Bad guys out! Nearly 500 foreigners arrested in North East Thailand immigration crime sweep

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Another one who now despises Thailand, but cannot get it out of their thoughts, and keep on posting on Thai forums.

Only the bitter people do this, normal people move on, and focus their energy on their new destination.  

Correct. I Have left, my family follows once i am settled. As you rightly said put my energy into getting out, if you've any sense you will see how its sliding and do likewise, if you have stay good luck your welcome to it. there are many, many better options if you look. I don't have to "bitter" to realise the truth. 

2 hours ago, Cheops said:

It's still paradise as before if all your paper work is in order, so I guess you spoke for yourself to pack your bags. 

Paradise, get real. can't you see that the government is just reassuring the locals that its ok to be xenophobic and hate foreigners. populist press for the foreign haters. Who wants to live somewhere where even the law abiding are tarred with same brush and not wanted?

2 hours ago, Cheops said:

Bye! Oh, and please don't comment anymore in this forum once you are gone. We don't need negative people like you.

Im entitled to my opinion and I'm speaking for myself, unlike you. Who are the collective "we"? If you don't like it say that. For me, AND in my opinion Thailand is getting worse and judging by the numbers of people leaving and not visiting i am not alone in my thinking am I. So rather then commenting on how negative you think I am maybe you should open your eyes and take a good look around you. Fact is there are better neighbouring countries with wide open arms, investigate for yourself. Unless of course you have been stupid enough to put all your eggs in 1 basket with no exit available to you, hence your comments.

I've been here five months.  My visa has another couple of months on it, but frankly, I can't wait to get out.  Pushing close to 110 degrees, more air pollution than anyplace on the planet, and awash in smelly, 60 year old white tricks, humping the air and bargaining for the lowest cost to lay down and convulse on top of impoverished hill tribe girls ain't my idea of 'Paradise.' 

It's like a Joseph Conrad novel, but the foreigners make it ridiculous.

16 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Those who thought it was paradise again without Big Joke know better now... it's business as usual, pack your bags while you still can!

Only if your doing something wrong, or have something to hide..

3 hours ago, Dolmance said:

I've been here five months.  My visa has another couple of months on it, but frankly, I can't wait to get out.  Pushing close to 110 degrees, more air pollution than anyplace on the planet, and awash in smelly, 60 year old white tricks, humping the air and bargaining for the lowest cost to lay down and convulse on top of impoverished hill tribe girls ain't my idea of 'Paradise.' 

How'd you get that 7 month visa? Gonna go against the grain here but maybe you should stay. It's gonna be hot for 4/5 months but the air is breathable and the rain heavy.

20 hours ago, petermik said:

"pre coronation crime sweep" is crime not a crime at other times then......:whistling:

That's why English is such a fantastic language ......... the "Pre Coronation crime sweep" - statement of the year for which I thank the "crafter" wholeheartedly ???? 

1 hour ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Keep taking out the trash, make Thailand great again.

I am willing to bet that those arrests are Asean workers. I bet most were released and simply went back to work. If they were anything more such as pheodophiles or human traffickers it would say so. I think they are probably just the workers keeping the country ticking (Thais cannot be relied upon for work so they are needed) . Its just another headline embedding the already out of control xenophobia. Assuming you are not Thai it is amazing to me you cannot see "Thailand is for Thais" only and they really mean that, foreigners are not welcome or wanted, they want your money but not your presence.

19 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Dear ohdear another person ignoring the facts. The reality is you are mot welcome and its getting worse so I agree get out before its too late.

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

For now, but that will change IMO.

I expect even stricter visa requirements and more nationalism until this military government is deposed. I suspect that won't happen however because this merry dance is now led by a true dysfunctional despot and he's dug in like a tick on a dog's ear and I am not referring to the frog toucher. 

It is now.

Used to be no problem whatsoever. 200thb a day and off you go. Can't remember what the maximum fine used to be? 5000thb maybe. 

Mind you, 20 years ago you could get a year visa in bar. How times have changed.

Lucky I was here to experience those good times, and they were really good, certainly a lot better than now. 

Every dog has its day I suppose. 

Maximum fine was (& still is) 20,000 THB, but you get blacklisted nowadays if you're "Caught" overstaying (as opposed to clearing it up at the airport while leaving) or if you overstay by more than 90 days.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:16 PM, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Those who thought it was paradise again without Big Joke know better now... it's business as usual, pack your bags while you still can!

Or simply follow the rules in applying for the correct visa or extension of stay.

9 hours ago, Dolmance said:

Well, if you choose for frequent certain establishments and mix with certain clientele then that's your choice. 

Shame you missed the other 99%.

No need to wait for your visa to expire, you can go anytime. Bye.

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Well, if you choose for frequent certain establishments and mix with certain clientele then that's your choice. 

Shame you missed the other 99%.

No need to wait for your visa to expire, you can go anytime. Bye.

