Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

On 8/26/2020 at 8:01 AM, Peter Denis said:

Yes, I know your message was meant as a joke but it seems that the 'Computer Says No' syndrome is gaining track, e.g. the unwarranted trust in Wikipedia with their ultra-skeptic stance in all matters spiritual.

Science has become the new religion.

The problem is, it focuses just on the material aspects of reality.

Some may think that this is normal, or even cool, but when we focus just on the material side of things, greed becomes our god, and the result is there for anyone to see.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Science has become the new religion.

The problem is, it focuses just on the material aspects of reality.

Some may think that this is normal, or even cool, but when we focus just on the material side of things, greed becomes our god, and the result is there for anyone to see.

Either greed or materialism or science is new, is just that people are more educated and do not fall so easy for smoke, gods or myrra anymore. They look up to famous youtubers and tik toks and find deeper meaning With influencers who is the new snake oil in society. 

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Like they say in wartime, there are no atheists in a foxhole.

The nonsensical and derogatory phrase 'no atheists in foxholes’ was probably thought up by a religious person. It should therefore come as no surprise that it is trite, smug, insulting, and condescending to non believers and has no logical or evidentiary basis. 'There are no atheists in foxholes’ isn’t an an argument for imaginary mythical gods, or religion, it’s an argument for irrationality.

''Maybe there are only atheists in foxholes. If the faithful truly and fully believe in a protective deity why would they dive into a foxhole to protect themselves from the bullets whizzing by?  A part of their brain knows damn well that if they do not protect themselves the bullets will hardly discriminate between those who claim faith and those that reject it.’’

— J Anderson Thomson.   Why we believe in gods

Edited by yodsak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tagged said:

Either greed or materialism or science is new, is just that people are more educated and do not fall so easy for smoke, gods or myrra anymore. They look up to famous youtubers and tik toks and find deeper meaning With influencers who is the new snake oil in society. 

"Science" and man made climate change are the new religions and just as false, IMO.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tagged said:

Tbh, I'm not interested in YouTube influencers, but many of those people which you call educated, are just indoctrinated, imho. Yet, I'm somehow convinced that humans are evolving, at least the ones who have a desire to evolve.

51 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Tbh, I'm not interested in YouTube influencers, but many of those people which you call educated, are just indoctrinated, imho. Yet, I'm somehow convinced that humans are evolving, at least the ones who have a desire to evolve.

The few will evolve, the rest are just along for the ride.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The few will evolve, the rest are just along for the ride.

That's my impression as well, even if we can't be sure 100%, the Baghavad Gita and the New Testament seem to confirm this hypothesis.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Irony Can take you far ????

however educated when it come to magic and what feels real can be challinging for most eductated or not. Alot I see today is empty fill to bring you from one place in life to another as we evolve in our own life trough phases with different meanings, challenges as physical as mental. 

Some believe they are 100 sure and reight, others rather sit back after experiences they have and try to diggest and understand what they are going trough, and hopefully learn something for it. 

As I said many time in this tread, I belong to mother earth, and so on. Ashes to ashes dust to dust. It is the time we fill our life with, thats important to each and one of us. Not that there is a god that punish us, or send us to paradise, or there is a afterlife, in my opinion, it is right here and now. 

Your choice to do something about it, 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Irony Can take you far ????

however educated when it come to magic and what feels real can be challinging for most eductated or not. Alot I see today is empty fill to bring you from one place in life to another as we evolve in our own life trough phases with different meanings, challenges as physical as mental. 

Some believe they are 100 sure and reight, others rather sit back after experiences they have and try to diggest and understand what they are going trough, and hopefully learn something for it. 

As I said many time in this tread, I belong to mother earth, and so on. Ashes to ashes dust to dust. It is the time we fill our life with, thats important to each and one of us. Not that there is a god that punish us, or send us to paradise, or there is a afterlife, it is right here and now. 

Your choice to something about it, 

Well, as wise men have pointed out, there's a mountain to climb, and different paths to reach to the top.

It's not that your path, or mine, is better, we have the freedom to choose the path which we like more.

One could also choose not to climb any mountain, or even deny that there is any need to climb that mountain.

Some will even deny the existence of any mountain.

Of course, this is just a metaphor, as spiritual realms are not easy to describe while living in a physical reality. I guess if one soul manages to transcend the physical reality, there will be no need for metaphors anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, as wise men have pointed out, there's a mountain to climb, and different paths to reach to the top.

It's not that your path, or mine, is better, we have the freedom to choose the path which we like more.

One could also choose not to climb any mountain, or even deny that there is any need to climb that mountain.

Of course, this is just a metaphor, as spiritual realms are not easy to describe while living in a physical reality. I guess if one soul manages to transcend the physical reality, there will be no need for metaphors anymore.

We all waiting for the miracle. And I also said it before, it is all in your mind, and some people manage to lead people just by so, using their mind and scill. 

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

We all waiting for the miracle. And I also said it before, it is all in your mind, and some people manage to lead people just by so, using their mind and scill. 

I don't know if by saying "it's all in your mind" you are referring to your own mind, my mind, or human mind in general.

I can just speak for myself, and I can assure you that my mind is not large enough, so far, to contain "all", although there are quite a few things there ????

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I don't know if by saying "it's all in your mind" you are referring to your own mind, my mind, or human mind in general.

I can just speak for myself, and I can assure you that my mind is not large enough, so far, to contain "all", although there are quite a few things there ????

It is trough your mind the connection you feel, connects you to this power, force, god. 

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Amen to that, i can say that i finally agree with you on something.

