Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

Just now, robblok said:

If you stayed there you could have proven it camera's and stuff. So sorry if there is something you can prove it.

i didn't see ghosts.

i felt their presence 

cannot be filmed or proven.

so should you take my word for it?

no. 

4 minutes ago, covidiot said:

i didn't see ghosts.

i felt their presence 

no. 

Of course i would not take your word for it, not proof at all. The mind can create too many fake things. SO unless its proven its unproven. Sorry but that is just basic science. If ghosts existed it would have been proven long ago. So many people now with camera's and science can measure all kind of energy fields so there are tools. 

Id think its harder to prove all those particles and yet they have proven the existence of atoms (also not visible) but we can even splice them. So why one thing so advanced and ghosts not. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, covidiot said:

i didn't see ghosts.

i felt their presence 

no. 

As a kid I remember being told lots of weird and wonderful tales from friends and others of footsteps in the hallway and even unscrewing kitchen taps .. as a 10 year old it seemed plausible and I was open to suggestion on the topic. Looking back I don't know what the people who told me were about.

I will say we used to have seances as kids where the object did move and spell out messages on a ouija board supposedly from dead people. Different people involved so that less likely to be one person  pushing. Hard to push and pull the object too. I am still not sure what was going on.. could be a combination..one or more pranksters.. unconscious wish fulfillment ..or a ghostie..

Never did another one after the age of about 15..

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

22 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Yes because Hamas and Israel both do, God's  doing a great  job, as usual.

Religion, religion, religion. Do you have anything to say about the conversation? Hint, no believers currently posting are talking about religion, except to say that we are NOT talking about it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, robblok said:

Actually all things that cannot be proven are the same to me a lot of B.S. Meditation seems to be working and is proven. So it really depends what your talking about. 

Given that human science is too primitive to cure cancer, why do you think it is even capable of proving or disproving the existence of God?

You're like a caveman saying to another that dreamed about black holes, that if he couldn't prove that black holes exist they can't be real.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that human science is too primitive to cure cancer, why do you think it is even capable of proving or disproving the existence of God?

You're like a caveman saying to another that dreamed about black holes, that if he couldn't prove that black holes exist they can't be real.

Your funny, but that is how people like you are. Keep it up i need a good laugh once in a while.

Its not up to us to disprove god, its up to religious people to prove god exists. Don't put this on science. How can you prove something that does not exists.

Cavemen did not know about black holes, but we do know (or have been told stories about god). So we can splice atoms, we can send a man to the moon. We can go to mars and you think that if there was a god we could not prove it that is laughable.

Anyway science is the yardstick not religion. Science is constantly evolving always questioning itself. Religion  ???? not really evolving nor really questioning itself if any blind faith is what they go by. Just like you do.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Good grief, now you really are getting into the weeds.

I don't recall a single poster saying that. Given you are quoting US, it would be polite to address what we are talking about, and not wander off into completely irrelevant areas.

Of course you are welcome to talk about anything you want to as long as you don't quote us. By quoting us you imply that we believe in nonsense like the world being only 6000 years old and that we claim to talk to animals.

You don't recall a single poster saying that I know of a poster who did and is a friend of mine. I ignore the topic but it baffles me that people like that who are otherwise rational have such views. 

Also creationism is a well known religious stream 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism

A 2017 Gallup creationism survey found that 38 per cent of adults in the United States held the view that "God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years" 

Edited by robblok

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its not up to us to disprove god, its up to religious people to prove god exists. Don't put this on science. How can you prove something that does not exists.

You seem to be under the impression that WE have to "prove" something.

LOL.

I can't speak for the others that believe, but I am not concerned whether you believe or not, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you or anyone else that God exists.

The thread topic is "do-you-believe-in-god-and-why" NOT "can you prove God exists".

I've answered that question many times on this thread. I've never claimed that I can prove anything to do with God, except to say that I had a Damascus moment and now I see God present in nature all about me.

I don't believe that God intervenes to save humans, and why would God do that anyway? God created everything on planet earth, including bacteria and viruses, so if we die of corona or flu that is all part of creation- in other words, WE humans are just part of creation and WE are no more important on a cosmic scale than a bug. Indeed, IMO, if God cared about individual planets, God would have exterminated us 200 years ago for the damage we have done to planet earth. Seems to me the only thing we are really good at is killing each other and destroying the environment.

Our life force comes from God and to God it will return after our bodies die- end of.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

You don't recall a single poster saying that I know of a poster who did and is a friend of mine. I ignore the topic but it baffles me that people like that who are otherwise rational have such views. 

Also creationism is a well known religious stream 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism

A 2017 Gallup creationism survey found that 38 per cent of adults in the United States held the view that "God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years" 

Have any of the posters you are currently quoting claimed that "God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years"?

No, we have not, so why are you talking about that? Like I said, talk about anything you like as long as you don't quote us and imply we believe it.

• Like 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Have any of the posters you are currently quoting claimed that "God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years"?

No, we have not, so why are you talking about that? Like I said, talk about anything you like as long as you don't quote us and imply we believe it.

Never said it was on of the current posters, but this 10.000 years thing is no different from claiming that there is a god. Both are equally funny. You seem to be claiming there is a god / higher entity. So i put you ont he same level.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You seem to be under the impression that WE have to "prove" something.

LOL.

I can't speak for the others that believe, but I am not concerned whether you believe or not, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you or anyone else that God exists.

The thread topic is "do-you-believe-in-god-and-why" NOT "can you prove God exists".

I've answered that question many times on this thread. I've never claimed that I can prove anything to do with God, except to say that I had a Damascus moment and now I see God present in nature all about me.

