Travelinsurance

I live in Chiangmai 10 months a year. Is there any local insurancecompany that are cheaper than the companies that are based here in Sweden where I am just now. Im 72 years old and quite healthy, only medicine I take is against high bloodpressure. Greatful for all suggestions.

You can get travel insurance but not from a Thai company at your age. Thai issued insurance is in any case not less expensive than equivalent international policies. Those that seem less expensive are so bwcause they have unrealistically low benefit maximums.

Google "travel insurance seniors"

You do not neceesarily need a policy issued from Sweden (though it may have some advantages). UK, France and other EU countries have companies offering expat policies not limited to any particular nationality.

You'll need to check not only that they will issue a policy at your age but also that they will insure trips of 10 month duration. Some will but some won't. Some have requirements for how long you have to have lived in your home country prior to departure. You will have to get a new policy for each trip so this could get problematic i.e. I am not sure you will succeed in getting successive travel insurance policies when living 10 months out of 12 abroad. You can try, but that sort of situation would usually be handled by a regular expat insurance policy not travel policy.

In the insurance forum you can find threads discussing general expat health insurance for older people.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Flexicover, a British company, will insure for trips up to 1 year duration and up to age 75. I used to use them for my 6 month long winter stays before I moved here full time. Cannot give a recommendation one way or the other so far as claims processing goes, because I never made one.

I do not know if they will accept foreign business. I also have no idea if Brexit will affect a policy written for a citizen of an EU member state. You would need to ask them these things.

https://www.flexicover.co.uk/Long-Stay-Travel-Insurance

Tokio Marine... www.tmhcc.com. will do up to 364 days... And you can even buy as little as five days, and extend it online.. but the 364 still applies.  They do direct payment with some hospitals.. I had a broken tooth fixed at Ram, and was zero out of pocket.. They were paid before I left.