Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Thanks for the replies, but to me it reads like folk who have been brainwashed, similar to that other religion who are going round killing folk for no other reason than their interpretation of a book, which reminds me of JW's, their own version of their book.

Children are dying from disease or starving all over the world, they have been for centuries, yet your "god" allows that, useless things like Mosquitoes have also been killing men, women and children for centuries, one of your "gods" creations, I guess.

As for the religious books, well, books and newspapers to this day are filled with lies, assumptions, proper gander, fiction, so virtually nothing can be proven as fact.. 

2 hours ago, transam said:

But perhaps you can answer my question correctly, the son of the Christian "god" performed miracles, well it is written that he did, so what are your thoughts on that...?

You had a question and - politely - asked my thoughts about the issue.

So I did provide them.

What you do with it, dismiss it. ponder it or ridicule it, is entirely up to you.

But I will not respond to your response which has once again gone completely off topic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

You had a question and - politely - asked my thoughts about the issue.

So I did provide them.

What you do with it, dismiss it. ponder it or ridicule it, is entirely up to you.

But I will not respond to your response which has once again gone completely off topic.

"Gone completely off topic", really...?  ????

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Seems I cannot be brainwashed then, and you cannot show any facts, only the way you want to twist stuff in your head so you can go along with a religion.. 

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Thanks for the replies, but to me it reads like folk who have been brainwashed, similar to that other religion who are going round killing folk for no other reason than their interpretation of a book, which reminds me of JW's, their own version of their book.

Children are dying from disease or starving all over the world, they have been for centuries, yet your "god" allows that, useless things like Mosquitoes have also been killing men, women and children for centuries, one of your "gods" creations, I guess.

As for the religious books, well, books and newspapers to this day are filled with lies, assumptions, proper gander, fiction, so virtually nothing can be proven as fact.. 

So you can eat the meat of intelligent mammals and whatnot, kill the useless mosquitoes and pollute the planet with pollution of various kind, and I'm not saying that I'm completely innocent, but then, why do you expect some God to make your life perfect and free of any inconvenience ? And if your life was perfect wouldn't you complain that is boring ?

5 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

And I said it a million times....I don't follow any religion. To me, religions are more like stepping stones to something much bigger.

That's a very poetic image, and "Many rivers to cross" is a very inspirational song.. and a powerful metaphor for the spiritual path.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

You are probably more brainwashed than you can imagine actually. And more dangerously, your thinking is rigidly stuck in a rut which leaves you blind to many facets of life. But up to you, it's your life, it surely doesn't affect mine.

And I said it a million times....I don't follow any religion. To me, religions are more like stepping stones to something much bigger.

I could be, but I do know, because fact, that dinosaurs roamed our planet for 165 million years, they burned out 65 million years back, but humans a mere 6 million years in evolution, starting out as a microbe to an ape man to a human. No Adam and Eve, chaps.

The above is fact, scientifics have given us the answers, but non have given us any facts about "gods", it's just man's imagination. 

Why would a god create the ice age, a bit of fun perhaps..????   

19 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

why do you expect some God to make your life perfect and free of any inconvenience

If i was a god i would do that for you and everyone else,just because i was God.

21 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

So you can eat the meat of intelligent mammals and whatnot, kill the useless mosquitoes and pollute the planet with pollution of various kind, and I'm not saying that I'm completely innocent, but then, why do you expect some God to make your life perfect and free of any inconvenience ? And if your life was perfect wouldn't you complain that is boring ?

You have missed out the suffering of starving children, children suffering and dying from disease or insects, all "gods" creations...

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

If this was the only life we get, that would make anyone angry and not trust God, but this is only a short life, and a test, for a permanent life afterwards.

Can you prove that...?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

You have missed out the suffering of starving children, children suffering and dying from disease or insects, all "gods" creations...

Change what you can change, if you can, and accept that this world is far from perfect.

I have to take notice again that you are not answering even simple questions.

• Like 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Can you disprove it?

????........So you cannot prove it. As I said earlier, facts prove things, there are no facts on afterlife, just wishful thinking by folk like you...

Most creatures on our planet have evolved in their own different way to become what they are. Most creatures on our planet eat another creature to survive, even fish do the same.

Humans eat animals to survive, that's how we evolved to our present form. So it seems your "god" created a whole bunch of creatures to go round killing and eating each other.

As all creatures are mainly built the same, heart, lungs etc, I reckon that where you think you will be going will be full of creatures of all shapes and sizes to greet and eat you....????

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Change what you can change, if you can, and accept that this world is far from perfect.

I have to take notice again that you are not answering even simple questions.

But you had a son of "god" that could do miracles, the book says so, but the world is full of suffering, didn't your god create all this stuff over 7 days, including kids suffering...?

PS. List your simple questions, I must have missed them...There's a good chap...And try and answer mine, 165 million years of dinosaurs, humans starting off as microbes etc...

26 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

If this was the only life we get, that would make anyone angry and not trust God, but this is only a short life, and a test, for a permanent life afterwards.

From dust to dust is not eternal life. Life is only eternal as long you reproduce and your kids reproduce and so on! 

Djengis Khan for sure became eternal as long humans exists! 

Just now, transam said:

????........So you cannot prove it. As I said earlier, facts prove things, there are no facts on afterlife, just wishful thinking by folk like you...

Most creatures on our planet have evolved in their own different way to become what they are. Most creatures on our planet eat another creature to survive, even fish do the same.

Humans eat animals to survive, that's how we evolved to our present form. So it seems your "god" created a whole bunch of creatures to go round killing and eating each other.

As all creatures are mainly built the same, heart, lungs etc, I reckon that where you think you will be going will be full of creatures of all shapes and sizes to greet and eat you....????

