Trump pulling U.S. out of U.N. arms treaty, heeding NRA

rooster59

5 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/30/magazine/the-lessons-of-anwar-al-awlaki.html

Beyond Awlaki’s case, concerns inside and outside the government about blowback from drone strikes have steadily grown, fed by the backlash against the unintended deaths of civilians. Among those victims was Awlaki’s 16-year-old son, also a U.S. citizen, killed two weeks after his father in what American officials call a mistake; they say they were targeting an Al Qaeda operative.

I bring facts to counter your propaganda.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks, but well aware of the circumstance. You have not addressed the increase of drone strikes under trump, nor his suppression of reporting of drone strikes - got to say you would make a reasonable spin / deflection job with trump Administration.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, howbri said:

America has not intention of being governed by a bunch of Eurocentric, globalist bureaucrats.

but they will be because they don't have enough ability to do it themselves.  Anyway, if they don't like the Europeans doing it then they can always ask the Aussies.  :cheesy:

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, ronrat said:

If Trump disrespects the UN so much why doesn't he kick them out of New York or what that just empty out half of Trump towers.

In my opinion, he needs it so he can save Israel from all the countries that oppose it, with the veto.

If the UN moved elsewhere without the US on the security council, Israel would probably be a pariah state within a month, in my opinion.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, car720 said:

Amazing actually how this has become a Rest of the World against America style argument.  I wonder why.

Don't include me in that. The US is the only thing preventing a certain country taking over my part of the world, IMO.

I want a US military with a huge budget, that Trump is pushing for.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, car720 said:

Amazing actually how this has become a Rest of the World against America style argument.  I wonder why.

How many countries are feelin the no more hand outs and pay your way agenda in the UN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2019 at 4:03 AM, bluesofa said:

Surely, the end result of all this is so many guns used to kill so many of your own population?

Let them kill each other. I can never understand why you would need an assault rifle to go hunting. 

• Sad 1

On 4/28/2019 at 2:21 PM, Redline said:

The reason for the amendment was to keep slaves in check-a bit out of context now

Bullpucky. Show us where you learned that little tidbit of silliness

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, car720 said:

Always like that. Same way folks take potshots at Robby Keane, when you are the best and the baddest.....

On 4/30/2019 at 4:58 PM, Nyezhov said:

In other words, you got nothing.

Or, in still other words, I've got something:

Was Slavery a Factor in the Second Amendment?

For many Americans, if there is an image that comes to mind when they think about that amendment, it is the musket in the hands of minutemen at Lexington and Concord.

A dramatic but little-known story reveals that a more accurate image may be the musket in the hands of slave owners. It explains why, when he entered Congress and wrote a Bill of Rights, James Madison included a right to bear arms, and why it included the clause “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State …”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/opinion/second-amendment-slavery-james-madison.html

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, bristolboy said:

Or, in still other words, I've got something:

Was Slavery a Factor in the Second Amendment?

For many Americans, if there is an image that comes to mind when they think about that amendment, it is the musket in the hands of minutemen at Lexington and Concord.

A dramatic but little-known story reveals that a more accurate image may be the musket in the hands of slave owners. It explains why, when he entered Congress and wrote a Bill of Rights, James Madison included a right to bear arms, and why it included the clause “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State …”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/opinion/second-amendment-slavery-james-madison.html

some may have been thinking that but it does in no way mitigate the second amendment as a safety clause in the event a tyrannical government should develop in the future.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

some may have been thinking that but it does in no way mitigate the second amendment as a safety clause in the event a tyrannical government should develop in the future.

You've already got one. Break out the muskets!

35 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Yes, if the king of England tried to retake the USA. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You can laugh. When William is King he'll no doubt send his brother over to sort you out.

He's already been over, violated and carried off one of your maidens.

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You can laugh. When William is King he'll no doubt send his brother over to sort you out.

He's already been over, violated and carried off one of your maidens.

Not exactly mine, and I don't think she could be called a young girl anymore.

3 hours ago, stevenl said:
3 hours ago, atyclb said:

is that the only scenario you can think of?