Democrat, Future Forward claim victory in Nakhon Pathom recount

webfact

Democrat, Future Forward claim victory in Nakhon Pathom recount

23.jpg

Both the Democrat and Future Forward parties are claiming victory in an vote recount in Nakhon Pathom’s Constituency One.

The Future Forward party claimed that its young candidate, Ms. Sawika Limpasuwinna, received 35,707 votes in the recount, beating the Democrat candidate Lt-Col Sinthop Kaewpichit by a narrow margin of just 62 votes.  Sinthop received 35,645 votes, Future Forward claimed.

Palang Pracharat candidate Thanakorn Chaovanametha came third, with 20,387 votes.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/democrat-future-forward-claim-victory-in-nakhon-pathom-recount/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-04-29

Future Forward ahead in Nakhon Pathom constituency

By The Nation  

7d32c4044ee604947a4576a78c10f74a.jpeg

Future Forward Party has come through as the clear winner in the first constituency in Nakhon Pathom following Sunday’s recount of the ballots.

The recount was organised after Future Forward candidate Savika Limpasuwanna filed a complaint with the Election Commission, citing a possible miscount.

In the previous count, Savika lost to Democrat candidate Sinthop Kaewpichit by some 140 votes. But after tallying the votes herself, she discovered a mistake might have been made and that she had in fact come out on top. 

The recount on Sunday in the whole constituency with over 240 polling stations showed that Savika that indeed come first, winning 62 more votes than her Democrat opponent.

The Future Forward candidate got 35,707 votes while the Democrat received 35,645.

According to the EC, more objections were unlikely to be filed. In Sunday's recount, all parties sent representatives to observe the recount and did not raise any objections.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30368535

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-29

15 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Just a small mistake. We forgive you EC. You always have been fair and just.

This EC bunch were hand-picked for their expertise in counting. I don't think they should be forgiven so readily. OK! So a sacking (losing job) is a bit extreme but why now send them to an inactive post for a while. Send out a clear message to all the TVForum members.

49 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

This EC bunch were hand-picked for their expertise in counting. I don't think they should be forgiven so readily. OK! So a sacking (losing job) is a bit extreme but why now send them to an inactive post for a while. Send out a clear message to all the TVForum members.

They have not been hand-picked for this reason and they are doing what was expected from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, seajae said:

and it turns out the tally was wrong again and the democrats actually won it

Got it wrong first time apparently. Counted again, maybe got it right or wrong, who knows as counting doesn't seem a skill. 

But some "look how important I am" has to announce figures anyway, just to add to the confusion.

This is one example. Instills great confidence in all the other counts.

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I don't think the EC are or were ever expected to actually count any ballots themselves. Their job was to ensure rigor in all processes, procedures, and ensure voting was carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, political parties and candidates abide by the relevant laws, and to ensure the counting of all polls in all constituencies was carried out efficiently and effectively.

They were hand-picked to do that, given a sizable budget, allowed overseas research trips, and had plenty of time to do so.

I think the fruits of their labors are there to be judged by all.

28 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I don't think the EC are or were ever expected to actually count any ballots themselves. Their job was to ensure rigor in all processes, procedures, and ensure voting was carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, political parties and candidates abide by the relevant laws, and to ensure the counting of all polls in all constituencies was carried out efficiently and effectively.

They were hand-picked to do that, given a sizable budget, allowed overseas research trips, and had plenty of time to do so.

I think the fruits of their labors are there to be judged by all.

We have judged and concluded that the EC is non independent and tool of the establishment. You agree? 

• Like 1