Change from 800,00 annually to 65000 monthly.

US social security deposited my monthly check for Sept. 2018 on Aug. 31, 2018 -- early by a day. Thus, my monthly income deposit for Sept. 2018 dropped below the 65,000 amount required each month.

I would expect that this will happen again depending upon the calendar each year. Beyond our control -- we can only request leniency from the IO.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:39 AM, mtls2005 said:

....I probably would stick with the 800k rules (90 days or is it 3 months, then min 400k, then 2/3 months seasoning before your annual ext in May, 2020. Then, next May, after getting an extension on the income method, maybe it would be safe to spend your 800k when/how you wish?

This is what I plan to do once the "kinks" in the 65k method and in international direct deposit of US Social Security are worked out. It"s the safest approach I think.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but there are perfectly good reasons to go with the 800k rather than income. Apart from the hassle of the transfers and the worries about the exchange rate. In my case, for example, since I require far less than 65k per month, I would be accumulating cash here which would defy the purpose.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but there are perfectly good reasons to go with the 800k rather than income. Apart from the hassle of the transfers and the worries about the exchange rate. In my case, for example, since I require far less than 65k per month, I would be accumulating cash here which would defy the purpose.

For the reasons that you state the Thai authorities have  3 choices

1 800K system

2 65000 per month

3 Marriage

Albeit you require less than 65000 baht per month -you still will need money every month-seperate to the 800k. Transfers and exchange rate worries have not gone away

On 4/30/2019 at 10:24 AM, mtls2005 said:

Apologies, I should have added... "...while initiating and maintaining a monthly history of qualifying foreign transfers, preferably beginning in May 2019, or possibly June 2019, if that through May 2020 would give your twelve (12) qualifying foreign transfers."

What if you did 12 transfers in 9 months?