Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You'd have to prove that there is more than one universe at the same time and that it is possible to travel from one to another for me to believe that.

I believe that it is possible for energy to pass to/ from the other side, but no way I agree that matter can.

Unless new stars are being born from matter that didn't already exists in the universe, eventually the last star will burn it's fuel and die, which is the end of the universe that can support life in any form, IMO.

Oh, man, I believe you have to turn on your imagination, and also see what you self believe in, and think multiverses is so far out there, that you actually gave me a good laugh. Prove it? Christ sake, people believe alot more strange things than that. 

Humans can act like god, send life in to space, and create life on new planets. It is just matter of time. 

13 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Oh, man, I believe you have to turn on your imagination, and also see what you self believe in, and think multiverses is so far out there, that you actually gave me a good laugh. Prove it? Christ sake, people believe alot more strange things than that. 

Humans can act like god, send life in to space, and create life on new planets. It is just matter of time. 

Well, OK. You can believe that DNA can be transferred from one universe to another but I don't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well, OK. You can believe that DNA can be transferred from one universe to another but I don't.

Why? Why is that hard to believe that life travel space, and if it travel trough our galaxy, it should be possible to travel trough others, as well other universes. 

I think that is quite narrov thinking if you ask me. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Everything you put on your skin have an possibility to end up in your bloodstream. That should give you something to think of

1 hour ago, VincentRJ said:

Okay! I'll rephrase my question. 'Perhaps you can assist in enlightening me with regard to any evidence that the Law of Conservation of Energy is not true.

As you probably already accept, everything is connected to some degree and is interdependent. Human life is a continuous process of change, rising and falling through interdependence with numerous other processes. Enlightenment, on whatever issue, cannot be achieved without the help and influence of others. Agree?

No, I don't agree at all.

Enlightenment can ONLY be "achieved" on your own. Nobody can do that for you. Some more advanced souls can point you in the right direction, but it is up to you do do the work.
Also, "achieving" enlightenment is not the right term either, as it implies that enlightenment is not present right here right now, or something that can exist at some point but is lacking at other times. All the sages however, have taught us that this is not so. It is only our inability to realize that enlightenment is ever present, that give us the illusion of "not having" it.
All those who actually have realized that, have told us that it was like waking up to find out that they have always been enlightened.

Why do you keep asking me about the conservation of energy law and why do you assume it shouldn't be true for me? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

No, I don't agree at all.

Enlightenment can ONLY be "achieved" on your own. Nobody can do that for you. Some more advanced souls can point you in the right direction, but it is up to you do do the work.

Don't be silly. Nobody can do anything on their own. You wouldn't exist if were not for the trillions of 'good' bacteria in your gut and elsewhere.
What I suggest you do is get down on your knees and pray to those good bacteria that will keep you alive until you reach 'enlightenment'. Also, when you meditate, try counting those 'good bacteria'. ????

As for 'work', it's not just up to you. The Mitochondria organelles in most of your cells are the 'power house' and storage of energy in your body, which allow you to work. Pray to them also. ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

Don't be silly. Nobody can do anything on their own. You wouldn't exist if were not for the trillions of 'good' bacteria in your gut and elsewhere.
What I suggest you do is get down on your knees and pray to those good bacteria that will keep you alive until you reach 'enlightenment'. Also, when you meditate, try counting those 'good bacteria'. ????

As for 'work', it's not just up to you. The Mitochondria organelles in most of your cells are the 'power house' and storage of energy in your body, which allow you to work. Pray to them also. ????

Reminds me of the Thomas Dolby song 'She blinded me with science' > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V83JR2IoI8k

I recommend a one-way visit to the Home of Deranged Scientists.... ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

I recommend a one-way visit to the Home of Deranged Scientists.... ????

Let's do a test of your degree of rationality and logic. Who do you think is more deranged? A person who jokingly suggests that one prays to a microscopic entity, which is essential for human life, and whose existence is confirmed by science; or a person who seriously suggests that one prays to a macroscopic entity, called a Creator God, whose existence has no scientific basis????

• Like 2

As its not fun to read all 697 pages of comments I apologize if I repeat somebody else.

Religions just born somehow, lets see modern examples--communism and Scientology. As results are sure not impressive we should try see forest behind trees.

Some of new idea is we live in a computer program which just looking and waiting what we, humans, capable of.

Yes, I see every day how small humans are but screaming really loud. 

40 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

wow, so now I'm "deranged"... ???? 

How did you work that out? I didn't suggest you were deranged. It was Peter Denis who suggested that I was deranged, for some inexplicable reason.

"What was the definition of crazy again?
Someone who performs the same action over and over again, each time expecting a different outcome."

Never heard of that definition before. The methodology of science requires that the same action over and over again produces the same outcome, for the verification of a theory. But sometimes the outcome is different, and the search for an explanation can result in an advancement of our scientific knowledge.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

How did you work that out? I didn't suggest you were deranged. It was Peter Denis who suggested that I was deranged, for some inexplicable reason.

