Video: Death of a Thai biker - clocked at 264 kmph

webfact

2 hours ago, tifino said:

blame the birdpoop, the kee nok, for upsetting the windscreen aerodynamics!

...'Shared' on Facebook!  

more like 'Spread'...

but look at this deeper... the video was on His phone, therefore His Facebook - yet he didn't live to Upload it

Was it one of those LiveFeeds?  or did some Ghoul go through his phone for it?

Bird poop.

In uk there was/is a moth that I'm sure contains about 100cc of custard and they always managed to commit suicide smack in the middle of your visor at night. The world turned yellow in an instant.

Fun at 60mph and can't see a thing for a second or two or three trying to get the visor up and slow down it is not. ????????

Edited by overherebc
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Water off a ducks back, one problem is many here believe you will die when it's your fate to, so driving at speed, pissed up with no helmet while using line makes no difference. At the Police station last week over a bike rider smashing into us driving down the wrong side of the road I did point out that this sort of dangerous behaviour (condoned by the cops) is what leads to the thousands slaughtered on the roads here each year. Blank looks all round, expect the foreign brakes to get the blame in this case.

Well its not Germany is it ??? Its perfectly acceptable here to use the other lane to move up to find a crossing in traffic . Just a different style to what your used to in US or Europe . You were probably in the wrong driving farang style in Thailand which is foolish .

5 minutes ago, Scutty said:

Well its not Germany is it ??? Its perfectly acceptable here to use the other lane to move up to find a crossing in traffic . Just a different style to what your used to in US or Europe . You were probably in the wrong driving farang style in Thailand which is foolish .

Nope...  You've barked up the wrong tree, jumped to the wrong conclusions, made the wrong assumptions... 

Orton Rd described his Wife's accident quite clearly along with a photo in another thread he started last week. 

His Wife was turning right. A motorcyclist who was riding the wrong way into on common traffic on the wrong side of the road rode into the side of his car. 

Motorcyclist clearly in the wrong breaking at least 1 traffic regulation. The BiB have tried to pin the blame on the Wife (car driver) - which is clearly unfair in this case. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scutty said:

You were probably in the wrong driving farang style in Thailand which is foolish .

Farang style must mean safety-oriented, driving Thai style is just another way of saying you trust in luck only, no safety skills needed. You don't need a helmet, you can drive at the top speed of you bike, and its perfectly OK to have your family aboard, especially a baby sitting on the gas tank. But don't you dare drive without the largest and most obnoxious Buddha Amulet around your neck, that could mean certain death!

• Haha 2

Somebody explain to me what happened, I'm not a biker.

My gut feeling being he hit a bump/went airborne for a split second and it went straight to shit from there. Yes. No?

I'm not exactly taking "simply riding too fast" for a solid answer in this case.

6 minutes ago, Ceruhe said:

Somebody explain to me what happened, I'm not a biker.

My gut feeling being he hit a bump/went airborne for a split second and it went straight to shit from there. Yes. No?

I'm not exactly taking "simply riding too fast" for a solid answer in this case.

I tried to figure out the same thing.. 

Others have mentioned signs indicating road works ahead. Its clear that the Motorcyclist backed off the throttle (perhaps upon seeing these signs). 

I suspect upon backing off the throttle, forward weight transfer and perhaps a slippy surface (grit), it looks like the front wheel slipped...  not really sure...  

3 hours ago, Soupdragon said:

The road looks straight ?

Did they find a mobile phone in his hand ?

"he had probably encountered roadworks after the brow of a hill and lost control. The road is being widened to four lanes at thapoint."..?

Think Thais R unable to responsibly drive these powerful bikes!!

Presume, to get licence is easy as.....

Can buy 'high powered'bikes & have loud exhausts installed w/o any restrictions due to driving experience!! 

Once again failure by Laws to protect people both drivers & others!! 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wow that is fast. mine was cool as a cucumber at 160. 

I knew a 20 year old bar girl who loved to get on my bike and it was impossible to go fast enough for her.

We would go between Hua Hin and Cha Am in 14 minutes.

But that was when I was 60 and now at 64 I have grown up a bit and realized how dangerous that was.

I knew a bar girl who quite liked to get on my chopper. 

But that's another story.

Rooster

4 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

He started slowing down and just drifted left and off the road?  ????

I reckon he slowed down to have a look back to see how far his mates were and he veered of to the left, lost control and that's that. R.I.P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djayz said:

I think we are all guilty of having made stupid decisions when we were younger. I didn't get on a motorbike until I was in my late 30s and I'm pretty sure I'd be dead by now if I had started when I was a teenager/early 20s. I had an extremely heavy foot in those days. 

RIP Too young to die. 

Yup, plus Big Bikes are easily available for affluent young people here in Thailand now, which may be the reason why the government wants to move forward with a Big Bike specific license.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I went 160 kph on my Kawasaki 650 with my Thai girlfriend on the back. 

Try it with 260kph, I tell you, it's even more fun. Missus likes it ????

• Haha 1

Nope...  You've barked up the wrong tree, jumped to the wrong conclusions, made the wrong assumptions... 

Orton Rd described his Wife's accident quite clearly along with a photo in another thread he started last week. 

His Wife was turning right. A motorcyclist who was riding the wrong way into on common traffic on the wrong side of the road rode into the side of his car. 

Motorcyclist clearly in the wrong breaking at least 1 traffic regulation. The BiB have tried to pin the blame on the Wife (car driver) - which is clearly unfair in this case. 

I'm afraid Scutty is a bit of a divvy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, californiabeachboy said:

Mixed feelings about this one. He knew what he was doing - chance he would die, and he still did it. Died having fun (as he defined fun, not me).

But what about the family? They will continue to suffer from his death even though he will not suffer.

That's the really crppy thing about people doing self harm - they don't consider the cost to those around them.

I constantly say I don't do weddings and funerals, but I have felt obligated to attended a couple of the latter as a stand in because the real relatives have done something like immobilised themselves or being incarcerated.  Health/Emotion/Finance all suffer for many around them, not only themselves.

This one I don't have empathy for.  He knew the risks and played the game.  Universe is judge.