as they had no official religion in their country, nor did they believe in any God. They did have an ideology though, which unfortunately was enough to legitimize the killing of millions of people. 
Religion is not a prerogative for mass murder. Any divisive ideology will do just fine, and being atheist certainly doesn't prevent that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I can say the tooth fairy exists, doesn't make it so. The Romans and Greeks had many gods, did they really exist?

Perhaps you could define the tooth fairy and also god then I can make a judgement on wether either of them exist.If I don't understand what you mean by tooth fairy or god how can I say if they exist or not.For me the tooth fairy was who ever put the 2 cent coin under my pillow and removed the tooth,and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Santa because it was the wrong time of the year!The tooth fairy exists in your mind as a concept so the concept of the tooth fairy exists.If the tooth fairy exists as a concept then the tooth fairy exists.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
Add text