Hehe, how many times you going to repeat that? ????

we agree in most just not in how to practice, or lecture others. There is very few valid lectures to give, others about your own experiences. For me the power is nature, thats where Im connected, as I can be disconnected from the other world Or the Reality we call the thing we find our self in on daily basis. 

Edited by Tagged

7 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Hehe, how many times you going to repeat that? ????

we agree in most just not in how to practice, or lecture others. There is very few valid lectures to give, others about your own experiences. For me the power is nature, thats where Im connected, as am can be disconnected from the other world I find myself in, for a short time.

Well, forgive me for that, but I find many of your posts quite confusing. Most of the times, that's because of incorrect grammar and spelling, sometimes because of different meanings we give to the same words. Perhaps we can agree that we have to be careful while discussing these kind of subjects, as it's quite easy for one to get misunderstood.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tagged said:

Do you believe that "love" exists? If you do, I reckon you can't prove it does. Soooooo, loads of people believe in something that can't be scientifically proven. Is that magic?

3 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, forgive me for that, but I find many of your posts quite confusing. Most of the times, that's because of incorrect grammar and spelling, sometimes because of different meanings we give to the same words. Perhaps we can agree that we have to be careful while discussing these kind of subjects, as it's quite easy for one to get misunderstood.

I too find his posts confusing. Perhaps English is not his first language.

6 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

To accept the spiritual, one has to be open to the spiritual. If one does not believe it is possible one is never going to understand anything we say.

I keep plugging away as it helps me to understand my own experience of the Divine, and not because I have any hope of explaining to closed minds what the Divine is.

Plus, some come on here just to stir.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you believe that "love" exists? If you do, I reckon you can't prove it does. Soooooo, loads of people believe in something that can't be scientifically proven. Is that magic?

I believe love existing, but every peope experience love different. Love is an feeling with chemicals, (repeat myself) that have to be maintained by two or more parts. You can feel love for live, nature, or a person, but still there is chemicals released in your brain to feel it, or you and your partner if we are talking about love between people have to create magic for each other over and over again and again. Can be smell, how we act, give smiles, eyecontact, and also a deeper feeling of connection intellelectual feeling. 

Family bond is trur bond and blood, but still many people do not feel the same as others when it comes to love. Some do, som not. 

What is love? 

More than likely, the people posting and following this subject will actually witness this event.  Those of you who follow current news in the Middle East, can see this coming our way with the exception of a few non-believers on this site. 

The Rapture is the next major event in God’s timeline of the future.  Christians are waiting for it because Jesus Christ will return and remove them from this evil world before the Tribulation starts.  

The Tribulation is an event the entire world will experience.  It is a seven year period of suffering, war, famine, destruction, pain, and great sorrow.  The prophet Daniel tells us that the first part of the seven year Tribulation lasts for 3.5 years.  It begins when a government leader makes a peace treaty that includes Israel.  This brings peace to the Middle East.

However, in the middle of the Tribulation, the leader ends the peace with Israel and so divine judgment comes onto the world.  Jesus warned us about the last 3.5 years of the Tribulation.  He called these years the “Great Tribulation.

13 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I believe love existing, but every peope experience love different. Love is an feeling with chemicals, (repeat myself) that have to be maintained by two or more parts. You can feel love for live, nature, or a person, but still there is chemicals released in your brain to feel it, or you and your partner if we are talking about love between people have to create magic for each other over and over again and again. Can be smell, how we act, give smiles, eyecontact, and also a deeper feeling of connection intellelectual feeling. 

Family bond is trur bond and blood, but still many people do not feel the same as others when it comes to love. Some do, som not. 

What is love? 

Exactly. Everyone believes in "love" but it's not possible to prove it exists. Ergo, God can't be proven, but that does not mean God does not exist.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To accept the spiritual, one has to be open to the spiritual. If one does not believe it is possible one is never going to understand anything we say.

I keep plugging away as it helps me to understand my own experience of the Divine, and not because I have any hope of explaining to closed minds what the Divine is.

Plus, some come on here just to stir.

Isnt that quite harsh to say, that you call out people as closed minds since they do not aggree with your experiences? Feeling something about a devine can come in many forms, and the way you feel, it, can not be transferred to any one elses, exept you have teacher, who lead you and take you on a walk in your mind. Because thats where you find the divine, the power, the love, and thats where the magic is. 

Our own universe to exploit. 

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Exactly. Everyone believes in "love" but it's not possible to prove it exists. Ergo, God can't be proven, but that does not mean God does not exist.

I have never stated god doesnt exist,, over and ower, I had said there is something greater we are part of. But as paradise? No, we are all one on this planet and in this universe of universes. One soul, no independence, dust to dust ashes to ashes

7 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Isnt that quite harsh to say, that you call out people as closed minds since they do not aggree with your experiences? 

Tbh, I cannot see anything harsh in TBL's post. He just stated, and I'm surprised you disagree, that to experience the spiritual, you have to open your mind to the spiritual.

Btw, I am also a closed mind, whenever I hear some silly advertisement, or some materialistic idiocy, I close my mind very quick.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tagged said:

It is trough your mind the connection you feel, connects you to this power, force, god. 

That the higher power can be reached through the mind, is not the same as saying "it's all in your mind" though. The same way the internet is not inside your computer,  but you need a computer to access the internet. 

If you have too many programs on your PC, it will slow down its performance. By the same analogy, having too many thoughts and worse, not having control over them, will "slow down" the connection we all have with the divine. The signal becomes weaker and weaker until you finally feel completely disconnected from it.

Only a rigorous ecology of the mind can perform a "cleansing of the PC's drive" and strengthen the connection again.

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Like 2