River otters!

samuttodd

I went for a spin on my motorbike today in Samut Sakhon.   I decided to roll by the Chan Le place (it is the spot on the water with the red dock that goes out for about 1/2 mile over the water.)

Looks like in the evenings you can check out phosforescent/sp lights in the water from some sort of bio illuminescent critter.

on my way back I saw some motion in a feild that has been left barren and vacant,  I was stunned when I saw 2 Big river otters chasing each other around out in the middle of the field.

These were regular river otters like we have back in the Pacific NW.   I had no idea that they live here as well.  

Somebody'd hit a dragon out there too,  it was a 5 footer and must have caused a mess of whatever hit it.   It made me wonder if there are other things that we need to watch out for if we are driving.   Back home we have troubles with deer and bears getting hit by vehicles.   Are there deer here?  What about wild pigs?

• 2 weeks later...

when I lived in Thailand in the mid 2000's I seen a river otter cross the road along the Pranburi River near our factory. Also seen large Monitor Lizards and the occasional SE Asian Water Lizard.