"What was the definition of crazy again?
Someone who performs the same action over and over again, each time expecting a different outcome."

Never heard of that definition before. The methodology of science requires that the same action over and over again produces the same outcome, for the verification of a theory. But sometimes the outcome is different, and the search for an explanation can result in an advancement of our scientific knowledge.

You said "[...] a person who seriously suggests that one prays to a macroscopic entity, called a Creator God, whose existence has no scientific basis." I am such a person, so I must be included in the deranged group, according to you. But no worries, I don't take it personally.

Not sure if it's true, but apparently it was Einstein who said: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, olfu said:

As its not fun to read all 697 pages of comments I apologize if I repeat somebody else.

Religions just born somehow, lets see modern examples--communism and Scientology. As results are sure not impressive we should try see forest behind trees.

Some of new idea is we live in a computer program which just looking and waiting what we, humans, capable of.

I understand that it might be tedious, but if you had read them, you would know that the bible bashers left the thread at around page 500  (a guesstimation ???? )and we've stopped talking about religion soon thereafter. Thanks God. ???? 

In your example, is the computer program sentient? 

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

I understand that it might be tedious, but if you had read them, you would know that the bible bashers left the thread at around page 500  (a guesstimation ???? )and we've stopped talking about religion soon thereafter. Thanks God. ???? 

So all those religions are wrong, all the scientists are wrong, and you are the last man standing because you believe in an entity that exists outside time. 

It's a good one that "outside time". ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elad said:

So all those religions are wrong, all the scientists are wrong, and you are the last man standing because you believe in an entity that exists outside time. 

Or maybe scientists do their job and make theories and work on proving them, while a belief in a god is very personal and impossible to prove. It is a choice we have to make or can make if we want. The debate of truth is kind of obscured and conflicting. 

Again we are part of the nature here on planet earth, our mother, gaia, and our planet is part of a much bigger system, therefor we are one. From dust to dust litterally speaking as the only truth we have. As trees is connected to each other trough fungus, we are all connected to something we can not yet discribe, but most people are disconnected. Have a good morning

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tagged said:

Everything you put on your skin have an possibility to end up in your bloodstream. That should give you something to think of

Nicotine patches work that way, but the outside and inside of the skin is in the same universe.

Of course anything is possible in infinity, but I prefer to deal with things that have more meaning to myself in my life. Multiple universes may exist but are of no interest to myself.

8 hours ago, Elad said:

Seems to me that those that do not believe in God must believe that somehow all the matter that exists in the universe just appeared, magically, out of nothing. Some, apparently think it was always there, but can't explain how that could be possible. If the universe will die, as it will when the last sun burns out, it must have had a beginning, IMO.

I prefer to believe that it didn't and was created, ergo, the force that created it is "God". I'm quite OK with the notion that the Creator exists in a different dimension and is not bound by our science or time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, olfu said:

Had you read all 697 pages you would have discovered that this thread is not about religion. It's about belief in God.

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nicotine patches work that way, but the outside and inside of the skin is in the same universe.

Of course anything is possible in infinity, but I prefer to deal with things that have more meaning to myself in my life. Multiple universes may exist but are of no interest to myself.

And how little you know or will knew. It is quite controersial to everything you have written and liked others have said about open your mind, but of course other sides of the topic. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

wow, so now I'm "deranged"... ???? 

Let me ask you...after telling you over and over again that science doesn't have the tools, the will, nor the knowledge to inquire into spiritual matters, you still take science as the only basis for all knowledge and judge others from that very limited perspective.

IMO one has to suspect that those that actually believe present day science has all the answers or that the future will not bring new realities must be overlooking the history of humanity.

New discoveries are always happening, but in the past the science was so fixed that people that claimed the earth revolved around the sun were in peril of their lives. We don't burn heretics any more, but the inquisition IMO still works to prevent new discoveries threatening present science.

I've said it before, but IMO present science is too primitive to prove or disprove the supernatural. The only way we have now is to die.

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2020 at 2:45 PM, Peter Denis said:

Would Pure Consciousness have a need for 'matter' or for the 'Universe'?

Asking for a friend...

Depends on what Pure Consciousness is. If it IS the universe, then obviously the universe matters. People assume God is separate from us and the physical universe, but that is just supposition, IMO.

I think everything in the universe is part of God- God made visible, if you like.

People just have to get away from thinking God is like a human, and understand that God is everything, IMO.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Depends on what Pure Consciousness is. If it IS the universe, then obviously the universe matters. People assume God is separate from us and the physical universe, but that is just supposition, IMO.

I think everything in the universe is part of God- God made visible, if you like.

People just have to get away from thinking God is like a human, and understand that God is everything, IMO.

Yes, and how hard can it be to understand we are one? It just we as humans have disconnected, or been distracted to long and missing out on the important part, where we have to fight to survive. 

On the other hand, anyone think tribes in amazonas is more connected? 

Edit note: Isolated tribes

Edited by Tagged