99%?! You are aware that there are less then half the expats there once were? if only 1% was this kind of place it would be easy to ignore. if you took out the weather and sex tourists what else is there? i dont frequent those places and whats left is street food and shopping. so many people lie to themselves in Thailand, i guess its because they cannot get out and they dont want to admit the obvious slide the country is on. It happens, Thailand is just not "fashionable" anymore (for want of a better word) expensive schools, polluted beaches, polluted air, xenophobia everywhere, rising costs, endemic corruption, increasing crime, unsafe roads,,, do i need to spell it out? Thailand is on the slide, cannot stop it or ignore it and no amount of fake press is going to reverse it, get out before its too late is my feeling, especially if you bought property.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:28 AM, GAZZPA said:

Paradise, get real. can't you see that the government is just reassuring the locals that its ok to be xenophobic and hate foreigners. populist press for the foreign haters. Who wants to live somewhere where even the law abiding are tarred with same brush and not wanted?

Absolute bs what you write! Most (like 99.9%) of the Thai people have no knowledge about the laws for foreigners.

Since my 1st day in Thailand I felt welcome wherever I went and go. But then again, I'm not living in a tourist area, I speak Thai, I speak with the locals as I would do in any country, I work fulltime with Thais in a company with over 3500 employees. NEVER had any negative behavior to me. Maybe it's also the personality of yourself. 

Most Thais do not hate foreigners. It's only all the people on this forum who experience this are mostly living in very touristy areas. BUT if you go to any major tourist area in ANY country, the local people are also NOT happy with most foreigners. Only their money is welcome. I have NEVER felt any hate from Thais, but then again, I do not behave like a tourist. 

I have been stopped by the police while driving and again NO negative experiences. Also NEVER any negative experience at the immigration service.

MOST, if not all of the people who are leaving,  cannot comply with the visa rules. Yes, they are changed a few times, but they did that to make an end to all the visa service offices which are fraudulent. Sure, it affects people who just manage to financially survive, but the reason is NOT with hate in mind. 

I have no issues with my Visa and wp. In case I would lose my job (unlikely for at least coming 4 years), I can change my Visa to be based on marriage. 

Besides that I'm starting to apply for Thai citizenship!

Don't get me wrong. There are many nice countries to stay and I can easily go back to my home country and get a job immediately, but at this moment I choose to stay in Thailand until my kids will study abroad. And then later retire in Thailand. 

You can write all you want, but for all foreigners living in a NON tourist area and with their paper work in order, I think there are not much of them who feel hated by Thais. 

If, like you, do feel hate, Thailand is not for you, BUT I do not like people to write absolute bs about all Thai people hate foreigners. That's 100% bs!

On 5/3/2019 at 3:38 AM, GAZZPA said:

Im entitled to my opinion and I'm speaking for myself, unlike you. Who are the collective "we"? If you don't like it say that. For me, AND in my opinion Thailand is getting worse and judging by the numbers of people leaving and not visiting i am not alone in my thinking am I. So rather then commenting on how negative you think I am maybe you should open your eyes and take a good look around you. Fact is there are better neighbouring countries with wide open arms, investigate for yourself. Unless of course you have been stupid enough to put all your eggs in 1 basket with no exit available to you, hence your comments.

Yes, of course you can have your opinion. But YOUR opinion is just that! Because of YOUR bad experiences, you think that all Thais hate foreigners, which of course is bs.

Actually, I almost never speak for other people on this forum, but I'm willing to bet that a lot of people do indeed agree with me and that they do no like negative bs posts. 

As for your other comments (and you don't know anything about me 555), I can only say that at this moment me and my family choose to live in Thailand. If that changes I have options (in several countries actually including my home country).

I will further stop discussing with you, since most likely, you won't believe me anyway. 

On 5/2/2019 at 10:33 AM, Pilotman said:

Only if you are illegal 

On 5/2/2019 at 10:21 PM, jossthaifarang said:

Its only a matter of time till there will be enough crazy rules that will inevetibly make every foreigner a criminal.

A good example of this is the notorious TM-30 reporting form.

No one in the long run can keep up with this demand, and i'm sure the next step will be to increase the severness of not reporting from a mare fine, to visa revokation.

And lets not talk about the 2 years in jail for helping beggars..

All of this will put foreigners in a very vulnerable position where the authorities can easly dispose of them on every whim.

On 5/2/2019 at 8:23 PM, JAG said:

Probably because, despite some of the ranting (sorry, I meant exuberant posting) in the last couple of pages, all the rest were from Laos, Burma or Cambodia and have probably made (or their employers) have made the appropriate arrangements to allow them to be back at work tomorrow. Such "arrangements" will presumably be deducted from their meager salaries over the next couple of months.

Those big swivel chairs and vinyl signs don't come cheap you know. I expect the flowers cost a few bob too....

Yup.. Without all those illegal workers Thailand's economy would be non existent. Why who would clean the toilets, gather their food? And wouldn't flowers cost a few Sally's than Bob's? Lol! 

On 5/2/2019 at 6:30 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

Handy for the copper's family members to use during the coronation period. 

Whoops. ????

Any Thai Visa members posting absolutely livid 'Refused Entry' threads? ????

In addition 86 people had been denied entry at borders in the region on the grounds that they could cause trouble during the coronation period. 

Khon Kaen Link concentrated on two cases of Cameroon nationals in their report. 

The first was Darius Yemnai, 27, a language teacher in Kalasin who had been in Thailand since July 2014. He left to renew his stay in September of that year at Padang Besar but immigration had no record of this. 

Fake stamps were found in his passport and Maj-Gen Natthawat said that further investigations were underway to find those responsible for the stamps. 

Archived