Escaping the smoke and 90 day report

Next year I want to leave chiang mai once the out of control burning starts which is around the end of January. In the past I have always gone to immigration to do my 90 day reports. in order to do a 90 day report by mail you need a good address and I will be moving to a new place in chiang mai upon my return to Thailand this May. I guess I could  try to do a 90 day report by mail if one is due while I am away from chiang mai due to the smoke. Are 90 day reports difficult to do by computer?  Also, my understanding is that you have to report back to immigration 90 days after you renew your retirement visa to show them your 800,000 baht is still in the bank. So that means I will have to return to chiang mai since my annual renewal is due by Jan 4 unless I depart back to the US before the 90 days is up which I do each year. This has become quite daunting and a royal pain in the arse. Any suggestions for navigating the immigration requirements so as to not wind up in trouble with them for non-compliance?

Actually you are supposed to do the 90 day report at the province where you stay when the report is due, because they want to know where you stay now, and not where you stayed a few months ago when you got your extension (they know this already).

Edited by jackdd

24 minutes ago, watgate said:

Also, my understanding is that you have to report back to immigration 90 days after you renew your retirement visa to show them your 800,000 baht is still in the bank.

So far, only Jomtien Immigration (Pattaya) is making that request.

9 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Actually you are supposed to do the 90 day report at the province where you stay when the report is due, because they want to know where you stay now, and not where you stayed a few months ago when you got your extension (they know this already).

That is not correct under current immigration rules. You can only report at the office where you applied for your extension unless you formally change your address to another office. 

The report can be done by mail from anywhere in the country as long as the return envelope has the registered address on it that immigration has.

They can also be done online.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct under current immigration rules. You can only report at the office where you applied for your extension unless you formally change your address to another office.  

But it's correct under current immigration laws. Of course we all know that the police in Thailand does not always follow the laws, but i would expect that in a case where an IO refuses to follow the written laws a call to the 1111 hotline might help.

Edited by jackdd

I don't see how you can be expected to make your 90 day report when you are in the US.

Does that answer your question? You might just go and inform them when you return, though I never bothered and simply went to Immigration 90 days after I returned to Thailand. No problem.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I don't see how you can be expected to make your 90 day report when you are in the US.

He did not say that he expected to do one while out of the country. Read the OP again.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He did not say that he expected to do one while out of the country. Read the OP again.

" I guess I could  try to do a 90 day report by mail if one is due while I am away from chiang mai "

" I will have to return to chiang mai since my annual renewal is due by Jan 4 unless I depart back to the US before the 90 days is up which I do each year. "

You go read the OP again.

I wasn't too clear. I was talking about departing back to the US before my 90 days had expired in regards to verifying that my funds were still on deposit in the bank. Now I understand that except for one office it is currently not required in the other offices at this point.  As for doing my 90 day report by computer how does one access the appropriate website and do you have to scan anything into the computer or use a flash drive to download something to send to immigration?

1 hour ago, watgate said:

As for doing my 90 day report by computer how does one access the appropriate website and do you have to scan anything into the computer or use a flash drive to download something to send to immigration?

Online report site: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

No need to upload anything.

• Like 1

next year a more intensive ENSO is in the models, which models have now gotten to be better than our best experts, and is the reason Thailand is officially at least getting ready for the chances of drought and fires in 2020.... that what we have now is not as serious as an any at more pervasive or intense Los Ninos like 2015/2016 was.

meaning you may want to leave for a lot longer than months next year. also catch up on some reading on the ENSO as well as other dynamics that will break like a tsunami, earthquake etc... not the absurdly naive narrative that Climate will unfold slowly over many decades.