Income Method, No Leniancy, Must Be 12 Months

5 minutes ago, wimpy said:

I won't be doing 90 day reports this year because I will be traveling outside Thailand several times. How do they handle that?

If you have been given an instruction to return and show your bankbook after 3 months you should do that. It has nothing to do with reporting being here more than 90 days. If you have no need to do 90 day reports, I would not do them.

If you will be out of Thailand, go as soon as you return. To deliberately not show the money, well nobody knows what the repercussions will be, if any, but I bet it would irritate them. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If you have been given an instruction to return and show your bankbook after 3 months you should do that. It has nothing to do with reporting being here more than 90 days. If you have no need to do 90 day reports, I would not do them.

If you will be out of Thailand, go as soon as you return. To deliberately not show the money, well nobody knows what the repercussions will be, if any, but I bet it would irritate them. 

Someone above said they want to see your bankbook when you do your 90 day report.

2 minutes ago, wimpy said:

Someone above said they want to see your bankbook when you do your 90 day report.

Yes I have heard that from some places, and I just talked to someone up north who was asked to do exactly that. When he returned very recently, they didn't bother asking for his bankbook. As in Jomtiem, where they are giving a slip of paper instructing Expats to return, I feel it is different. Strikes me as wrong, even for immigration, to mix 90 day reporting and 3 month money checks, even if it seems expedient. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I have heard that from some places, and I just talked to someone up north who was asked to do exactly that. When he returned very recently, they didn't bother asking for his bankbook. As in Jomtiem, where they are giving a slip of paper instructing Expats to return, I feel it is different. Strikes me as wrong, even for immigration, to mix 90 day reporting and 3 month money checks, even if it seems expedient. 

Seems rather convoluted and unworkable. I would not be at all surprised to see it all go by the wayside at some point.

Chances seem good you'll have to file a TM-30 when you return anyway, so I would just plan on visiting Imm. and my second day home over 90 days. I think if it's day 91, or day 121, you'll be fine if it matches your TM-6 and PP stamp-in date, + a day or two. Obviously, update your bank-book first, then they'll examine it to see if you met the 90-day/800k requirement.

Failing a 90-day mandatory check I would fully expect a detailed review during next year's renewal, with examinations of the +90-day amount/balance, and the -60-day amount/balance, and the mid-term lower limit ( +90 through -60 > 400k) and assume zero leniency if any of those checks are failed.

Edited by mtls2005

I went to Pattaya Immigration last week with my bankbook and letter from the bank to do my extension of stay.  The bank letter only went back 6 months they said to go back longer would require a week to process and had to come from the head office of Bangkok bank.  My extension was based on over 65,000 Baht deposit every month which my bankbook verified.  Immigration said the only way they would accept my extension is with a bank letter showing 12 months of deposits.  Lucky for me I applied early and have the time to get the letter from the bank before my extension expires.  Next Thursday I will have the new bank letter and visit Immigration again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, edandpranee said:

I went to Pattaya Immigration last week with my bankbook and letter from the bank to do my extension of stay.  The bank letter only went back 6 months they said to go back longer would require a week to process and had to come from the head office of Bangkok bank.  My extension was based on over 65,000 Baht deposit every month which my bankbook verified.  Immigration said the only way they would accept my extension is with a bank letter showing 12 months of deposits.  Lucky for me I applied early and have the time to get the letter from the bank before my extension expires.  Next Thursday I will have the new bank letter and visit Immigration again.

Good info. Thanks.  My Bangkok Bank branch said they could print out the statement on the spot. Wonder if she was full of it. :unsure:

I went to Pattaya Immigration last week with my bankbook and letter from the bank to do my extension of stay. 

So do you have twelve months of qualifying foreign transfers? So you'll show May 2018 - April 2019?

What does the letter say? Full statements or just a summary of the six transfers?

Requiring twelve months of transfers seems to demonstrate a distinct lack of leniency?

