Tax Documents for New Non B

I left my previous company within the initial 90 days Non B Visa. Now I got another offer from different company and going to apply for a new Non B in my country India.

I did not pay any taxes during 3 months I was employed and even the company never mentioned anything about it. 

Now for the new Non B I need to show tax papers from my previous job. How do I do that. Also what all papers I need from previous employer except recommendation letter?

Please help 

10 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Normally it is your responsibility to ensure you are paying taxes on your earnings.

Do you have a tax number? 

I would say it is recommended you go to your nearest tax/revenue department and sort it out.

I asked my previous employer and they said that the income was not taxable during probation period. So they only deducted social security every month.

I have already cancelled my work permit.

20 minutes ago, Danny286 said:

I asked my previous employer and they said that the income was not taxable during probation period. So they only deducted social security every month.

I have already cancelled my work permit.

Personally I find it hard to believe. Any earnings generated in Thailand from employment are taxable in Thailand and then there are the allowances and deductions which are permissible under the relevant tax year to reduce the tax burden.

Did you or the employer start applying for a work permit?

You could consult a tax accountant and sort the tax part out and see what they can suggest and what paperwork could be provided.

Edited by userabcd

The income is taxable. Do you have a tax TIN number? You get this at the revenue office before you register at the Social Fund office.

No TIN number, and your previous company hasn't registered or paid social fund for you either.

If your previous company didn't pay tax or social fund for you then there was zero chance of you getting a one year extension of stay based on working for a Thai company.

15 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Personally I find it hard to believe. Any earnings generated in Thailand from employment are taxable in Thailand and then there are the allowances and deductions which are permissible under the relevant tax year to reduce the tax burden.

Did you or the employer start applying for a work permit?

You could consult a tax accountant and sort the tax part out and see what they can suggest and what paperwork could be provided.

I do not know if my salary was after deducting tax and the company paid taxes on my behalf. I do not have a TIN number. 

I came here with a Non B visa on 25 November and I got my work permit on 17th December after that I can see the social security being deducted from my salary as it was mentioned in salary slip but no mention of any tax deduction.

I resigned from that job on 27th February as my 90 days Visa also expired and I cancelled my work permit.

Now I got another offer and was wondering if there'll be any issue in obtaining a new Non B since it requires tax documents if previously worked here.

23 minutes ago, blackcab said:

The income is taxable. Do you have a tax TIN number? You get this at the revenue office before you register at the Social Fund office.

No TIN number, and your previous company hasn't registered or paid social fund for you either.

If your previous company didn't pay tax or social fund for you then there was zero chance of you getting a one year extension of stay based on working for a Thai company.

I know the income was taxable and I even asked about it but my old company said it's not required to pay.

I don't want to apply for extension of stay as I have already left that company and now joining a new one.

I want to apply for a new Non B with the new company. And it requires tax documents if previous worked in Thailand. That's what I am confused about.

8 minutes ago, Danny286 said:

I know the income was taxable and I even asked about it but my old company said it's not required to pay.

Since you started working so late in the year the company probably did not deduct any taxes for last year since you had not reached 150k baht income needed to have to pay taxes or file a return.

Many companies do not start deducting taxes until you reach the 150k baht number.

I don't think you will need to show tax payments if you can prove you did earn 150k baht last year or this year.

9 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Did your previous company pay social fund? Do you have a TIN?

If yes, you and the previous company need to fix things.

If no then there is no record of you working in Thailand.

Yes the company paid social fund, it was mentioned in my salary slip. 

But I have no TIN number.

I had a work permit so there is a record I guess. But I never extended my Visa or work permit.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you started working so late in the year the company probably did not deduct any taxes for last year since you had not reached 150k baht income needed to have to pay taxes or file a return.

Many companies do not start deducting taxes until you reach the 150k baht number.

I don't think you will need to show tax payments if you can prove you did earn 150k baht last year or this year.

I only worked for 3 months.

My total earning in 3 months would be around 100k. So is that why I was not required to pay.

Is it calculated on monthly cumulative income until it reaches 150k and only then you're required to pay?

Or is it based on your annual income if more than 150k than you have to pay.

Edited by Danny286

It seems your employment bridges 2018/2019 tax year.

If your company was paying social security then you should have a tax number.

Contact the tax office to get your tax number then file a tax return for 2018 with your earnings, deductions and allowances, you may have no tax to pay for 2018 but you will have a copy of a tax return.

Now for 2019, you have some earnings from one employer and potentially a new employer. You will file a tax return for your earnings at the end of 2019.

12 minutes ago, Danny286 said:

Is it calculated on monthly cumulative income until it reaches 150k and only then you're required to pay?

It is when your income reaches 150k baht for the year. Some employers will deduct it before 150k is earned based upon you estimated annual earnings.

3 minutes ago, userabcd said:

It seems your employment bridges 2018/2019 tax year.

If your company was paying social security then you should have a tax number.

Contact the tax office to get your tax number then file a tax return for 2018 with your earnings, deductions and allowances, you may have no tax to pay for 2018 but you will have a copy of a tax return.

Now for 2019, you have some earnings from one employer and potentially a new employer. You will file a tax return for your earnings at the end of 2019.

I started working after I got my work permit on 17th December 2018. I got my first salary slip on 30th January 2019.
What do I do?

Pay for 2018 or not?

5 minutes ago, userabcd said:

When did you really physically start working? which month/year.

The salary slip will justify the earning for which period of work.

Its a little confusing and you may have to ask the tax office to clarify.

I only have salary slip from January 2019.
No record of any income from 2018 as I got the work permit on 17th December 2018 and it was almost year end so I didn't actually start working until after New Year from January 2019.

Edited by Danny286

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is when your income reaches 150k baht for the year. Some employers will deduct it before 150k is earned based upon you estimated annual earnings.

My estimated annual earnings based on my salary would've been above 150k.
But I only got paid for just 2 months. So I do not know If I was required to pay taxes on those two months salary.

49 minutes ago, Danny286 said:

Yes the company paid social fund, it was mentioned in my salary slip. 

But I have no TIN number.

I had a work permit so there is a record I guess. But I never extended my Visa or work permit.

You cannot be registered for social fund if you don't have a TIN.

48 minutes ago, blackcab said:

You cannot be registered for social fund if you don't have a TIN.

33 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Suggest you go to your nearest tax office and discuss with them. See how they can help you.

So apparently the Revenue Department is 20baht away from my place.
I just went there and cleared everything.
They said I don't have to pay tax for 2018 as I did not get paid in 2018. I only worked for 2 months this year so I have to pay tax next year in 2020 and not this year. They also checked my social fund and suggested to get a tax number when I join the new company.
As for the visa, I do not have to show income tax proof for a new Non-B.
Now I just hope the Thai Consulate gets this as well.

Thanks all for the help.

Edited by Danny286

1 minute ago, Danny286 said:

So apparently the Revenue Department is 20baht away from my place.
I just went there and cleared everything.
They said I don't have to pay tax for 2018 as I did not get paid in 2018. I only worked for 2 months this year so I have to pay tax next year in 2020 and not this year. They also checked my social fund and suggested to get a tax number when I join the new company.
As for the visa, I do not have to show income tax proof for a new Non-B.
Now I just hope the Thai Consulate gets this as well.

There you go well done, Yes you would pay tax in 2020 for the 2019 tax year. Good luck with the new Non B visa.

• Like 1