Extension of Stay - Marriage: Report Udon Thani immigration Office 25 April 2019

14 hours ago, Deerculler said:

She changed your age. I hope that does not give you a problem in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I doubt it. All my information was printed on the form, the change used whiteout tape and a pen. 

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Well there you have it! 400k 2 months prior and 90 days after for a Marriage visa extension 

Not really, in Chachoengsao they are saying that in Udon Thani I have been told that but I will probably be challenging the IO at the point I receive my extension.

10 hours ago, riclag said:

Well there you have it! 400k 2 months prior and 90 days after for a Marriage visa extension 

I don't believe that is correct info.

When I see another change to the police order I will believe it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, riclag said:

That was only a report from Udon Thani who appear to be applying one rule fits all.

At Roi Et, the 400K must be seasoned for 2 months prior to the date of application.

They advise you keep the 400K in the account until the extension is granted, however as yet I'm not aware of anyone who's actually been asked to provide further evidence after the extension has been approved.

The funds can then immediately be spent if you so desire. 

Repeat the following year.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Not really, in Chachoengsao they are saying that in Udon Thani I have been told that but I will probably be challenging the IO at the point I receive my extension.

Further to that. I will specifically not have my wife with me when I make further visits to immigration in Udon. As with the professor in the video the requirement for a future visit and money in the bank was told to my wife in Thai. As I am the one who is getting the extension, I am the one who they will have to tell the requirements to hold money for 90 days after my extension is granted and I will have the police order and the revised sections with me. If there is anything more I will try my best to get the information in writing (even if it is only available in Thai)

I don't have any idea if I will succeed as I am certainly not going to get confrontational.

@ubonjoe when you have some time (I will not visit immigration for about 10 days) I would appreciate knowing the exact links to all the English and Thai documents that refer to both the marrage extension requirements, police orders and the changes which specifically address the changes since last year, I am asking as though the pined links to the various orders probably have all the information and I may have downloaded them I am not sure I have got them all, the description of the linked files is understandable short. Thanks

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

@ubonjoe when you have some time I would appreciate knowing the exact links to all the English and Thai documents that refer to both the marrage extension requirements, police orders and the changes which specifically address the changes since last year,

The only change for an extension based upon marriage was an amendment to clause 2.18 for the 40k baht income being transferred into a Thai bank. No changes to the 400k in the bank option were done.

For retirement they revised clause 2.22 of the police order the money in the bank option. No changes to clause 2.18 for marriage was done.

13 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

Chachoengsao Immigration Office has the same requirement as Udon Thani for a marriage extension using the 400k method.   The Chachoengsao report is in the linked video.

https://youtu.be/MtcjsvTBNZg?t=1140

Yes, I've seen it, but they are not following the written orders, haven't read them, or don't understand them.

Unless expats make a stand against these local requirements, they'll continue to get away with it.

55 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

when you have some time (I will not visit immigration for about 10 days) I would appreciate knowing the exact links to all the English and Thai documents that refer to both the marrage extension requirements, police orders and the changes which specifically address the changes since last year, I am asking as though the pined links to the various orders probably have all the information and I may have downloaded them I am not sure I have got them all, the description of the linked files is understandable short. Thanks

The relevant amendments can be found here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

No's 12,13, 16 and 17. (English and Thai texts).

There is no change or amendment to the current order for extensions based on marriage using the funds method. The existing order 327/2557 applies. (No 10 in above link).

Section 2.18, clause 6.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual
income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a
bank account in Thailand for the past two months
to cover expenses for one year.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

There is no change or amendment to the current order for extensions based on marriage using the funds method. The existing order 327/2557 applies. (No 10 in above link).

Section 2.18, clause 6.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual
income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a
bank account in Thailand for the past two months
to cover expenses for one year.

I do know that with the published orders, letters, memos there should be no changes to 2.18 I am trying to make sure that I have with me all of the correct current published information relating to both the original and updated clause 2.22 and the unchanged clause 2.18

So to be sure, does police order No. 327/2557 (no.10 &11) supersede all previous orders? Specifically clause 2.18 and without any future change it should be the order currently in force?

9 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

So to be sure, does police order No. 327/2557 (no.10 &11) supersede all previous orders? Specifically clause 2.18 and without any future change it should be the order currently in force?

No, order 327/2557 (at 10) is the original order.

Police Order 35/2562 Changing 327/2557 Clause 2.22  (at 12) lists the changing requirements for an extension based upon retirement. (Not applicable to marriage extensions).

Amendment to police order 138/2557 (at 16) Revising clauses 2.18 and 2.22 to include options for proof of income.

(This was an amendment to the documents requirement for income method for retirement and marriage extensions following the cessation of Embassy letters from 4 Embassies. It confirms monthly incomes transfers to a Thai bank are now also accepted by IO's, as well as Embassy Income letters).

