UK's May presses Labour to reach Brexit deal, but leaks jeopardise talks

webfact

55 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You are suggest a fearful boat trip on a boat that sinks and has no safety devices. Typical Project Fear speak. 

But the boat would be fine if we had a decent captain. 

Now you are deliberately trying to spin my post (#20), you are only making a fool out of yourself...

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Now you are deliberately trying to spin my post (#20), you are only making a fool out of yourself...

You should have a lie down there mate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

No..it was the real thing..polls conducted by eg..abc company will ask perhaps 1000 people this/that..then publish the result.
Sorry if you are dissapointed

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, 1000 or so may be a flash in a pan but when there have been hundreds of Polls by many research companies over the last two and half years all coming back with consistent results that disprove the referendum result.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

Yes, 1000 or so may be a flash in a pan but when there have been hundreds of Polls by many research companies over the last two and half years all coming back with consistent results that disprove the referendum result.

This one just takes the biscuit. Love it.

• Like 1

All the polls gave it resounding victory for REMAIN not so long ago.
Most of the polls gave it narrow victory YES in the scottish indy vote.
Polls are as useful as a chocolate t pot in the hades of hell.

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/05/labour-mps-say-they-wont-back-a-brexit-deal-without-a-peoples-vote

Labour MPs say they won't back a Brexit deal without a people’s vote

Corbyn faces opposition from at least 60 MPs to a customs pact

Jeremy Corbyn will not be able to get enough of his MPs to back a Brexit deal without the promise of a second referendum, even if Theresa May makes a big offer on a customs union and workers’ rights this week, senior Labour figures believe.

Senior party sources said they believe two-thirds of Labour MPs, including several shadow cabinet ministers and many more frontbenchers, would refuse to back a deal without a people’s vote attached.

Theresa May is preparing to make new proposals of a temporary customs union until the next election, matching EU employment rights in the future and alignment of single market regulations on goods.

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

All the polls gave it resounding victory for REMAIN not so long ago.
Most of the polls gave it narrow victory YES in the scottish indy vote.
Polls are as useful as a chocolate t pot in the hades of hell.

I have nothing against the Scotts having another referendum as long as they who are calling for it, bank roll it, and I have always said this about referendums, they should only be binding on a clear majority of 60% or greater.

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/05/labour-mps-say-they-wont-back-a-brexit-deal-without-a-peoples-vote

Labour MPs say they won't back a Brexit deal without a people’s vote

Corbyn faces opposition from at least 60 MPs to a customs pact

Jeremy Corbyn will not be able to get enough of his MPs to back a Brexit deal without the promise of a second referendum, even if Theresa May makes a big offer on a customs union and workers’ rights this week, senior Labour figures believe.

Senior party sources said they believe two-thirds of Labour MPs, including several shadow cabinet ministers and many more frontbenchers, would refuse to back a deal without a people’s vote attached.

Theresa May is preparing to make new proposals of a temporary customs union until the next election, matching EU employment rights in the future and alignment of single market regulations on goods.

Labour is split the intelligent ones and the loony left, it has been clear for a long time that many of the more intelligent MP's want remain and know a second referendum will give them that and return some credibility to the party. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Why don't they kick us out??
Answer..they want the hard pressed UK taxpayers to keep funding the eu subsidy junkie member states.
Always study the money trail in politics...ALWAYS!!

Why so many Brexiteers cannot calculate ?

The total net contribution of the UK to the EU is a € 5.3 billion a year. For that, they join in the financing of a lot of safety systems, the UK has to finance on their own outside the EU. As "food" man, I then think immediately of the investigation via EFSA and the safety guard under RASFF. This aside of all toys, electric appliances, sports devices etc with the CE sign, medicines under EMA and for sure a lot more.

But.. the real difference comes, when the word: 'import duty into the EU falls". For cars: 10 % over the CFR value. 

European Union members bought in 2017 for $17.1 billion worth cars exported from the UK, 10% over that is €ur 1,5 billion. 

Import duty for confectionary: 1`3,7 %, and meat: about half. see  https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en

UK exports to the EU were £274 billion (44% of all UK exports). Imagine a just 2 % overall import duty = about the total amount the UK pays now to be member. On pure economic grounds, the EU is a gigantic thief of their own wallet NOT to throw out the British per immediately.

For the imports ex the EU into the UK: you have better alternatives wordlwide ? ? Or the next disaster ? Better pay 1% commission to the EU to have all guarded there for quality and legal protection under EU law. 

