Transferwise delay in payout

I was logged into Transferwise yesterday and actually watched as their site informed me that my transfer would process in 7 minutes then 4 minutes, then I got this...   coming up on 24 hours now with no action. Anyone else seeing this? Honestly I'm a little concerned.

• Fri 3rd

You set up your transfer

• Mon 4:08pm

We received your USD

•  

Your money's taking longer to pay out

Sorry for the wait — we need a bit more time to process your transfer. The rate for your transfer is 1 USD → 32.0300 THB.

•  

We pay out your THB

•  

You receive your THB

Edited by Dogberry

Unfortunately this is par for the course with TW - with 80% of my transfers I receive "Your money's taking longer to pay out" messages.  It always rectifies itself within a 24-hour window, so I'm never too concerned, but TW don't appear to have learned the old customer satisfaction maxim "under promise and over deliver".  I did comment on it once to TW customer service and got a very hoity-toity response, so I expect it's somewhat of a sore point with them

Edited by ThaiBunny
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Generally , until late I have never had a problem.  Until last week when the transfer should have gone into my Thai bank on Monday, but in fact did not arrive until Tuesday.

I emailed them and they responded advising me that my transfer on Monday was actioned after the cut-off times for a Thai transactions. So emailed again to ask exactly what those times were. Their reply was 10 am Thai time, ie 4 am UK time ( for it to arrive same day)

Today I transferred again, at 05:36 Thai time.  Guess what ? They state it arrives tomorrow - go figure that as clearly their cut-off times are unreliable.

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Like 1

I received money yesterday from Europe, it took 4 days ( normally 2 days ), maybe in relation with 1st may

usually I get messages in my mail telling that money is  sent, arrived etc ; this time, nothing , I had to look in my personal account to know how it was 

unusual !

• Like 1

This will be the 8th transfer I've initiated with them. They all arrived as estimated until this one. I wasn't sure if this was a system wide problem or just my transfer. And yeah RIPSTANLEY, I quickly checked my BB account upon your mention. The money is not there.

Transfer order 8 a.m. May the 6th. here in Thailand. 

Received message it would be on my Thai account today the 8th.

Received message from my Thai bank yesterday 7 May at 1.30 p.m. that my account was credited. 

Transfer from Belgium to Thailand. 

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My transaction last week, the money arrived the same day.

Customers from the USA always seem to have problems.

One or more of the staff is probably Russian. ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dogberry said:

This will be the 8th transfer I've initiated with them. They all arrived as estimated until this one. I wasn't sure if this was a system wide problem or just my transfer. And yeah RIPSTANLEY, I quickly checked my BB account upon your mention. The money is not there.

My two last transfers took 2 days from UK.

Just now, BritManToo said:

I think the US government is delaying money moving out of the USA. I have no idea why.

Today's Conspiracy Theory!  My Socials payment arrived in my foreign bank account intact and on time

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Today's Conspiracy Theory!  My Socials payment arrived in my foreign bank account intact and on time

I doubt terrorism or tax evasion is being funded by the US social security system.

And if you had thought before posting, you may have come to the same conclusion.

Edited by BritManToo

4 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Unfortunately this is par for the course with TW - with 80% of my transfers I receive "Your money's taking longer to pay out" messages.  It always rectifies itself within a 24-hour window, so I'm never too concerned, but TW don't appear to have learned the old customer satisfaction maxim "under promise and over deliver".  I did comment on it once to TW customer service and got a very hoity-toity response, so I expect it's somewhat of a sore point with them

I have been transferring my pensions through TW (UK) since November last year and I have never had that message.

They notify me when a pension payment arrives, they tell me how much the transfer will cost in GBP, what I will get in THB and the forex rate and when the transfer will take place, usually the next working day, unless the transfer is on a Friday when I don't get it until the Monday or if there is a Thai bank holiday.

Perhaps you are not as much of a hansum man as me.  ???? :sorry:

4 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Generally , until late I have never had a problem.  Until last week when the transfer should have gone into my Thai bank on Monday, but in fact did not arrive until Tuesday.

I emailed them and they responded advising me that my transfer on Monday was actioned after the cut-off times for a Thai transactions. So emailed again to ask exactly what those times were. Their reply was 10 am Thai time, ie 4 am UK time ( for it to arrive same day)

Today I transferred again, at 05:36 Thai time.  Guess what ? They state it arrives tomorrow - go figure that as clearly their cut-off times are unreliable.

quote I emailed them and they responded advising me that my transfer on Monday was actioned after the cut-off times for a Thai transactions.

If the transfer was on Monday the 6th this week it was because that date was a public/bank holiday for the Thai King's coronation.

• Like 1

Have arranged about 100 TW transfers from UK to SCB/BB over the last few years. Only had two that were outside the usual next banking day arrival date. One was 2 days late and another one day late. Both times TW gave me a fee free transfer for next time - up to Stg500.

No complaints from me with that level of service. 

• Like 1

Did my first transfer with them...they said, money would arrive Wed..today...just logged in to their site...new message...we sent the money but some banks are slow...could take up to 4 days!!!

I'll switch back to bkk bank NY for as long as that last...TW is just too slow.

19 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Did my first transfer with them...they said, money would arrive Wed..today...just logged in to their site...new message...we sent the money but some banks are slow...could take up to 4 days!!!

I'll switch back to bkk bank NY for as long as that last...TW is just too slow.

When I first started using TW I had the money sent to my KBank account it used to take 2 days and was not shown as a FTT. When I queried TW they said that the use KBank, BKK Bank and I think the SCB.

I opened an account at BKK Bank and the TW transfers are now 24 hours except Fridays and bank holidays plus they show up as FTT.

These are bank/public holidays for 2019.

Bank holidays January 01
  February 05,19
  April 08, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
  May 01, 06, 21, 22
  July 16, 17, 29
  August 12
  October 14, 23
  December 05, 10, 31
  • Like 1

I've made 18 GBP transfers over the last 8 months. Not one of them has been delayed, Although they do occasionally post the same message that you received, this never actually happens.

My observation is that they post this 'taking longer' message following weekends or public holidays in anticipation that the banks might be busy catching up on their work.

I am, of course talking about transfers from the UK, where the time difference 7 hours. The extra time difference between here and the US could well account for the perceived delays.

Edited by Moonlover
Spelling correction

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

quote I emailed them and they responded advising me that my transfer on Monday was actioned after the cut-off times for a Thai transactions.

If the transfer was on Monday the 6th this week it was because that date was a public/bank holiday for the Thai King's coronation.

Update on my earlier post where TW stated it would arrive tomorrow although I actioned it before the transfer cut-off.  It arrived this afternoon !

• Like 2