Recomendation for Condos for holiday in Jomtien

Sparkles

I have been scrolling through travel sites looking for a condo ,with kitchen, for a holiday period for my family visiting from Australia. 2 adults ,one 5yr old

I am asking about Jomtien as want to get away from the Pattaya bar scene and more importantly any 2 am noise

My confusion is that the reviews on indivual properties  range from "fabulous" to "avoid at all costs" for the same site.

I understand that many condos are privately owned and would prefer somewhere where management is onsite.

Within walking distance to beach is a preference but not on the beach necessarily.

Any personal experiences would be appreciated.

36 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

My confusion is that the reviews on indivual properties  range from "fabulous" to "avoid at all costs" for the same site.

I understand that many condos are privately owned and would prefer somewhere where management is onsite.

By definition all condos are privately owned (or should be). This is why reviews can be good or bad for the same building: it all depends on the landlord or his agent as to how good or bad an individual unit is. Many people dont seem to realise this.

You also have some buildings in which the developer has not sold all the units and so rents out the unsold ones. Technically this should not happen and if I was a co-owner in a building like that I would be giving the developer and the building management endless stick about it.

14 hours ago, KittenKong said:

By definition all condos are privately owned (or should be). This is why reviews can be good or bad for the same building: it all depends on the landlord or his agent as to how good or bad an individual unit is. Many people dont seem to realise this.

You also have some buildings in which the developer has not sold all the units and so rents out the unsold ones. Technically this should not happen and if I was a co-owner in a building like that I would be giving the developer and the building management endless stick about it.

Appreciate reply.We live in CM and many families over Songkran escaped the horrendous smoke haze here and escaped to the coast but some found places they stayed with no one to greet them and units not even cleaned,some were spot on.Also having been in the accom business myself owners will sometimes post glowing reports that are simply not true,

I traveled a lot and what I always did I booked a room for one or two nights. And after arriving there I looked if there are better options. In respect of reviews - for instance in Saigon I booked a hotel with great reviews that was built directly over a train station. It was a very special experience but I wouldn't book this accommodation again... 

nothing wrong with Jomtien Beach Condominium....5 blocks to choose from....the best being S one and S two    5 mins from beach....have 2 swim pools and fitness centre. Bars/restaurants, laundry....massage....condo agents as well as security..

I been at condo for ten years.

Most condos have sea views...kitchens and double rooms are available...

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

nothing wrong with Jomtien Beach Condominium....5 blocks to choose from....the best being S one and S two    5 mins from beach....have 2 swim pools and fitness centre. Bars/restaurants, laundry....massage....condo agents as well as security..

I been at condo for ten years.

Most condos have sea views...kitchens and double rooms are available...

Ok checking that out .Will only be 2 weeks but next CM "smoke season" probably 6 weeks,thanks

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Since you will be there only 2 weeks then you should be looking at HOTELS, not condos. Come on bro, you live in Thailand and don't know the law that condos have a MINIMUM stay of 1 month??? Seriously????

If you care to go to all the travel sites for hotel/resort condominium bookings they all have condos for daily,weekly ,monthly rent and reviews from people who stayed.Maybe a certain amount of room are classed as a hotel.If you care to look at the fb site Chiang mai v Sea there are mamy people who escaped the horrendous smoke in CM with their kids and spent a few days at Resorts/Hotels/Condominiums call them what you like. www.amazonresidence.com in Jomtien is one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

If you care to go to all the travel sites for hotel/resort condominium bookings they all have condos for daily,weekly ,monthly rent and reviews from people who stayed.Maybe a certain amount of room are classed as a hotel.If you care to look at the fb site Chiang mai v Sea there are mamy people who escaped the horrendous smoke in CM with their kids and spent a few days at Resorts/Hotels/Condominiums call them what you like. www.amazonresidence.com in Jomtien is one

How about moving out of CM as you and everyone else knows that CM has shocking pollution, if that's your concern which is seems it is. Many better places to live that doesn't have so much pollution in Thailand.

8 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

How about moving out of CM as you and everyone else knows that CM has shocking pollution, if that's your concern which is seems it is. Many better places to live that doesn't have so much pollution in Thailand.

12 years ago when my Thai wife and I moved here pollution was a minor problem,we did do our homework.This year it was off the scale

We have never thought about moving until now but there is massive over supply of houses and a very depressed market.

Our house is a modest 2 bedroom ,doesnt give us a lot of wriggle room and I need to be near a competent hospital for treatment of my ongoing skin cancer and other medical concerns.Once you start looking around,ie the coastal regions, there are not many options we can afford.

To move to another country brings with it another set of problems and prior to settling in Thailand I lived in Vietnam for a short period and worked in the Philippines ,the latter I would never go back to.

For us to settle in my home country Australia would require getting my wife a visa to live permanently now over 7 K to apply with no refund if refused and like many retirees cost of living is over the top,one of the reasons so many Australians have settled in Thailand ,they may be regretting it now.

My wife has a large, loving family here to  which also makes moving more complex.If you are single and renting the decison is easy

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:06 PM, thaitero said:

wrong.

Limit is 1 month not 90 days..

Seems a lot of differing opinions and when the building is large who knows what is run by on site management as a hotel and how many are "investment units" let out or how many permanent residents.All I know is what I read on travel sites, prices and reviews

38 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Seems a lot of differing opinions and when the building is large who knows what is run by on site management as a hotel and how many are "investment units" let out or how many permanent residents.All I know is what I read on travel sites, prices and reviews

There may be a lot of 'differing opinions' but 1 month is correct. Rentals of less than a month are illegal and violate the Thai Hotel Act.  My condo project in Bangkok just had a big sweep by the Immigration Police--at least 12 officers on site checking illegal rentals.  They were here most of th day.  Owners doing illegal rentals were fined and the illegal renters were also fined as they had not been registered at Immigration.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, newnative said:

There may be a lot of 'differing opinions' but 1 month is correct. Rentals of less than a month are illegal and violate the Thai Hotel Act.  My condo project in Bangkok just had a big sweep by the Immigration Police--at least 12 officers on site checking illegal rentals.  They were here most of th day.  Owners doing illegal rentals were fined and the illegal renters were also fined as they had not been registered at Immigration.

Interesting but no sure they have the man power to police every condo from Bangkok to Pattaya /Jomtien.Havent heard of any checks in CM,Just been harrassing Guest Houses and hotels for not abiding to a  whole set of rules dragged out of the archives eg not enough "green " space.I will obviously stick with the ones which I hope are legit on travel sites

Edited by Sparkles

On 4/29/2019 at 1:49 PM, ToddinChonburi said:

Be aware that less than 90 day leases are not allowed in Condos. Condotel or hotel only.

1000's of condo owners are renting out their units daily etc. I see this happening in condos all around town. Nothing to "be aware off". As you know many things are "not allowed" in Thailand, but 99.99% disregard the rules. As those who know "TiT".

1 hour ago, bungcheese said:

1000's of condo owners are renting out their units daily etc. I see this happening in condos all around town. Nothing to "be aware off". As you know many things are "not allowed" in Thailand, but 99.99% disregard the rules. As those who know "TiT".

At my condo, there are big signs warning of daily rentals but I ALWAYS see new people coming and going, even the reviews think its a hotel.

I still do not understand thais after a decade.