Neither the new order or the amended order published at 12 or 16, have any effect to the existing order 327/2557 re marriage extensions using the 400K funds.

Section 2.18, clause 6 of the original order still applies.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The only change for an extension based upon marriage was an amendment to clause 2.18 for the 40k baht income being transferred into a Thai bank. No changes to the 400k in the bank option were done.

For retirement they revised clause 2.22 of the police order the money in the bank option. No changes to clause 2.18 for marriage was done.

Following your advice now for years and I bet you are totally right here (from law perspective).
Still I have to say I am not surprised that some immigration offices or even only officers go their own way in Thailand.

I experienced the same when I changed my local immigration from Chaeng Watthana to Samut Prakan. (Small) different requirements and different papers were needed. (as I told you in the other thread when I was searching for these "extra" papers to sign as PDF). Also while in Chaeng Watthana I had never an officer visiting my home. 

I will go trough the same process in Samut Prakan as the topic creator in 12-13 days then I can report back how they handle the extension this year and if there are changes to last year. For me if this is true it's not a big deal as I never touched the money anyways.

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

6 months for what?

2 months before renewal + 1 month during renewal + 3 months after renewal. 400k in bank account (Marriage Visa)

Edited by aqua4

I collected my extension of stay based on marriage this week at cw BKK, I needed to show the 400k was there during the under consideration period. An updated bank book showing a transaction on the day and a photocopy of the name page in the book and most recent page was good enough to pass. No bank statement required for me and no requests to maintain the 400k any longer than 2 months prior and during the under consideration period. 

My only gripe was the photocopy stall wouldn’t accept Satang as legal tender to pay for the 2 baht coppies.

Edited by NightSky

On 5/6/2019 at 3:08 PM, SEtonal said:

There is important information about updates in the video I just linked that is attributed to a Bangkok lawyer.  

I am on underconsideration period now in Chachoengsao. IO notified me while submitting documents that conditions are same as previours years. Let's see what happens when i get 1 year stamp.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aqua4 said:
7 hours ago, aqua4 said:

2 months before renewal + 1 month during renewal + 3 months after renewal. 400k in bank account (Marriage Visa)

My friend went today in Khon Kaen and it is 6 months now. 

I find that hard to believe for the simple reason KK is the regional office for Division 4.

All marriage extension applications submitted at IO's within the region have to be approved by KK.

There is no such requirement to season the 400K after the extension is approved (by KK) and issued by my office. If KK introduce such a requirement it would be passed down to other offices.

I think the IO in this case was probably inexperienced and confused on the different requirements.

22 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I find that hard to believe for the simple reason KK is the regional office for Division 4.

The normal immigration office in KK is not division 4 headquarters. It is in a different location.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The normal immigration office in KK is not division 4 headquarters. It is in a different location.

Wasn't aware of that fact, but needless to say the regional office will still approve marriage extensions and no such reports being handed down to other IO's that the 400K has to be season for 3 months after the extension is granted.

I still believe the IO got their knickers in a twist over the various requirements.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I still believe the IO got their knickers in a twist over the various requirements.

I agree with that. Just wrong info coming from a ill informed officer.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2019 at 12:47 PM, Tanoshi said:

Immigration thinks that IMG_7342.thumb.PNG.dad3b26ab4ef25cf934026f4370733e5.PNGDivision 4 HQ is Korat not KK

It looks as if the requirements are coming from Korat as I was told the same in Udon

33 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Division 4 HQ is Korat not KK

It looks as if the requirements are coming from Korat as I was told the same in Udon

The map is out of date. 

They moved to Khon Kaen last year.

"Immigration Division 4

239 Moo 3, Samran Sub-district, Mueang District, Khon Kaen Province Khon Kaen Province 40000"

Source page 39 here: Immigration offices.pdfImmigration offices.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Immigration thinks that Division 4 HQ is Korat not KK

Division 4 HQ moved from Korat to KK at least two years ago.

UJ can confirm.

The map and locations haven't been updated for a while.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The map is out of date. 

"Immigration Division 4

239 Moo 3, Samran Sub-district, Mueang District, Khon Kaen Province Khon Kaen Province 40000"

I made the mistake of thinking that the official  immigration website was up to date????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The map is out of date. 

"Immigration Division 4

I believe they started the transfer 2 years ago, in 2017, but it probably wasn't official until 2018.

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I made the mistake of thinking that the official  immigration website was up to date????

I only knew because I was locally informed from my IO, as I apply for the marriage extension which has to be approved by the HQ.

21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I believe they started the transfer 2 years ago, in 2017, but it probably wasn't official until 2018.

The file is from June of 2018.

Korat immigration moved to where they were located before in July or so last year.

• Thanks 1