Video: Death of a Thai biker - clocked at 264 kmph

webfact

6 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

He just lost control on a straight road it seems,doing a high speed overtaking his buddies.his fault no one else,s fault

Too much bike for that rider, no one in their right mind would have attempted that speed under the same circumstances/conditions, no matter how good a rider they are/were. Orange road work signs, several slow down ribbed patches, all of which he should have known were there before attempting a full-speed run. But after watching over-and-over again, I really think he finished his fly-by and then attempted to slow down by slamming on the brakes too hard (you can see a slight wobble just before he flows left, and a quick drop in speed), then he loses it.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:46 AM, NCC1701A said:

I went 160 kph on my Kawasaki 650 with my Thai girlfriend on the back. 

The difference being you struggle to reach that speed while he can touch it in 2 seconds ????

Anyway , it's just natural selection. You can't be sorry for these people. To be honest I would ban the selling of > 600 cc sport/ super-sport bikes. They are way too powerful and in the wrong hands extremely unpredictable. 

Edited by anon7854

5 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Once the bikers turned right onto the highway to hell I notice they all stayed in the right hand lane for some considerable distance.

Smoother side of the road, usually the fast lane is in better condition than the slow lane. Plus, at that the speeds they were travelling, you don't want someone coming off a side road right in front of you.

one of the comments I saw made me remember a friend died young same way.big bike,all kitted up helmet protection the lot.i imagine going fast,come of the bike little damage to the bike.hitting the telegraph pole killed him and his insides.one of my first friends to die from a accident I will never forget that

Smoother side of the road, usually the fast lane is in better condition than the slow lane. Plus, at that the speeds they were travelling, you don't want someone coming off a side road right in front of you.

What side roads? And side roads aren’t limited to the left. All three could have been taken out by a car or truck within seconds of acceleration into the straight as there were multiple occasions of travelling over blind brows.

Just now, OneEyedPie said:

What side roads? And side roads aren’t limited to the left. All three could have been taken out by a car or truck within seconds of acceleration into the straight as there were multiple occasions of travelling over blind brows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still doesn't negate the slow lanes here, I have seen several roads where that lane is a complete mess, usually wobbly from poor substrate. You fly thru one of these at those speeds, you will definitely be leaving the road in a hurry. Plus, I am more worried about people on the left side, coming off the side of the road, or turning onto the road from a side road, then there is the truly bizarre person who does a u-turn right in front of you.

Still doesn't negate the slow lanes here, I have seen several roads where that lane is a complete mess, usually wobbly from poor substrate. You fly thru one of these at those speeds, you will definitely be leaving the road in a hurry. Plus, I am more worried about people on the left side, coming off the side of the road, or turning onto the road from a side road, then there is the truly bizarre person who does a u-turn right in front of you.

Fair enough but they chose well on this particular stretch of road. Very little obstruction, straight line and no apparent junctions. The only difference was the victim’s obvious race to oblivion. His friends decided on a somewhat gentler ride.

15 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Fair enough but they chose well on this particular stretch of road. Very little obstruction, straight line and no apparent junctions. The only difference was the victim’s obvious race to oblivion. His friends decided on a somewhat gentler ride.

I think his friends knew what was ahead, there are also parked cars on the side of the road, and a few houses, numnuts actually flows near the emergency lane line as he passes what seems like a bicycle or scooter at almost 220kph with little room to spare.....not sure if that was on purpose. He is going so fast you probably didn't make this stuff out in the video, but slow it down, you'll see them.

Edited by ocddave
  • Like 1

I think his friends knew what was ahead, there are also parked cars on the side of the road, and a few houses, numnuts actually flows right over the emergency lane line as he passes what seems like a bicycle or scooter at almost 220kph with little room to spare.....not sure if that was on purpose. He is going so fast you probably didn't make this stuff out in the video, but slow it down, you'll see them.

ocddave, I only have one thing to say to you and that it was nice to chew the cud on this one without the histrionics. Have a good sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, anon7854 said:

The difference being you struggle to reach that speed while he can touch it in 2 seconds ????