Heaven has no pain, fear, disease, anger or despair. Life here does. We will be given a new perfect body. maybe animals will be all vegetarians in heaven. Who knows? I'm thinking eating is such a pleasure, God won't take that away. Maybe we will have all our lost and loved pets.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

A TEST ????

But but isn't your god al-mighty, all-good and all-knowing? Surely he can predict the results of this TEST??? And if you are going to reply by talking about free will, what about dying babies, which TEST did they fail?

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 12:42 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I like the Islamic rule that anything that is not banned is permitted.

Trouble is, just about everything is banned.  ????

On 8/3/2020 at 12:42 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I have yet to read anything in the sayings of the Christ banning Soi 6, prostitution, or having a good time in Soi 6 with prostitutes.

Are you sure a night out on Soi 6 doesn't breach one of the ten commandments?  ????

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 12:36 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think he was complaining about your sense of humour, just where you were using it.

In Genesis, God said, "Let there be internet."    

God invented the internet for the humour of humans.  ???? 

Just now, oldhippy said:

A TEST ????

But but isn't your god al-mighty, all-good and all-knowing? Surely he can predict the results of this TEST??? And if you are going to reply by talking about free will, what about dying babies, which TEST did they fail?

They're in heaven. Life here as we know it might have some good things, but most of the time it isn't much fun. Another life after this that has no pain or problems doesn't compare. We are supposed to be all the age of Christ when he died..................

The Optimum Age

Most agree that the age of 30-33 is the optimum time when we reach our mental and physical peak. At age 30 Jesus entered into His earthly ministry. Men could not even enter the Levitical priesthood until they were the age of 30. But does this mean this is the age we’ll be when we enter into glory? And what about babies who die before they’re old enough to understand what repentance and faith are (Mark 1:15)? How old will a baby who dies here on earth be in the kingdom? Besides, how can a young child know enough to be saved if they can’t even talk or read. All I know for certain is the Bible is silent on this subject. We just cannot say for certain, but many believe we’ll revert to the age of 30-33 after we die and enter the kingdom of heaven, or if Jesus returns before we die. It would seem logical because that’s the average age of a human’s greatest mental and physical potential; however, older people are still growing and can increase their spiritual or biblical knowledge. The truth is, it takes a lifetime of sanctification to grow in holiness. So old age doesn’t mean a person’s less spiritual; in fact, they may be more so as they age.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Trouble is, just about everything is banned.  ????

Are you sure a night out on Soi 6 doesn't breach one of the ten commandments?  ????

Hasjis is not banned, and if they marry in the evening, they can divorce in the morning! 

17 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Heaven has no pain, fear, disease, anger or despair. Life here does. We will be given a new perfect body. maybe animals will be all vegetarians in heaven. Who knows? I'm thinking eating is such a pleasure, God won't take that away. Maybe we will have all our lost and loved pets.

Im guessing it comfor you to believe that before you die, it is understandable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

They're in heaven. Life here as we know it might have some good things, but most of the time it isn't much fun. Another life after this that has no pain or problems doesn't compare. We are supposed to be all the age of Christ when he died..................

The Optimum Age

Most agree that the age of 30-33 is the optimum time when we reach our mental and physical peak. At age 30 Jesus entered into His earthly ministry. Men could not even enter the Levitical priesthood until they were the age of 30. But does this mean this is the age we’ll be when we enter into glory? And what about babies who die before they’re old enough to understand what repentance and faith are (Mark 1:15)? How old will a baby who dies here on earth be in the kingdom? Besides, how can a young child know enough to be saved if they can’t even talk or read. All I know for certain is the Bible is silent on this subject. We just cannot say for certain, but many believe we’ll revert to the age of 30-33 after we die and enter the kingdom of heaven, or if Jesus returns before we die. It would seem logical because that’s the average age of a human’s greatest mental and physical potential; however, older people are still growing and can increase their spiritual or biblical knowledge. The truth is, it takes a lifetime of sanctification to grow in holiness. So old age doesn’t mean a person’s less spiritual; in fact, they may be more so as they age.

About those death babies..... QUOTE: They're in heaven.

But didn't you say that life on earth is a test? So those babies got a free pass? If so, why were they born?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Because their parents had sex perhaps?

Very funny.

Now please answer the question:

Did those death babies get a free pass? Then why did they need to be born and die? They might very well have grown up to become treacharous atheists that would deserve to burn in hell.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Hasjis is not banned, and if they marry in the evening, they can divorce in the morning! 

I believe it's the same system that allows muslim men to legally have sex with underage children.  

17 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Having nothing to look forward to, especially after this kind of life, would be very depressing.

Na, it give me comfort in knowing, when this is over, it is done deal and no more worries. However life have become much better after 50 years old, and moving to Thailand and settle here, have been the best thing I have done in my life. No more chasing dreams and quick death, but just a slow life on the rural side of Isan, is just perfect for now. Freedom I call it as long it last! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I believe it's the same system that allows muslim men to legally have sex with underage children.  

I have no idea of muslims doing that more than christians, but sick people they are! Horrible that they do not understand what they are doing is horrible wrong against young children. 

45 minutes ago, transam said:

But you had a son of "god" that could do miracles, the book says so, but the world is full of suffering, didn't your god create all this stuff over 7 days, including kids suffering...?

PS. List your simple questions, I must have missexd them...There's a good chap...And try and answer mine, 165 million years of dinosaurs, humans starting off as microbes etc...

It is what it is.

If you are interested to clear what it seems to be a very confused view on the physical reality, you should start from accepting the physical reality.

Btw, I asked you last year or so, and you carefully avoided to answer; " if you don't believe in the existence of God, how can you blame him" ?

Something doesn't add up methinks ☺