My Bangkok Bank branch said they could print out the statement on the spot. Wonder if she was full of it. :unsure:

Based on dozens of reports here, most Bangkok Bank branches seem limited to six months for statements or qualifying foreign transfer summary letters, provided on the spot. My branch has stated this as recently as two weeks ago, with a certified six-month statement, and ownership cover letter taking ~ 10 minutes to produce. For periods greater than six months I was told to make a request to the head office, and it may take up to a week to process.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

I use the Bangkok Bank on second road in Pattaya when I went back saying Immigration needs a year and only the deposits she said no problem 10 minutes later she comes back no can do but she will request a 12 month deposit record from Bangkok and have it ready in a week.  It's important to remember Immigration only wants the deposit records from the bank   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, onera1961 said:

All US cards are also protected from fraudulent charges. I don't know what privacy you are talking about. Never care fir privacy.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Given that Master Card and Visa Card are US based, why would they protect their US cards, and not their global cards?  It's all the same. 

Can you tell me what fraud protection US cards have, that other countries don't have? 

The privacy I am talking about is Master Card and Visa Card collect a lot of data from your spending habits.  Everything from knowing what you eat, to your location. 

Go and buy 1 tonne of fertilizer on your credit card and see what happens. 

13 hours ago, edandpranee said:

Jesus Christ , is it that hard for your bank teller to see your transactions for the past 12 months on her terminal  ? I think not.

Then charge you , of course , to print that off ?

They have to get Bangkok to do that ?

I would have said , "Surely!" , however my KBank has only offered up a 6 months statement for 300 baht.

So maybe it is ! 555

As if all this sh!t isnt enough to deal with...

Given that Master Card and Visa Card are US based, why would they protect their US cards, and not their global cards?  It's all the same. 

Can you tell me what fraud protection US cards have, that other countries don't have? 

The privacy I am talking about is Master Card and Visa Card collect a lot of data from your spending habits.  Everything from knowing what you eat, to your location. 

Go and buy 1 tonne of fertilizer on your credit card and see what happens. 
MC and Visa don't issue cards. It is the banks that issue cards. And most banks provide 100% protection against fraudulent charges. Just call them and they will cancel the card and you don't pay any fraudulent charge amount s.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 hours ago, wimpy said:

Good info. Thanks.  My Bangkok Bank branch said they could print out the statement on the spot. Wonder if she was full of it. :unsure:

Bangkok Bank can print statements of up to six months at any of their branches. A one year statement must come from Bangkok Bank's head office in Bangkok. This was told to me by the regional head bank in Phuket

• Like 1

How will this work for those Immigration Offices that require the bank letter to be dated the same day as the visit to Immigration? Guess we will have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

How will this work for those Immigration Offices that require the bank letter to be dated the same day as the visit to Immigration? Guess we will have to wait and see.

This seems to vary by office, but for Div. 1/CW the document requirement(s) to support the 65K income method seem to include:

a.) certified letter detailing each/any/all monthly qualifying foreign transfers by date, currency (e.g. USD), amount in USD, amount in THB, totaled.

OR

b.) certified copies of 12 (or whatever period is applicable in 2019) months of statements, which would include qualifying foreign transfers.

these documents can be short-dated a week or two prior to application, based on reports here given the lead-times banks are saying they need to generate the report(s)

AND

2. Sames day certified letter documenting account ownership, balance, name, and other customer details.

this document appears to have to be dated the same day as the application

This is just my current read based on posts here, primarily covering Div. 1/CW in Bangkok. Members have posted various versions of these documents, and/or samples from Imm.

Edited by mtls2005

9 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

How will this work for those Immigration Offices that require the bank letter to be dated the same day as the visit to Immigration?

The same day letter should not be needed when proving income from abroad. The same day letter and bank book update is to confirm the 800k baht is still in the bank.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Jesus Christ , is it that hard for your bank teller to see your transactions for the past 12 months on her terminal  ? I think not.

I don't know, I am not a bank teller and do not have access to her terminal. If I use internet banking, I can only go back 6 months. perhaps the teller only has access to the same data.