Alarm grows at rise in violence in hospitals

webfact

Mindset...

Thais in general cannot accept no or constructive criticism plus alternative reasoning, the mind is indoctrinated so hence expectations are far too high. A lack of education plus critical thinking.

Its all black and white with nothing in between. Blind lead the blind...

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Do you remember the song "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me that have to have a frontal lobotomy"? Love that song.

Whoaa! I never knew there was a song about it!

I can't remember where I came across the phrase, but IIRC it had 'full' in it: I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Wrap up of "hospital":

a place of insecurity, fear and stress
a place you're exposed to counterparts talking about something you - in general - do not quite understand
a place where pricing can be ferocious and, in many cases, not clear when entering
a place where monetary shortage results in treatment shortage
a place where no guarantees can be given in many places
a place which can ooze (seriously) bureaucracy upstairs, downstairs 
a society problem where nurses in general and doctors in particular are elevated to semi-divine positions which, over time, can lead to arrogance, rudeness and impoliteness
a society problem for those who cannot afford treatment and subsequently are herded around in governmental institutions

Consequence is, that those who can afford it go for private care as it is closer to what the customer (here patient) expects. Go figure .........

So what is being admitted is that not only can't they control the carnage on the road, but they are pretty much unable to control a crowd of people gathered in a hospital?  Yeah, that's about right.  

I wonder how many other countries allow wholesale slaughter on their roads and riots in their hospitals?

"the Bt2 million-per-head life insurance coverage for medical personnel "

this is funny, will the hospital get the 2 million pay-out ?

in Walmart, dead peasant insurance =  the employee dies and WALMART gets the insurance...

think I am joking ?

why would greedy Thailand be any different ?

2 hours ago, connda said:

So what is being admitted is that not only can't they control the carnage on the road, but they are pretty much unable to control a crowd of people gathered in a hospital?  Yeah, that's about right.  

I wonder how many other countries allow wholesale slaughter on their roads and riots in their hospitals?

There can only be ONE leader!

46 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Most hospitals in the UK have a couple of police officers assigned.

They are not there to give directions to the cafe, and on weekend nights plenty

of assaults on staff and patients occur, so plenty of " tugs and bullies" there too.

Thank for the yawn.

just for your information, in the uk,  if you attack people,  you can be arrested,  fined, jailed by the courts, what happens in Thailand. ? please tell me. 

oh ok i know, at best nothing, at worst, a wai and a 500 baht fine. or if your connected , you get nothing and the person assaulted,  gets threatened to shut up,    get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't live here do you.  :cheesy:

Thank you for the useless comparison.

Ps, There are no real police in Thailand. just the toy town ones collecting money at the side of the road.

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Armed security guards..

God forbid. 

Its a public hospital. 

If you have ever spent time in one of these places, it begs believe what goes on there.

Families move in, bring mattresses and blankets. 

The endless supply chain of foods that they bring and consume. 

Families are arguing all the time. 

(Well I think that is what they are doing. Might just be talking normally)

It's at the boiling point level because of many factors. 

Not just the standard of treatment. 

And they want to put armed guards in there. 

Fix the problem. 

Limit the amount of visitors who are allowed. 

And the amount of time they can stay.

Improve the quality of care.

Paracetamol doesn't fix everything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TMNH said:

Control your <deleted> impulses and if not, then your "women" will look elsewhere- as I would do in that same situation. "if" you can out figure out that you do NOT have a brawl outside of a hospital, then you are beyond repair. And for me to talk "logically" would be an insult to me at first. Anyone who brazenly thinks that they are above any any law OR a reasonable stance with whatever, then all I can say is step back. Those simple instructions are without any understanding. And you wonder why your peers(women ) even want to even talk? Whatever...Focus upon whether fellow thai women even have any semblance to even understand your whatever.

I live in the US...and you live elsewhere- therefore your call....your hopefully-directed whatever. And hence, I grow tired of your whatever this and that. And as such....you or anyone else is perhaps a way out.

