Money from uk to thai bank sterling account

Hello to all of you .. i wrote a post on another forum but it was pointed out i should not put it there So ill try again ....i want to know if anyone can help here ..id like to send money from my UK bank to a thai bank but keep the money in sterling ..as most of you know the rate is a joke at the moment ..id like to keep it in an account till the rate HOPEFULLY improves .. my self and my wife have normal accounts at both bangkok and K bank but need a sterling account .who is  best  ..cheapest ..easiest..  so the cost from bank in UK the charge my thai bank will ask .....any help appreciated  tks 

I have a sterling foreign currency deposit account at Krungsri Bank which can be opened with just a passport. You have to open it initially with £500 in actual bank notes. Thereafter it costs a maximum of 500 Baht for an incoming swift transfer from the UK. If you transfer money out of the account you will have to pay .25%. The only reason I opened the account with Krungsri is that it was the only Thai Bank which allowed having a FCD joint account with a foreigner and a Thai, namely my wife.

23 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

bangkok and K bank but need a sterling account .who is  best  ..cheapest ..easiest..  so the cost from bank in UK the charge my thai bank will ask .....any help appreciated  tks 

Go online and check for Foreign Currency Deposit accounts and check charges. Otherwise go to the banks and ask for details.

Normally costs the same to send as if you were sending £ to a baht account (normally min 200 max 500 baht at the Thai bank end) and there should be no charge for transferring into your baht account when you want to. However exchange rate will be at the the normal bank TT rate at best. Extra costs arise when you want to take out in foreign currency........

Archived