Bad guys out! Nearly 500 foreigners arrested in North East Thailand immigration crime sweep

webfact

Bad guys out! Nearly 500 foreigners arrested in North East Thailand immigration crime sweep

nSZjaq5A.jpg
Caption: 478 foreigners arrested

Khon Kaen Link site online said that 478 foreigners have been arrested in a pre-coronation crime sweep across twenty provinces in the Isaan (north east) region. 

People on illegal entry, overstay, illegal workers and others including those on warrants were picked up. 

Two Cameroon men were among those arrested. 

Region 4 commander Pol Maj-Gen Natthawat Karndee said on Wednesday that 478 arrests had been made.

wqGtu8zB.jpg

This number comprised 335 people who had entered Thailand illegally, nine on overstay, 16 for working illegally, 116 other lawbreakers and 2 on warrants. 

In addition 86 people had been denied entry at borders in the region on the grounds that they could cause trouble during the coronation period. 

Khon Kaen Link concentrated on two cases of Cameroon nationals in their report. 

The first was Darius Yemnai, 27, a language teacher in Kalasin who had been in Thailand since July 2014. He left to renew his stay in September of that year at Padang Besar but immigration had no record of this. 

Fake stamps were found in his passport and Maj-Gen Natthawat said that further investigations were underway to find those responsible for the stamps. 

In Khon Kaen another Camerooon man called Augustine Yankam, 37, was arrested.

He had overstayed his welcome in Thailand by 1,307 days. 

Vehicles of a Thai gang were also seized in the raids. 

Source: Khon Kaen Link

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-02

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, webfact said:

Vehicles of a Thai gang were also seized in the raids. 

Handy for the copper's family members to use during the coronation period. 

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

86 people had been denied entry at borders in the region on the grounds that they could cause trouble during the coronation period. 

Whoops. ????

Any Thai Visa members posting absolutely livid 'Refused Entry' threads? ????

18 hours ago, Arthur1960 said:

I no have enough funds for an airplane ticket from Udon to Bangkok. My only concern is along the road by bus from Udon to Bangkok. I am France Nationality. My passport is expired many decades ago. Is this another problems for check in the plane?

Yes you will need a passport. Take the old one to French embassy, explain situation and get new passport

1 hour ago, petermik said:

"pre coronation crime sweep" is crime not a crime at other times then......:whistling:

Isn't that a great phrase though:

Boss: What do you think you're doing?

Me: Nothing. I'm err, err, I'm just having a pre coronation crime sweep.

Its just not the same without a photo of Big Jokes oversized head in the photo after he dashed all the way up from Bangkok to grab a bit of publicity. All of these pictures should now be taken in a civil service office, they can take away his rank, his position, his access to lots of easy Wonga, but they can't take away his public !!!! 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Fake stamps were found in his passport and Maj-Gen Natthawat said that further investigations were underway to find those responsible for the stamps. 

Blimey .. Who'd have thought that sort of thing goes on .. And anyone I thought they said recently they were going to stamp this out .. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

32 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Yep ... scammers rorters paupers illegal dishonest immigration agency users dishonest immigration paper filing folks pack your bags n leave now.

Pro razzia's then?

If authorities do their jobs these fishing expeditions are not necessary, razzia's tend to slowly eradicate tourism and chase away well meaning expats.

And before you mention the slogan to have your business in order, might I mention the ever changing rukes & regulations make even the best uncertain?

The trail to the "fake stamper" will lead to their bosses :cheesy:

And the hilarious bit ""  He left to renew his stay in September of that year at Padang Besar but immigration had no record of this. "" :cheesy:

Great report !!

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

How can they have arrested 500 as Big Joke said he had got them all?

Love the photo, they are surely showing BJ anything you can do we can do better.

RE - How can they have arrested 500 as Big Joke said he had got them all?

The claim's in the past may have been real "Jokes" ...

BTW - from 500 claimed arrested only 1 was photographed meaning 1 = 500, 2 = 1000 ...

With such a relationship to numbers then the reality disappears ...

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

Pro razzia's then?

If authorities do their jobs these fishing expeditions are not necessary, razzia's tend to slowly eradicate tourism and chase away well meaning expats.

And before you mention the slogan to have your business in order, might I mention the ever changing rukes & regulations make even the best uncertain?

aye aye echt wel

Archived