"Whatever...Focus upon whether fellow thai women even have any semblance to even understand your whatever."

Pardon???

2 hours ago, moutamine said:

Curious from people being Buddhists is it not? Beliefs and culture are contradictory in Thailand.  That's a caracteristic of third world countries. 

Well we have many christians / born again christians in the US, one of their main mantras is 'love each other, do unto others what you would have them do unto you.'

Same point as buddhists. 

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Armed security guards..

God forbid. 

Its a public hospital. 

If you have ever spent time in one of these places, it begs believe what goes on there.

Families move in, bring mattresses and blankets. 

The endless supply chain of foods that they bring and consume. 

Families are arguing all the time. 

(Well I think that is what they are doing. Might just be talking normally)

It's at the boiling point level because of many factors. 

Not just the standard of treatment. 

And they want to put armed guards in there. 

Fix the problem. 

Limit the amount of visitors who are allowed. 

And the amount of time they can stay.

Improve the quality of care.

Paracetamol doesn't fix everything. 

Good points re the visitors! However, my Thai wife assures me that the mindset is that if someone is in hospital, then the more visitors they have, the better the patient feels - that all their family and friends care about them. Also, if the patient is fortunate enough to have a private room, then someone has to be with them ALL the time, in case of emergencies.

I am surprised that no one has yet suggested that guards be "armed" with tazers  - not guns. Just as effective in "face to face" situations, no dangers to other patients, staff, visitors or equipment from ricochets or "bad aims", and no blood or gore to clean up afterwards!   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

What’s really yawn inducing is the constant virtually unintelligible anti Thai rants which are permitted on here - doesn’t it get a little tedious angrily stomping on your keyboard every single day with the same stuff ? paranoia is controlling you. Take a few days off from the hate see how you feel 

Are all the thai guys in hellhole prisons ‘winning’ ! 

"Are all the thai guys in hellhole prisons ‘winning’ !" (?)

Crazy as it  seems, as far as most of them are concerned, yes, because they have not "lost face"! Possible scenario:-

"What are you in for"

"Murder"

"What happened"

"Somebody was chatting up my girlfriend"

"Ah, well done!"

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hobz said:

This is what they call climate change I think.

I wonder if there is correlation with relative poverty.

Human adult males tend to become violent and aggressive when put in a situation of relative poverty. (To compete for females.)

By relative poverty I mean inequality. 

If there is a hope to stop this trend the authorities responsible need to identify the cause of the trend and attack those issues. Penalizing those responsible may be somewhat of a deterrent but then the crime has already been committed.

On 5/8/2019 at 8:01 AM, stanleycoin said:

with instructions to shoot the hooligans in the head to stop them. 

Not in the head ,  in the balls should be better ;

they will have a chance to continue living but no longer to procreate a lineage as stupid as they are.

• Haha 2

On 5/8/2019 at 7:26 PM, sambum said:

Good points re the visitors! However, my Thai wife assures me that the mindset is that if someone is in hospital, then the more visitors they have, the better the patient feels - that all their family and friends care about them. Also, if the patient is fortunate enough to have a private room, then someone has to be with them ALL the time, in case of emergencies.

I am surprised that no one has yet suggested that guards be "armed" with tazers  - not guns. Just as effective in "face to face" situations, no dangers to other patients, staff, visitors or equipment from ricochets or "bad aims", and no blood or gore to clean up afterwards!   

Have to agree with that private room thing. 

I was in pattaya public with acute pancreatitis. 

Touch and go for a while. 

Yes the private room had a place for my partner to sleep too.

Hourly observation they called it.

Although the nurses were excellent. 

Fortunate enough to have a great charge nurse who had lived in the UK for 13 years. 

4500 baht a night. Room.

plus the meds and treatment. 

Although I was required to put 50,000 cash down before admission. 

And they don't claim the insurance.