I don't believe that God intervenes to save humans, and why would God do that anyway? God created everything on planet earth, including bacteria and viruses, so if we die of corona or flu that is all part of creation- in other words, WE humans are just part of creation and WE are no more important on a cosmic scale than a bug. Indeed, if God cared about individual planets, God would, IMO, have exterminated us 200 years ago for the damage we have done to planet earth. Seems to me the only thing we are really good at is killing each other and destroying the environment.

Our life force comes from God and to God it will return after our bodies die- end of.

That is ok, as long as its unproven i laugh at people like you who accept things without any proof. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, robblok said:

Never said it was on of the current posters, but this 10.000 years thing is no different from claiming that there is a god. Both are equally funny. You seem to be claiming there is a god / higher entity. So i put you ont he same level.

and like I said, stop quoting us if you are going to include things we are not talking about. If you quote you should be answering what is in the quote, not irrelevant rubbish.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

and like I said, stop quoting us if you are going to include things we are not talking about. If you quote you should be answering what is in the quote, not irrelevant rubbish.

Bla bla bla.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that's all you have to say I'll assume you are just trolling. Bye

Bye, no not trolling. You have the right to believe in all the funny stuff you want. I have the right to laugh at people who believe in unproven things. Fair isnt it. 

What is god to the believers?

You could say belief in god allows humans to rewrite history, heats up the now, and fights for the future.

Rewrite History

For some believers your sins can be forgiven. Or you can apportion blame on your bad deeds to the devil. Even as a spiritual person you can put things down to a learning experience on a spiritual path. A god helps us justify our actions and or start afresh.

Heats up the now

God can give meaning to our lives. Give us something to fight for. Inspire passions. Make for us and them. Even a spiritual person with no religion can find warmth amongst believing that humans are linked, or in communicating with similar believers, and to have an opinion on the non believing others.

Fights for the future

A belief in god is often a belief in our own future beyond this life. It is almost as though a god by definition is fighting for us beyond this mortal coil. Even a spiritual non-religious person can feel some succor in that hope for the future.

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

What is god to the believers?

You could say belief in god allows humans to rewrite history, heats up the now, and fights for the future.

Rewrite History

For some believers your sins can be forgiven. Or you can apportion blame on your bad deeds to the devil. Even as a spiritual person you can put things down to a learning experience on a spiritual path. A god helps us justify our actions and or start afresh.

Heats up the now

God can give meaning to our lives. Give us something to fight for. Inspire passions. Make for us and them. Even a spiritual person with no religion can find warmth amongst believing that humans are linked, or in communicating with similar believers, and to have an opinion on the non believing others.

Fights for the future

A belief in god is often a belief in our own future beyond this life. It is almost as though a god by definition is fighting for us beyond this mortal coil. Even a spiritual non-religious person can feel some succor in that hope for the future.

Good post, if I understood it correctly. 

So, believing in some God it's good and convenient, even if sometimes one can have doubts about its existence. 

That would be exactly my position. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Religion, religion, religion. Do you have anything to say about the conversation? Hint, no believers currently posting are talking about religion, except to say that we are NOT talking about it.

Religion generally  involves a  God but let me know if Im wrong on that one. They obviously  believe there God  is  right.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

Bye, no not trolling. You have the right to believe in all the funny stuff you want. I have the right to laugh at people who believe in unproven things. Fair isnt it. 

I  think if  anything it's  too  fair.

21 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Good post, if I understood it correctly. 

So, believing in some God it's good and convenient, even if sometimes one can have doubts about its existence. 

That would be exactly my position. 

One day that fence  will  blow  down.

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Religion generally  involves a  God but let me know if Im wrong on that one. They obviously  believe there God  is  right.

Had you read the past few pages you'd find that I'd already pointed out that religion needs a god, but faith in God does not need a religion.

Your post only refers to religious people, and I think I'm safe in saying none of those on here at the moment.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that's all you have to say I'll assume you are just trolling. Bye

So you  want people to "believe"  without a  shred of evidence, well I'll be laughing too then, guess  that equals  troll when evidence is  requested.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Had you read the past few pages you'd find that I'd already pointed out that religion needs a god, but faith in God does not need a religion.

Your post only refers to religious people, and I think I'm safe in saying none of those on here at the moment.

I  dont have the  time to waste trawling through  385 pages of  what amounts to drivel without evidence, No evidence  no God, believe the topic is do you believe in God and why.

Then again vague  words  like "faith/Spirituality"  are  all meaningless nonsense used by believers usually accompanied with being told to  open your  mind etc. I'll  check back in   380pages to see if there's any evidence.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've never claimed that I can prove anything to do with God

So every  post you have made is  pure  fabrication as once again there is zero evidence except  "your belief" and that is a  FACT not a belief.

You cannot hold a discussion or debate if you don't use a yardstick. So if your not asking for any kind of proof how can you even have a debate. Because if there is question about validity of a statement and you have to accept statements on face value there is no debate there is no information exchange. So for those who think that no proof is good. It kills a debate and only allows for opinions not facts. Then there might as well not be a debate.

Then its just stating opinions without any way to validate them. What is the point of that. If everyone can state what they want without any way to validate claims then there will never be any change or progress because you cannot challenge a belief as there has been no agreement on proof. So people can keep believing and stating what they want without them thinking of ways to validate their beliefs. That does not bring on change or insight. Just keeps things unproven and vague. 

I think a bike has a faster top speed then a plane. Without asking for proof i would never learn or change my opinion as my statement is accepted without proof. Kills a debate kills learning. Also will keep people from looking from common ground. 

If you don't question things and want to validate things then why debate or even put up your opinion.