40 illegal Chinese Wedding Photographers at Kamala beach everyday all year

ChasingTheSun

1 hour ago, owenm said:

Non paid friends of the couple..

To prove otherwise that they are working paid pro photographers.. Not easy to prove!! If not professional, no working visa required, because they weren't working.. Friends of the couple capturing their wedding for no capital gain. 

Capital gain is not important.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Love it when the foreigner gets on his high horse about what he perceives as somehow any of his business, in a land in which the intricacies and convolutions of corruption and backhanders he has little conception.

Go ahead, report what you see to the police, take it higher up, as high up the food chain as you can, make a nuisance of yourself, but don't expect necessarily to sleep easy in your bed in Thailand ever again.

Correct, this is why I mentioned to the OP to go ahead and report it.  

6 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:
9 hours ago, baansgr said:

This is all we need, undercover grasses working for BIB.....what difference does it make to you, enjoy the sunsets and forget about them

Please re-read the posts above and come back with some thoughtful perpesctive before replying anymore.

I think what baansgr is politely asking is "Don't you have anything more important or rewarding in your life to do than worry about some beach photographers?

I agree with him..

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

I think what baansgr is politely asking is "Don't you have anything more important or rewarding in your life to do than worry about some beach photographers?

I agree with him..

Did baansgr ask you to communicate on his behalf with trollish rubbish? Or do you believe that he is incapable of intelligent communication?

Please mind your own business and stop trolling if you have nothing of value to add to a serious conversation about law and order.

2 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Love it when the foreigner gets on his high horse about what he perceives as somehow any of his business, in a land in which the intricacies and convolutions of corruption and backhanders he has little conception.

Go ahead, report what you see to the police, take it higher up, as high up the food chain as you can, make a nuisance of yourself, but don't expect necessarily to sleep easy in your bed in Thailand ever again.

Another troll statement without any value added information/thoughts on the issue at hand.

You are wasting space here.

6 hours ago, baansgr said:

If you are so worried about the law and want to help report crime, go wait outside some karaokes at 4am and report the Thais for drug abuse, weapon conceelment and drunk driving,... Really puts a few Chinese  happy snappers on the beach into perspective.

Please stay on topic.

open a separate topic  if you are concerned about karaoke bars.

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

They're in Karon most days around sunset as well, generally in a quieter part of the beach without the Russian hordes. I don't have a problem, but one had a problem with me when my dog cocked his leg on his tripod!

Karon is much bigger than Kamala, so probably not quite the same nuisance factor, unless there were 100 illegal photographers working there.

please do bring your dog for a walk i  kamala beach sometime, it may help to disperse the illegal photo workers ???? 

6 hours ago, Damaz6052 said:

Foreigners can work as photographers in Thailand with a WP. Of course these guys don't! A local restaurant owner told me they called the police and army on separate occasions. They inspected the beach but nothing came of that visit....Looks like there's higher players taking care of business.

I was at the Baanzan Markets a few weeks back and there are Chinese touts working the seafood restaurants.

Unfortunately, it seems like there is usually no attempt by “authorities” to solve a problem in the LOS unless thai social media gets on it in a viral way.

My hope is that threads like this will somehow be the spark that ignites some sort of thai social media response,  and eventually some action, to solve this problem.

cheers.

12 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Unfortunately, it seems like there is usually no attempt by “authorities” to solve a problem in the LOS unless thai social media gets on it in a viral way.

My hope is that threads like this will somehow be the spark that ignites some sort of thai social media response,  and eventually some action, to solve this problem.

cheers.

So.........you lost your bottle.

14 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Did baansgr ask you to communicate on his behalf with trollish rubbish? Or do you believe that he is incapable of intelligent communication?

Please mind your own business and stop trolling if you have nothing of value to add to a serious conversation about law and order.

Are you the new 'Blockwart' here?

Live and let live isn't that bad. Stay cool and enjoy life.

Good that HKT still has some freedom feeling left.

I find them annoying as well. I'm trying to enjoy the sunset, but they act like they are the only one on the beach who are trying to take a photo and enjoy the sunset. I remember a few years ago there was a ban on wedding party and big group photo sessions. But as we all know they decide to enforce laws selectively just like most other countries. Crack down on Chinese wedding parties on the beach coming soon! LOL! The Thais are running out of "quality tourists" that they had sought after and now will take whatever they get and put up with it. 

15 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

cheers.

I've read all the posts on this interesting topic, but I still don't understand what these happy snappers do. Do they take your pic and ask you to buy the print?

Photograph these people in action and post the pics on this thread. 

I think the police receive brown envelopes since they have been allowed to carry on for so long. If you want something done about it Bangkok needs to get involved. 

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I've read all the posts on this interesting topic, but I still don't understand what these happy snappers do. Do they take your pic and ask you to buy the print?

Photograph these people in action and post the pics on this thread. 

No these are organised groups of 3-4 staff and a driver, along with the 'happy couple'. They are based behind a noodle shop on the main drag. Up to ten crews on an average day. They block sidewalks, strew their kit everywhere, jabber away at top volume and are a royal PITA. There is no interface with selling tourists photos. 

For those who don't think they are an issue how would you feel if a random guy was stood in the back of YOUR truck taking pictures or posing?

2 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

No these are organised groups of 3-4 staff and a driver, along with the 'happy couple'. They are based behind a noodle shop on the main drag. Up to ten crews on an average day. They block sidewalks, strew their kit everywhere, jabber away at top volume and are a royal PITA. There is no interface with selling tourists photos. 

For those who don't think they are an issue how would you feel if a random guy was stood in the back of YOUR truck taking pictures or posing?

Similar thing in Vietienne in Laos. Near that Ark-de-treumph building there are freelance photographers badgering anyone that looks at though they could do with a framed pic with the building in the background.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:08 PM, ChasingTheSun said:
On 4/27/2019 at 6:08 PM, ChasingTheSun said:

This would be a great photo op for the Big Joke or his replacement

Given recent events, both parties you mention may think twice about "upsetting" the apple cart :wink:

8 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

So.........you lost your bottle.

Freudian slip? You mean battle?

Nope.

Threads like this spread the word. As they say “a squeaking wheel gets the grease.”

Eventually enough thais will get informed & upset enough about all the illegal chinese workers stealing there jobs, breaking thai laws , and causing a nuisance, and then they may fix it. 

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Similar thing in Vietienne in Laos. Near that Ark-de-treumph building there are freelance photographers badgering anyone that looks at though they could do with a framed pic with the building in the background.

I know of the touts you are talking about in vientiene. The business in Kamala is not the same at all mate.

In Kamala, there are at least ten “teams” of illegal PRCs working each day, comprised of four illegal PRC workers in each team, each team catering to a different PRC couple each day.

It is a highly organized and illegal assembly line of pre-paid photo shoots, with photo equipment and props, and it is spread-out across almost half of Kamala beach everyday.

A daily invasion of illegal FOREIGN workers, doing an illegal business openly, and essentially ruining a major tourist beach.

5 minutes ago, ChasingTheSun said:

I know of the touts you are talking about in vientiene. The business in Kamala is not the same at all mate.

In Kamala, there are at least ten “teams” of illegal PRCs working each day, comprised of four illegal PRC workers in each team, each team catering to a different PRC couple each day.

It is a highly organized and illegal assembly line of pre-paid photo shoots, with photo equipment and props, and it is spread-out across almost half of Kamala beach everyday.

A daily invasion of illegal FOREIGN workers, doing an illegal business openly, and essentially ruining a major tourist beach.

So, why do the people just say, politely but firmly, NO THANK YOU? Are these "highly organized and illegal" gangs actually welcomed?

This whole thing has me baffled. If there wasn't a market there wouldn't be any happy snappers.

46 minutes ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Nope.

Threads like this spread the word. As they say “a squeaking wheel gets the grease.”

Eventually enough thais will get informed & upset enough about all the illegal chinese workers stealing there jobs, breaking thai laws , and causing a nuisance, and then they may fix it. 

No, he means bottle.

34 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

So, why do the people just say, politely but firmly, NO THANK YOU? Are these "highly organized and illegal" gangs actually welcomed?

This whole thing has me baffled. If there wasn't a market there wouldn't be any happy snappers.

It is organized prearranged and prepaid wedding photoshoot packages. The PRC couples come prepared in tuxedos and wedding gowns. 

On 4/27/2019 at 7:04 PM, batata said:

guess Thailand became the 52nd Chinese province

Which is quite a feat seeing as at lunch time today, there were only 23 Chinese provinces.

Talk about stealth encroachment eh?

As for beach photographers, meh........????

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

the Chinese BOOK a full day of the photographer an team with various clothes changes and set ups around Kamala.

There is also another tour that entails a van and various photo shoots around the island
Not sure if this is booked Before they leave China or when they arrive

Never seen anyone in  a tuk but lots of ill fitting suits and wedding gowns that get ruined in the surf, so i think the clothes are included in the package

This is the way it will work here.  Farang will be openly targeted and arrested while the Chinese will continue to set up business, take Thai jobs and buy up condos for airbnb rentals with little or no repercussions.  Welcome to the colony.

And not have to marry a Thai gal to put the business in her name. 

58 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

This is the way it will work here.  Farang will be openly targeted and arrested while the Chinese will continue to set up business, take Thai jobs and buy up condos for airbnb rentals with little or no repercussions.  Welcome to the colony.

And not have to marry a Thai gal to put the business in her name. 

Nonsense, the Chinese have a much tougher time than farang do.

3 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Nope.

23 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

cheers.

If you truly want the message to get to the Thais, you would need to join a local facebook group in that area (Phuket, Kathu, Kamala Beach, Patong, etc: news, accidents, etc).  And these FB groups will be 98-100% in Thai language, and you would likely have to post in Thai to get it in the media.

This will hardly get noticed here (for anything revolutionary).  At best, some foreigners are just more aware that there are some possible illegal chinese wedding photographers on that specific beach.   

4 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

If you truly want the message to get to the Thais, you would need to join a local facebook group in that area (Phuket, Kathu, Kamala Beach, Patong, etc: news, accidents, etc).  And these FB groups will be 98-100% in Thai language, and you would likely have to post in Thai to get it in the media.

This will hardly get noticed here (for anything revolutionary).  At best, some foreigners are just more aware that there are some possible illegal chinese wedding photographers on that specific beach.   

I agree FB could possibly get viral “shares”.

Imagine how incensed an aspiring amateur(or even a professional) Thai photographer would be if they knew all these relatively lucrative photoshoot jobs were openly going to illegal foreigners.  

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

Nonsense, the Chinese have a much tougher time than farang do.

What are you smoking?  The country is run by Chinese Thais... the govt is bending over backwards for Chinese tourists... you must be living in a bubble.  The Chinese rail lines are already making their way through Laos and will soon connect China with all their new colonies... wake up bro!!!

6 hours ago, tlandtday said:

What are you smoking?  The country is run by Chinese Thais... the govt is bending over backwards for Chinese tourists... you must be living in a bubble.  The Chinese rail lines are already making their way through Laos and will soon connect China with all their new colonies... wake up bro!!!

Chinese Thai is not the same as Chinese.

Chinese need visa on arrival, no visa exempt entry, and same hoops to get extensions and non-immigrant visa even more difficult for them. Chinese can not put a business in their name as you claim.

Archived