Moved back to USA after 14 years in CM- 1 yr later

amykat

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Seems to happen fairly frequently to elderly white men living the rural life in Thailand.

Plenty of posts about murder, knife attacks, buried bodies, child snatching and buying houses you get thrown out of.

I find her tale of woe commonplace and completely credible.

You have to remember that Thailand attracts a lot of dregs, people who are misfits who will find problems and trouble wherever they go.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Seems fairly common for elderly white men living the rural life in Thailand.

Plenty of posts about murder, knife attacks, buried bodies, child snatching and buying houses you get thrown out of.

I find it commonplace and completely credible.

There are plenty of vicious crimes in the USA as well if you follow the news.  But as I said, I don't personally know anyone with those types of problems, Thai or farang.  If you do....my condolences.

Just now, giddyup said:

You have to remember that Thailand attracts a lot of dregs, people who are misfits who will find problems and trouble wherever they go.

I was attacked twice by women wielding a machete, one a girlfriend I lived with, and one the lady I married.

Don't really consider myself 'dregs', just a pensioner trying to have a bit of fun in his twilight years.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I was attacked twice by women wielding a machete, one a girlfriend I lived with, and one the lady I married.

Don't really consider myself 'dregs', just a pensioner trying to have a bit of fun in his twilight years.

You just have bad choice in women, either that or you're hard to get on with. I've been with the same Thai lady for 9 years, haven't been attacked yet, at least not physically.

Just now, giddyup said:

You just have bad choice in women, either that or you're hard to get on with. I've been with the same Thai lady for 9 years, haven't been attacked yet, at least not physically.

You're right, I don't want ugly old trouts, and lose out to the hot/crazy matrix.

1 minute ago, madmen said:

OP came back to TV looking for reassurance he did the right thing. Trying to convince himself IMO

If I leave No way in hell would come back here and write an essay , in fact I wouldn't even read the forums

Guess you didn't really read the OP (I know, it was pretty wordy). But she is a she, not a he.

28 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Viz a bunch of old women with nothing to do but sling there bag at someone they dont see eye to eye with, the easy thing to do is simply ignore the topic if it winds you up. Get my drift ?

Yes , years ago in England when anyone got in a hissy , if it was only a hissy and someone threatened someone else it was back to the beer and ' Nothing to see here just handbags '.

Sounds like such a sweet little lady. Gosh darn, how come I never met her in CM?

I guess she was locked inside when I was out and about with my lovely Thai sweetheart who wouldn't say <deleted> if she had a mouthful.

36 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I normally don't reply to topics like this one but I must admit I had

bad experience in LOS as well I got broken in to 3 times

( second one was in my factory lost all the tools I had) had 3 holiday

units burned down got threatened with a shotgun by my FIL and not

ones the cops investigated

1 minute ago, White Christmas13 said:

I normally don't reply to topics like this one but I must admit I had

bad experience in LOS as well I got broken in to 3 times

( second one was in my factory lost all the tools I had) had 3 holiday

units burned down got threatened with a shotgun by my FIL and not

ones the cops investigated

Of course some will be unlucky in LOS but there are more where stuff has worked out OK...The stuff you quote for sure happens in farangland..

Archived