PM Prayut expresses condolences after Notre Dame fire

webfact

PM Prayut expresses condolences after Notre Dame fire

pm.jpg

BANGKOK, 16 April 2019 (NNT) - The Prime Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has sent a condolence message to the French government and people after a fire ravaged the world-famous Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris on Monday (Apr 15).

The Deputy Government Spokesman, Lt. Gen. Werachon Sukondhapatipak, said Prime Minister Prayut has expressed his condolences and support for the government and people of France, following the news of the fire that has devastated the Cathedral of Notre Dame on Monday.

The Prime Minister said the event was a tragedy since this cathedral is historical and has great significance to the people of France. Gen. Prayut expressed confidence that the French government and people will be able to restore the site soon. 

Thai nationals in Paris who have been affected by the Notre Dame fire can receive assistance from the Royal Thai Embassy in Paris by calling +33646719694 or +33603599705. The embassy has so far received no report of any Thais being affected by the incident. 

The 850-year-old Notre Dame Cathedral is one of the oldest cathedrals in France. Its prominent features include the two high towers and the French Gothic architecture. The site attracted more than 13 million visitors annually and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1991.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-04-16

4 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I'll be interested to see if he expresses his condolences for the 20,000 plus of his own people who are wiped out annually in the road carnage in Thailand!

day to day fate is below him...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, steven100 said:

For those who continue to sling mud at Thailand .... I didn't hear any news about Theresa May or Scott Morrison contacting the french PM. Seems some just wanna whinge for the sake of whinging.  LOL  ????

Well done Khun Prayut Chan O Cha and the people of Thailand.

At least some farang appreciate the county while others just moan and bitch daily. haha

Which woman do you mean?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/28/might-have-distinguishing-characteristics-happened-theresa/

She did Tweet something about it though.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 8:28 AM, webfact said:

BANGKOK, 16 April 2019 (NNT) - The Prime Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has sent a condolence message to the French government and people after a fire ravaged the world-famous Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris

Bet he didn't say it in French .. 

5 hours ago, natway09 said:

Lucius verus,,, I see you are obviously a frog lover.

Incidently it was Australia who tried to steal the name "Champagne" & Australia lost that round

I don't know the story, but " Champagne " is the name of an ancient French province , named in 1065 which formed the province Champagne -Ardennes from 1956 to 2016

As you see, it's an old story, no reason an other country, many kms  away wants to steal this name

for the small connections between our countries, you are right, but they are very far away, we know very little of your country, only when there are rugby competitions 

True, I am sure Thai people have never heard of Notre Dame ????

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

I didn't hear any news about Theresa May or Scott Morrison contacting the french PM. 

Brit PM Theresa May pledged solidarity with France Tuesday morning along with members of the Royal firm .. May also offered assistance in the rebuild of which Britland does have experience in these matters .. Chair P's offer of condolences is heartfelt I'm sure if a little clumsy given no one died ( miraculously ) though some may view it as little more than jumping on the bandwagon in a misplaced attempt to gain some credibility .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

He is a major mover and shaker in the international community, don't you know? 

More importantly, why hasn't he congratulated half-Thai Tiger Woods for winning the Masters golf tournament?

Because he's only half thai, poor guy isn't 100% master race

A whole bunch of world leaders sent their codoleances to France and surely a few amongst them had no idea what it was all about. So what's the big deal here if the Thai PM sent his message ? He plainly followed the usual protocol. Of course, everything ultimately depends if you are wearing a red or a yellow pantie here. :biggrin: