Bad guys out! Nearly 500 foreigners arrested in North East Thailand immigration crime sweep

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

This number comprised 335 people who had entered Thailand illegally

Strikes me the Thai customs & immigration network must be as good as non-existent for these huge numbers to enter illegally. Still, that's a pretty slick way of coming up with these new pick-up stats. And so enlightening that the TWO Cameroon illegal immigrants were given special mention.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Fred31 said:
  21 hours ago, Arthur1960 said:

I no have enough funds for an airplane ticket from Udon to Bangkok. My only concern is along the road by bus from Udon to Bangkok. I am France Nationality. My passport is expired many decades ago. Is this another problems for check in the plane?

Wow how many decades ???  from Udon take the overnight sleeper train aprox 600 Baht gets you there early morning next day;

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Blimey .. Who'd have thought that sort of thing goes on .. And anyone I thought they said recently they were going to stamp this out .. 

Well his passport was stamped, but in this case it was stamped in.... 

Just now, RotBenz8888 said:

Overstayed his welcome?

i would never use the word welcome when referring to any Thai authorities. North Korea here we come. I'm out of Thailand and will never set a foot in that craphole again. might as well call the headline "Got rid of more of them pesky foreigners, soon all gone". wonder who they will blame then for their economic mismanagement? oh and crime of course because Thai people can never commit crime. there are better, cheaper and more welcoming countries folks,,, Thailand has had its day.

4 hours ago, Fred31 said:

Yes you will need a passport. Take the old one to French embassy, explain situation and get new passport

He will need more than the price of a train / plane / bus ticket, no passport means no visa or extension and for how long, could end up as as extended stay in the immigration lock up until the funds are found. 

4 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Those who thought it was paradise again without Big Joke know better now... it's business as usual, pack your bags while you still can!

Only if you are illegal 

6 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

i would never use the word welcome when referring to any Thai authorities. North Korea here we come. I'm out of Thailand and will never set a foot in that craphole again. might as well call the headline "Got rid of more of them pesky foreigners, soon all gone". wonder who they will blame then for their economic mismanagement? oh and crime of course because Thai people can never commit crime. there are better, cheaper and more welcoming countries folks,,, Thailand has had its day.

Bit of an over reaction to 500 criminals being arrested?  Why should that impact law abiding expats?   Good  work by the authorities I would say. 

17 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Another one who now despises Thailand, but cannot get it out of their thoughts, and keep on posting on Thai forums.

Only the bitter people do this, normal people move on, and focus their energy on their new destination.  

4 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

pack your bags while you still can!

Yes if you're a terrorist or staying here illegally. Or if you can't afford it. 

1 hour ago, Splash210 said:

So out of the 500 foreigners you arrested, you had to call out only the 2 Cameroonians? Where were the majority of the people from??

This has been discussed before.

Most of them are from the neigboring countries like Cambodia, Laos and Burma.
But if they find any Westerner and that includes Africans, they will be in the spotlight during the press conference. So probably no white people this time. We've had plenty of them arrested last year.

Don't make this a race issue. 

15 minutes ago, balo said:

This has been discussed before.

Most of them are from the neigboring countries like Cambodia, Laos and Burma.
But if they find any Westerner and that includes Africans, they will be in the spotlight during the press conference. So probably no white people this time. We've had plenty of them arrested last year.

Don't make this a race issue. 

I made the article caption a race issue, not the arrests itself. I don't care if you got triggered by what I said. If it made you uncomfortable, not my problem nor do I care. 

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

Bye! Oh, and please don't comment anymore in this forum once you are gone. We don't need negative people like you.

6 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Those who thought it was paradise again without Big Joke know better now... it's business as usual, pack your bags while you still can!

It's still paradise as before if all your paper work is in order, so I guess you spoke for yourself to pack your bags. 

5 minutes ago, Cheops said:

Bye! Oh, and please don't comment anymore in this forum once you are gone. We don't need negative people like you.

Even Thai people are pissed of with the place

I cant help but think this guy is going to try to do better than Big Joke. Expecting the immigration rules to collapse is a dream that wont come true. Cambodia Vietnam and the Phillipines must be rubbing their hands together. 

8 minutes ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

So many arrested but show the Cameroon guy only. ????LOL! 

Probably because, despite some of the ranting (sorry, I meant exuberant posting) in the last couple of pages, all the rest were from Laos, Burma or Cambodia and have probably made (or their employers) have made the appropriate arrangements to allow them to be back at work tomorrow. Such "arrangements" will presumably be deducted from their meager salaries over the next couple of months.

Those big swivel chairs and vinyl signs don't come cheap you know. I expect the flowers cost a few bob too....

Archived