Trump pulling U.S. out of U.N. arms treaty, heeding NRA

rooster59

1 hour ago, impulse said:

American history is full of incidents where an armed public changed the result of something the government was trying to do.  Specifically, there have been several labor disputes where the government sent in a goon squad and were repelled by the armed strikers.  Just recently, we saw the Bundy standoff.  Instead of a quick "round 'em up and throw 'em in irons", the armed protest went on for days and weeks.

Without passing judgment on whether the causes were good or bad, there is no doubt that being armed against the government changed the outcomes.  So then, the question becomes, what kind of shenanigans does the government not even try, because they know they'll be opposed by armed resistance.

True those incidents were handled with kid glove bottom line if they really want your guns they will take them and if you resist you will be dead that being said I’m for gun ownership but I would like through background checks and the authority’s given the tools to keep guns away from the nut jobs

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Which is juxtaposed by the Kent State massacre when the National Guard opened fire on a group of unarmed student protesters, killing 4 and wounding 9.

The US a civilised country? I don't think so.

Well, Georges Clemenceau once remarked that "America was the only country that he knew of which had gone from barbarism to decadence without any intervening stages"

Apparently the posters here are stuck somewhere on the Indian frontier circa 1765 a'loadin their muskets and eternally on the watch for shadows in the night..

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Dudes smoke a bowl. If you wanna hate guns hate em. If I want to own one I will and you aint getting it. So lets smoke a bowl. And order a pizza.

Thanks Nyezhov. Happy to disagree on any topic and smoke a bowl whilst discussing it. It's what civilised people do. Can we do it over fish and chips?

Edited by Spidey
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Education is free to all in the UK. No need for parents money.

Really, who pays for it. That money growing on trees?  Your ignorance explains a lot. Go back to your keyboard mighty "Commando"

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Apparently the posters here are stuck somewhere on the Indian frontier circa 1765 a'loadin their muskets and eternally on the watch for shadows in the night..

Browning HP and AR-15 actually.

1 minute ago, Longcut said:

Really, who pays for it. That money growing on trees?  Your ignorance explains a lot. Go back to your keyboard mighty "Commando"

The government pays for all, whether they can afford it or not. It's called "equal opportunities".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Can we do it over fish and chips?

Thats why you Subjects lost an empire, your national food is what we feed Nappie fillers. And ya gave up your guns.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Nope. Not in my book. Massacres in Ireland are in the past, hopefully and were as a result, as far as the IRA were concerned, a consequence of war. Mass shootings in US a completely different ball game.

A number of years ago, a young couple from my home town were on a fly/drive holiday in Florida. Stopped at a red light and were gunned down in an attempted mugging. I know a number of Brits who have been put off holidaying in the US by the amount of lawlessness and danger for tourists in the US.

April 18, 2019, is in the past?  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

April 18, 2019, is in the past?  

Having spent 3 years at RAF Lakenheath. Which I totally despised. I would opt for the wild west of the USA anytime. There is nothing worse than being stuck on an island. They call it a country. But, it is an island.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Longcut said:

Having spent 3 years at RAF Lakenheath. Which I totally despised. I would opt for the wild west of the USA anytime. There is nothing worse than being stuck on an island. They call it a country. But, it is an island.

That's probably because the locals weren't very happy with you. Bringing shedloads of cruise missiles to our "island" wasn't appreciated.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Spidey said:

That's probably because the locals weren't very happy with you. Bringing shedloads of cruise missiles to our "island" wasn't appreciated.

Then ask us to leave. The American people will be ecstatic not having to pay that bill any longer. 

Remember the last time you kicked us out?

Oh yeah, My mistake. That was us kicking your butts out of our country.

Edited by Longcut
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Again showing your ignorance. The British have their own cruise missiles. The Storm Shadow. Used by the UK and Italy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Good.Leave.

Presumably you are in Thailand and not paying many of the bills...

I am but still have many real estates holding back in the U.S.  I still pay taxes on all of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1