How many countries are not issuing income letters anymore

24 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Since there is a new Immigration Commissioner- now would be a perfect time for the 3 offending Embassies to send a Memorandum to Thai Imm indicating they are reinstating the Embassy Letter to assist Thai Imm .

Each of the 3 Embassies  have the applicant fill out an affidavit stating the applicant is certifying their income as xxx per month  from xxx  Government/Company./  The applicant then shows the embassy their pension letter/ military or VA pension letter which must match what they claim/  The Applicant then swears under Oath it is correct,  

Thai Imm at some point can ask for added proof such as the bank statement showing the direct deposit of the stated pension amount. Everything should match.  

If their is a discrepancy-thai Imm can either ask for more proof or report  the applicant back to the Embassy indicating possible fraud.

"Each of the 3 Embassies  have the applicant fill out an affidavit stating the applicant is certifying their income as xxx per month  from xxx  Government/Company./  The applicant then shows the embassy their pension letter/ military or VA pension letter which must match what they claim/  The Applicant then swears under Oath it is correct,  

Thai Imm at some point can ask for added proof such as the bank statement showing the direct deposit of the stated pension amount. Everything should match. "

Which is exactly what other embassies, certifying the income, are doing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hans Rayong said:

How many countries are not issuing income letters anymore?

Only those Banana Republics who do not care about their citizens in Thailand.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:????

Are you suggesting the UK, Australia, USA and Denmark are Banana Republics?

????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Well that could work if one had a pension.  Me, most of my money will come from dividends and interest which will be like three times my social security benefit.  But all easily demonstrated.  Etrade has a fine income estimator that lists the equities I hold and the last income they generated and uses that to estimate the next year's income.  Etrade has said they would gladly issue some sort of letter explaining that.  And I would gladly supply the brokerage statements that show the equities in my possession.  None of this would be hard to do.  But unless some pressure or direction is applied to the US Embassy or the State Department, they will not do a thing.

The American Embassy leader really let all the US retirees down who depended on income affidavit letters.  It was such a small percentage of retirees who lied about the monthly income they were receiving.  

In spite of Thailands incompetent law enforcement, poorly designed roads, allowing farmers to burn their fields every year, and an immigration department staffed with poorly trained individuals, this country is an incredible place to live for western retirees.

I sincerely hope, the American Embassy (circus ring leader) will reconsider their irresponsible decision to discontinue issuing income affidavit letters and reinstate them.  There are a couple of posters who keep saying the reason the affidavit letters were discontinued, was because the monthly income retirees were claiming couldn't be verified.  That is not true my little feather merchants.  I suspect a mole from the American Embassy is providing this false information to a couple of naive posters who then post these simple minded comments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:????

Are you suggesting the UK, Australia, USA and Denmark are Banana Republics?

????

Not Denmark, they do supply the income letters again.

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2019 at 3:02 PM, Arkady said:

I heard the Brits justified their action by saying they are not in a position to take legal responsibility for the correctness of the information in the pension letters. 

yes of course this is meaningless in real life, but it looks good on a submission to a higher up, or Minister to cancel a service

6 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Since there is a new Immigration Commissioner- now would be a perfect time for the 3 offending Embassies to send a Memorandum to Thai Imm indicating they are reinstating the Embassy Letter to assist Thai Imm .

Each of the 3 Embassies  have the applicant fill out an affidavit stating the applicant is certifying their income as xxx per month  from xxx  Government/Company./  The applicant then shows the embassy their pension letter/ military or VA pension letter which must match what they claim/  The Applicant then swears under Oath it is correct,  

Thai Imm at some point can ask for added proof such as the bank statement showing the direct deposit of the stated pension amount. Everything should match.  

If their is a discrepancy-thai Imm can either ask for more proof or report  the applicant back to the Embassy indicating possible fraud.

that would be proactive, they prefer reactive or even more, nothing

• Like 1

Because so many wingers kept complaining how easily American Citizens used to get their letters. Not fully understanding the affidavit process...alas like all things in life the letters are gone. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:28 PM, Hans Rayong said:

How many countries are not issuing income letters anymore?

Only those Banana Republics who do not care about their citizens in Thailand.

14 hours ago, stevenl said:

Not Denmark, they do supply the income letters again.

Using the term Banana Republic to describe the UK, USA & Australia is a quite a bit off base. ????

In political science, the term banana republic describes a politically unstable country with an economy dependent upon the exportation of a limited-resource product, such as bananas or minerals.

Banana republic - Wikipedia

a small nation, especially in Central America, dependent on one crop or the influx of foreign capital.

Google meaning 

Edited by BertM

????????️‍♀️Speculation Assumption so let me add my theory on the whole matter too!

Americans, Brits, Aussie the numbers seem to add up these three might be issuing the most affidavit. Years ago when I use to get my affidavit in the Embassy visits in Pattaya the list from what I can see was 150-200 range of people obtaining affidavits in general 1700 a pop 255,000-340,000 baht for a few hours of work. Then you take into account the number of Cities being visited by the Embassy outreach. Log on to the Embassy website look at the Citizen outreach calendar per day they allow 40-50 appointments lets say they do this for just 25 days per month just for this purpose. Take all that into account the volume of money that is being received we are talking a lot of Baht here into the millions!

Today, I can even after years of retirement go Online even from Thailand with every company receiving a pension and obtain an updated letter of my current amount received and back that up with a 1099 form for each company. Can do that with my Social Security or any of the brokerages like Vanguard or Charles Schwab.

Years ago I had a Real Estate license help my cousin brokerage backlog by doing verification on income and employment for borrowers it took days even with the technology today I would imagine it still time especially if you are doing it from Thailand with the time difference in one home country? There is no way any embassy with all that I noted can verify the income in 10 - 30 minutes one pay their fee and out the door!  None it is just unrealistic!

The affidavit form has always clearly stated that the income couldn't be verified. So why after all these years Big Joke or whoever is damn in charge decided to make a big issue over the verification. What I do know in regards to the Chinese Embassy since I know first hand they are giving out affidavits like candy to people who don't work never work and doing lots of things they shouldn't be doing in Thailand.

To me, it all comes down to someone wanting the cut of the pie and the unwillingness of some to share that pie!  Today if you look hard enough with or without the income or money in the bank you can still get an extension like things never have changed it might not be pleasant to hear for some and my post might or will be removed like so many when I bring up the topic or suggestion.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2