Unique Experience?

Puchaiyank

Many years ago I was in a restaurant with about 7 others having a meal. There was two guys next to me chatting together like they were friends. I overheard one saying to the other..."I'm sorry I ignored you yesterday, I hope you weren't offended"..."No problem" said the other guy..."I wasn't hurt....but my Ego sure as hell was"...then they both laughed together.

To this day I give a lot of thought to the meaning behind that statement...a lot of food for though there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Once in a lifetime ? Perhaps. Many of these memories I'll probably never experience again. Some I hope I never experience again.

Standing on the pyramids in Egypt.DSC00017.JPG.789be142b68ff7788a088ed9e356f873.JPG
Standing in the middle of Angkor Wat. DSC00310.thumb.JPG.1d468fdbc0323920fa619a78c49ea539.JPG

Standing in the Blue Mosque in Istanbul. 1758393501_Istanbul(8hourlayover)(3).thumb.JPG.c492d77ef112cfa348b8d5cd43c242bd.JPG

Re-enacting the Devil's Brigade WW II landings in the Aleutian Islands as a young army private. army-9.jpg.897b776397fc5921d1d7c99038b9ff67.jpg

Being shot at (a few times) while on a peacekeeping mission in Croatia in '92/93. croatia-28.thumb.jpg.a8c77fdaa4f427b1b3d23deb6c2c7fdc.jpg

Having my work truck blown to pieces by a Taliban rocket barely 75 meters from where I was sitting in my room in 2011. IMG_3988.thumb.JPG.7c703d742ce04deca832d3d4f61de39e.JPG

Still lots of time to add some new "once in a lifetime" memories though.

Might not find any Japanese Twins in Thailand, but you never know..........

1221676012_giphy(1).gif.14437821e3344888628539eaf9d4b2f9.gif

Great adventures...have a few more myself...????

The OP is describing an event of overwhelming lust caused by natural male horniness due to the testosterone hormone. (This type of event is today described as "toxic masculinity by some).

In extreme instances, it gives a huge jolt of adrenaline.

I think it happens to most of us except those of us who consume a lot of soy.

1 hour ago, Ulic said:

Spending 7 months sailing across the South Pacific with a buddy on his boat. Blue waters, starry nights,

the bioluminescence sparkling everwhere when pissing off the side of the boat at night, beautiful islands, crystal clear diving. Loved it, and recommend it to everyone who enjoys reading and the quiet life. Sailing is living proof you can't die of boredom. 

My liveaboard holiday in the Maldives was one of the best experiences of my life, albeit not life-changing.

My most 'life-changing' experience was a short trip to Kenya as part of a teachers' educational trip visit to encourage school trips.....  It made it very clear how lucky we are, and how unlucky are so many people in that region.☹️

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, milwaukeeboy said:

The OP is describing an event of overwhelming lust caused by natural male horniness due to the testosterone hormone. (This type of event is today described as "toxic masculinity by some).

In extreme instances, it gives a huge jolt of adrenaline.

I think it happens to most of us except those of us who consume a lot of soy.

And some Oxytocin also.

1 hour ago, Khaeng Mak said:
  • Staked a kid (baby goat) out on Komodo island and watched it get attacked and devoured by a pack of dragons
  • Caught a 108 kg yellow fin tuna
  • Worked in Mother Theresa's street hospital in Calcutta
  • Trekked to the base of Sagarmatha
  • Completed an indentured apprenticeship and three degrees
  • Dived with a 4m white pointer
  • Visited 47 countries
  • Rode a horse worth 7.5 million dollars US in Washing DC
  • Built my own consultancy up from scratch starting in my garage with initial capital of only $1,200
  • Completed successful projects for some of the largest private and publicly listed companies in the world
  • Successfully applied to government for grant to assistant project that sought to find male mentors for boys raised by single women
  • Raised significant amounts of money to assist in purchase of equipment for pediatric ward 
  • Developed my own propriety software that was adopted by a number global companies including Glencore and Xstrata
  • Surfed a 5m barrel
  • Seen a sumatran rhino in the wild
  • Layed a flower on Tenzing Norgay's grave
  • Patted a snow leopard
  • Hand feed a loaf of bread to a hippo
  • Spent my 35 birthday dancing on the aft deck of a 52 foot cutter rigged ketch moored in the Scheldt river in Antwerp.  I was tripping on molly, Bergen Op Zoom hydro, and Cote d'Or chocolate. I was dancing with a bunch of uni girls who where part of the African dance troupe. We where dancing to live trance music played on a set of bag pipes.  It was snowing.
  • Punched a bully and broke his cheek bone and eye socket.
  • Stabbed in a nightclub
  • Robbed at knife point
  • Survived a crash into a power pole.  I was in the back seat.  Other 3 friends in the car killed
  • Water skied at 90 miles per hour behind blown 454 boat
  • Learned to barefoot
  • Successfully invested in rare coins and gemstones
  • Developed property
  • Taught at Technical College and University
  • Taught Intellectually Disabled Students
  • Taught Aboriginal and Torres Straight Island students
  • Taught myself to code in JS and PHP
  • Published author
  • Published academic author
  • Published cartoonist

And I am just getting started...

You have done enough already for 3 lifetimes...thank you for your report...I would suggest slowing down but guess it is not in your DNA to do so...????