UK imports from the EU were £341 billion (53% of all UK imports). How much of that imports is oil and gas, from Russia, Middle East and others  ? ?

Time to re-study the money trail in politics ?  Or start first with a refreshing course calculation ? ? 

718576430_netcontributioncountriesEU.png.5333a3b713b9e497e63b9369e2bfa7dc.pngw the British out per immediate.

3 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Why so many Brexiteers cannot calculate ?

The total net contribution of the UK to the EU is a € 5.3 billion a year. For that, they join in the financing of a lot of safety systems, the UK has to finance on their own outside the EU. As "food" man, I then think immediately of the investigation via EFSA and the safety guard under RASFF. This aside of all toys, electric appliances, sports devices etc with the CE sign, medicines under EMA and for sure a lot more.

But.. the real difference comes, when the word: 'import duty into the EU falls". For cars: 10 % over the CFR value. 

European Union members bought in 2017 for $17.1 billion worth cars exported from the UK, 10% over that is €ur 1,5 billion. 

Import duty for confectionary: 1`3,7 %, and meat: about half. see  https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en

UK exports to the EU were £274 billion (44% of all UK exports). Imagine a just 2 % overall import duty = about the total amount the UK pays now to be member. On pure economic grounds, the EU is a gigantic thief of their own wallet NOT to throw out the British per immediately.

For the imports ex the EU into the UK: you have better alternatives wordlwide ? ? Or the next disaster ? Better pay 1% commission to the EU to have all guarded there for quality and legal protection under EU law. 

UK imports from the EU were £341 billion (53% of all UK imports). How much of that imports is oil and gas, from Russia, Middle East and others  ? ?

Time to re-study the money trail in politics ?  Or start first with a refreshing course calculation ? ? 

718576430_netcontributioncountriesEU.png.5333a3b713b9e497e63b9369e2bfa7dc.pngw the British out per immediate.

If you are keen on figures you might start by correcting your quote for the total net contribution of the UK to the EU, which has recently been a minimum of 9B pounds per year.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If you are keen on figures you might start by correcting your quote for the total net contribution of the UK to the EU, which has recently been a minimum of 9B pounds per year.

I am afraid you are not counting any EU money going from the EU to the UK private sector , see  https://fullfact.org/europe/claim-about-uks-eu-contribution-correct-meaningless/  

Contribution_over_time_v2 (1).png

In 2017 the UK contributed €10.58 billion to the EU budget (after a rebate of €4.94 billion), and also collected €3.97 billion in customs duties on the EU's behalf, of which it retained 20%, as an administrative fee.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/external/html/budgetataglance/default_en.html#united_kingdom

See also: https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/remain-eu/  and https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/brexit.asp   

Still the most important part of my story is, the import duty of UK goods into the EU are FAR higher than the UK contribution to the EU. This duty will make UK origin products less competative to what is made inside the EU. For the imports from the EU, the UK has hardly any alternative seen price, lead time in supply, and safetyness + legal stability. Or you think you have better chances in the courts of … Lagos ( Nigeria), Manaus ( Brazil), Xiamen ( China) etc... 

Edited by puipuitom

The battle of the figures continue :tongue:,... can do with figures whatever you want to do, just as with statistic depending the point of view from the one presenting them .

But if E.U. was so bad case for the U.K. why oh why the golden lady Thatcher so praised to heaven by the British, was defending membership , fighting against De Gaulle vetoing it up to 2times ? 

You must of being very foolish to stay 40 years letting robbing you (as Brexiteers say ..?) :blink:

I think more the U.K. tried to squeeze some more rebate out of it than they already got .., and expecting tp be in the drivers seat as Great old Britain rights as a world leader .., MISCALLCULATION !! , as in the E.U. all members have a voice & a vote even when callus undemocratic …..looking across the channel from E.U side  there is now a very strange democracy going on in U.K. 

Don't blame E.U. for your mess now as you don it yourself and digging deeper in it more & more , nobody hold you from leaving unless your own politicians and divided system , you delivered the leaving note , and that's it... no chains on your feet , at least not from our side ….oh..! you where expecting E.U. go flat on belly , "E.U. needing you U.K. more than U.K. need us" ...sorry wrong guessing .

Regretting your leaving is out  of mind already , past our thinking , seeing the reality of it and accepting it ,

Only asking ourselves WHEN it is finally going to happen at last :coffee1:

:wink:

Edited by david555

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

The battle of the figures continue :tongue:,... can do with figures whatever you want to do, just as with statistic depending the point of view from the one presenting them .