Anyway , it's just natural selection. You can't be sorry for these people. To be honest I would ban the selling of > 600 cc sport/ super-sport bikes. They are way too powerful and in the wrong hands extremely unpredictable. 

Then also ban bungee jumping, flying with a Boeing Max 8 and insane tourists who want to come to Thailand to rent a big bike without even having had a Moped before. And a few more other things. 

But riding a bike is pure fun, it doesn't have to be 260 km/h. 

I have nothing against riding bikes.  All I have is against supersport and sport bikes that can hit 200 km/h in a matter of 4 seconds. That is just too fast for anyone participant to the traffic to react and too fast for anyone with a brain inside their skull.

If you want to have those performance , make it to the track not on the public roads.

36 minutes ago, anon7854 said:

I have nothing against riding bikes.  All I have is against supersport and sport bikes that can hit 200 km/h in a matter of 4 seconds. That is just too fast for anyone participant to the traffic to react and too fast for anyone with a brain inside their skull.

If you want to have those performance , make it to the track not on the public roads.

If I understand correctly, he crashed right in front of a well known tourist attraction (9 Tamarind Cafe at Nine Phetchabun Farm), not exactly the best place to do a fly-by at that speed. You can actually see him crashing right past the large white sign in front of the place. I see they have pictures posted on their website of other bikes stopping there, I bet he was trying to stop there, not realizing he was about to pass it.....man would that have been a nutty decision at that speed!!!

Edited by ocddave

2 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Do you know this road mark on your road 3059 from Chaiwan ?

P8240955_rd_3059_going_to_Tha_Sila.thumb.JPG.97d6453b290405be75b6e234c16131b9.JPG

{snipped}

I notice the sign above indicates a right-hand bend. although we can see the road bends to the left.

Is the sign a generic one indicating a bend irrespective of its direction, or are there left and right-hand signs, but the wrong one has been installed?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Is the sign a generic one indicating a bend irrespective of its direction, or are there left and right-hand signs, but the wrong one has been installed?

The wrong one has been installed by a drunk worker maybe ?

Or more simply they had no signal to the left in the truck and they installed the last one they had without taking care of the real turn.

It's Thailande after all ! :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

So now it is not numbskull riders fault it is the Thai highways department. 

At 150 mph one might be able to distinguish the yellow sign from the green but the arrow would be a blur. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Do you know this road mark on your road 3059 from Chaiwan ?

P8240955_rd_3059_going_to_Tha_Sila.thumb.JPG.97d6453b290405be75b6e234c16131b9.JPG

sometimes there are other strange road marks, like ...

P8150894_near_rd_22_rd_sign.thumb.JPG.97e8409c0732489206274a3c02d83bf0.JPG

Yes I know the sign well - it is there since long time - nobody cares lol

Seems you follow me well ????

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ALFREDO said:

Seems you follow me well

On my bicycle ? 

Impossible to follow you when you are driving your old or new car or your motorbike..

But I know where you are living ; you explained to me once when we met in Chaiwan .????

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ALFREDO said:

Not with that Kawasaki 650 ????

Well.... from an airplane:

Theorethical calculation (vacuum)

Height in meters :10.000
    Mass in kg          :361kg

Speed at impact :442.72 m/s or    1593.79 km/h
    Time until impact:45.18 s

But the terminal velocity in the air on earth would not reach that due to the friction of the air but nearing 350km/h is possible, even for his Kawa.

????

Edited by donim
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BigC said:

I want  to see the video 

With respect to the deceased.

The video is now meant for educational purpose, take a lesson out of it.

He already did it for you, it was a stupid action and he paid it with his live.

For the video, check post #47 on page 4.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 10:38 AM, Orton Rd said:

Water off a ducks back, one problem is many here believe you will die when it's your fate to, so driving at speed, pissed up with no helmet while using line makes no difference. At the Police station last week over a bike rider smashing into us driving down the wrong side of the road I did point out that this sort of dangerous behaviour (condoned by the cops) is what leads to the thousands slaughtered on the roads here each year. Blank looks all round, expect the foreign brakes to get the blame in this case.

No, foreign steering locked-up.