But if E.U. was so bad case for the U.K. why oh why the golden lady Thatcher so praised to heaven by the British was defending membership , fighting against De Gaulle vetoing it up to 2times ? 

You must of being very foolish to stay 40 years letting robbing you (as Brexiteers say ..?) :blink:

I think more the U.K. tried to squeeze some more rebate out of it than they already got .., and expecting tp be in the drivers seat as Great old Britain rights as a world leader .., MISCALLCULATION !! , as in the E.U. all members have a voice & a vote even when callus undemocratic …..looking across the channel from E.U side  there is now a very strange democracy going on in U.K. 

Don't blame E.U. for your mess now as you don it yourself and digging deeper in it more & more , nobody hold you from leaving unless your own politicians and divided system , you delivered the leaving note , and that's it... no chains on your feet , at least not from our side ….oh..! you where expecting E.U. go flat on belly , E.U. needing you U.K. more than U.K. need us ...sorry wrong guessing .

Regretting your leaving is out  of mind already , past our thinking , seeing the reality of it and accepting it ,

Only asking ourselves WHEN it is finally going to happen at last :coffee1:

:wink:

Yes, we are foolish, the EU is blameless, you have the power, just send us away! 555 

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Yes, we are foolish, the EU is blameless, you have the power, just send us away! 555 

a little more patience , it is beginning to come in mind by some of the 27 :biggrin:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I can't find anything like this anywhere else. Is that because it's BS?

click at the link and scroll down.

Still... I am not argueing for a few billion €uro's "contribution" when a € 10's of billions in exports are at stake .

As david555 already writes: the times of the "Good Old British Empire" are gone, and will never return. Be sure, when the UK ( or only England) will knock again at the doors in Brussels, they can forget Thatchers' "my money back", but accept Schengen and €uro, maybe even right lane traffic. "Sign here at the little cross" it will be. 

15 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Still... I am not argueing for a few billion €uro's "contribution" when a € 10's of billions in exports are at stake .

As david555 already writes: the times of the "Good Old British Empire" are gone, and will never return. Be sure, when the UK ( or only England) will knock again at the doors in Brussels, they can forget Thatchers' "my money back", but accept Schengen and €uro, maybe even right lane traffic. "Sign here at the little cross" it will be. 

But let them keep the French printed :clap2: blue passports …. as easy to recognize them later ….those "renegades ":cheesy:

Edited by david555

17 minutes ago, david555 said:

a little more patience , it is beginning to come in mind by some of the 27 :biggrin:

You donot have an idea, how much they detest the British in Brussels and many EU capitals. 

ONLY because Merkel is not willing to tell her voters before the EU Parliament election their cars might have problems to be sold in the UK or.. Rutte towards the Dutch grocery growers…

+ get the British holiday money be spent in the EU what a Schengen visa application for British might hamper

+ .. again a 1/2 year less till the end of this budget period ( = in the British devorse bill) , the grand of extention till 31 Oct was "swallowed". 

Edited by puipuitom

13 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Yes, I clicked the link and scrolled down. These funny numbers are only found in your funny link.

I am not asking for a lecture on British history. If we stay in the EU then any remaining rebates, vetoes and the pound will disappear eventually anyway. So tell your friends to kick us out. We won't bother you again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puipuitom said:

I am afraid you are not counting any EU money going from the EU to the UK private sector , see  https://fullfact.org/europe/claim-about-uks-eu-contribution-correct-meaningless/  

Contribution_over_time_v2 (1).png

In 2017 the UK contributed €10.58 billion to the EU budget (after a rebate of €4.94 billion), and also collected €3.97 billion in customs duties on the EU's behalf, of which it retained 20%, as an administrative fee.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/external/html/budgetataglance/default_en.html#united_kingdom

See also: https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/remain-eu/  and https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/brexit.asp   

Still the most important part of my story is, the import duty of UK goods into the EU are FAR higher than the UK contribution to the EU. This duty will make UK origin products less competative to what is made inside the EU. For the imports from the EU, the UK has hardly any alternative seen price, lead time in supply, and safetyness + legal stability. Or you think you have better chances in the courts of … Lagos ( Nigeria), Manaus ( Brazil), Xiamen ( China) etc... 

a hard brexit would see inflation rise rapidly and UK growth halted and eventually a gradual recession,the brexiteers will call it project fear just because it doesnt happen in the first few months,but even a many staunch ones are predicting a down turn but then have this theory where everything will return some form of paradise,the battering of sterling alone would raise inflation to above 3% for starters and thats before the big companies calling it a day and leaving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1